Collections not showing up

BATTLE DONKEY

BATTLE DONKEY

Lol my bad, I did indeed reread it before I posted and still didn't see it, I've got an ear infection at the moment and I'll blame it on that :P lol

Not sure why it wouldn't show up. Let me give u the Microsoft solution, have u tried restarting MBClassic?

NJ RadioGuy

Repeatedly. MB-Classic, MB Server 3 and the whole PC. Probably a dozen or so reboots over the last couple of days as I install software and updates.

BATTLE DONKEY

From your web browser click on the user icon in the top right corner, then click my preferences, and tick the box "display a collection view to show movie collections"

From here you can also select if you want to group movies into collections when in the movie folder view down near the bottom and also which, if any channels you want displayed along that bottom row of the ehs. Ex. Would be if you want trailers to have its own category.

Hope that helps

Edited by BATTLE DONKEY

NJ RadioGuy

Hi all,

After a full HTPC rebuild I'm in the process of putting out the last few fires in my MB-C installation. When I launch MB-C I have items at the bottom for MOVIES, TV and HOME VIDEO. An option for "Collections" is not available. However, within Metadata Manager from the Web interface there is an option for collections.

I have changed the sort name to 1TV, 2Movies, 3Collections and 4Home-Video but no joy. In Preferences, Display, I have a check mark beside "display a collections view to show movie collections."

I have no option to create collections whatsoever, on any screen that I can find. Any idea what's going on?

Thanks in advance.

NJ RadioGuy

If you re-read my original post you'll see that I already did that :P

In Preferences, Display, I have a check mark beside "display a collections view to show movie collections."

moviefan

Are your collections created by the auto collection feature or manually organized by you into folders?  I use the latter method and I am pretty sure it was said that this does not work in MBC.

NJ RadioGuy

I have no collections any more. They were lost when I re-installed clean. I don't even have the option anywhere (that I can see, at least) to even create a collection.

I have now found another problem that I can't make go away. After 10 minutes of inactivity, a screensaver of generic pictures is put up on screen, despite it being turned off in Configuration/General (Screen Saver box un-ticked). I don't recognize the pictures, they are not mine and I have no personal photos on this PC.

that sounds like the generic WMC screensaver. Also, you do have options to create collections. In the web client go to

Movies -> Collections -> New

Or

Movies -> Movie list -> Click the checkbox to open the selection tool -> add to collection

NJ RadioGuy

How do I get rid of the WMC screen saver?

OK, i created a collection (I thought I could do it via the Metadata Manager in the Collections setting, but I was wrong). Now how do I change the "default image provider" in "browse Online Images" so it actually goes out and fetches artwork for the primary and thumbnail images, etc, for everything in the collection? All I see now is a silly film frame placeholder. I would also like to get some quality art for the EHS home screen for movies, TV shows, etc. Yes, I know, I can manually add my own artwork, but I'd rather have something good looking automatically.

Likewise, all my 400+ titles have missing artwork, despite having a million jpegs/etc in their respective folders.

Edited by NJ RadioGuy

moviefan

How do I get rid of the WMC screen saver?

WMC ->> Settings -> Pictures -> Slide Show ScreenSaver -> UnCheck

53ecbaa55a388_mb.png

Gonna move this over to the server forum as this all appears to be server configuration stuff.

NJ - you do have the option to download metadata from the internet turned on, don't you?