Smaller subtitle offset increments

F1nchy

F1nchy

Yes, I agree that Kodi is too fine grained. I would say that 0.25 seconds incremends would be ideal as even that amount can make a noticeable difference, but at least 0.5 seconds increments would be better than the current 1. 

• Like 2

miniliQuid

I think I like the idea of 0.25, where as 0,5 may be just a tad annoying to get it just right sometimes.

Anyway the current is 0.05 I believe? So even 0.1 and 0.2 would be a great improvement for having to tap a lot less :D

• 2 months later...
Baenwort

I'd like it to be a user option that each user could set in their settings area with a standard set by the server or just left to the Emby default.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
raptorjr

I just started using the Android TV app and it only have 1 second intervals. That is too big and not possible to get good. 0.1seconds would be much better. And having to press a few times is much less annoying than having the text offset wrong. Also would like to add a request that the setting is saved. So you don’t have to do it all over again next time you start the video. 

miniliQuid
On 6/8/2021 at 7:29 PM, raptorjr said:

I just started using the Android TV app and it only have 1 second intervals. That is too big and not possible to get good. 0.1seconds would be much better. And having to press a few times is much less annoying than having the text offset wrong. Also would like to add a request that the setting is saved. So you don’t have to do it all over again next time you start the video. 

Think that last bit has already been requested.
Weird that the android TV app has such huge increments, while most apps have extremely small increments (think it's currently on 0.05 for most apps which is too small of an increment) :o

raptorjr

Thank you, that sounds good. Also another thing if it is possible to fix. To remember what language was used the last time searching for a subtitle. Maybe some like it, but I think there is a small number of people that always search for Afar language, or what is first in the list. Probably English would be a better default choice. And even better, remember the last used. 

• 2 weeks later...
F1nchy

I noticed last night that this has now been implemented and I was able to adjust in increments of .25 seconds, which in use is the perfect level of adjustment needed. Many thanks for doing that, very much appreciated!

Just FYI for readers, this is in the current beta of the app and will be in the next release.

• Thanks 1