Undetermined subs as preferred subtitle language

JanneKah

JanneKah

It would be a nice feature to be able to choose the so called "undetermined" subs as preferred subtitle language. This way when using different subtitles languages for different shows would make it very easy to automatically pick the undetermined external subtitle in the language you prefer for that movie/show. 

Example: For Show X you prefer English subs, for show Y you prefer Italian subs. You just put a srt-file in the language of your choice but without a language tag into the shows folders (so for Emby they are undetermined) and pick undetermined subtitles as preferred subtitle language in Emby and voila: Emby always plays the subtitle language you want for every single show/movie.

Hi, yes it's not a bad idea as many users don't bother to put the language in the subtitle file name. Thanks for the feedback.

• Like 1

pwhodges

What would work best for me would be to retain the language selection, but have an additional check-box for "Also select undetermined".  That way I'd get the right language in places it's specified, and typically the expected ones when it is not.

Paul

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

• 4 months later...
GrimReaper
On 3/10/2021 at 2:32 PM, pwhodges said:

What would work best for me would be to retain the language selection, but have an additional check-box for "Also select undetermined".  That way I'd get the right language in places it's specified, and typically the expected ones when it is not.

Paul

There was a similar discussion on the same subject:

I still think that Fallback language setting (with "Und" being one of the selectable choices) would encompass both this request and more scenarios, in addition. 

• Like 1