Add a Skip Button in player controls [Topic edited for clarification]

JanneKah

Okay, I understand now.  There has been no update because it is still an open and possible enhancement for the future.  There hasn't been anything to update because we haven't done anything with it yet.

Thanks.

• 2 months later...

I don't understand what the difficulty is.

When you play an episode of a series, just check if there are further episodes following. If the current stream is reaching the end (last 45 seconds or whatever) and there is a further episode, make that "show next episode" button available - regardless if the user started one episode or a playlist of episodes. If the user doesn't interact with that button, do whatever the Emby client did do ever since when there is/was no such button: Play the next episode automatically when the options says so or fall back to the dash board.

I am a developer on my own and I don't understand where the problem is and why it needs more than a year to discuss if it could be solved or not.

3 hours ago, Arby said:

I don't understand what the difficulty is.

When you play an episode of a series, just check if there are further episodes following. If the current stream is reaching the end (last 45 seconds or whatever) and there is a further episode, make that "show next episode" button available - regardless if the user started one episode or a playlist of episodes. If the user doesn't interact with that button, do whatever the Emby client did do ever since when there is/was no such button: Play the next episode automatically when the options says so or fall back to the dash board.

I am a developer on my own and I don't understand where the problem is and why it needs more than a year to discuss if it could be solved or not.

we do already have skip buttons, but they're based on what you have in the play queue rather than the episodes in the library.