MediaBrowser as hardware

Taffer

How long before MB becomes a piece of hardware that can be purchased and plugged in like an Apple TV or a WD TV or Boxee. It seems to be the next logical step in MB's evolution and would be a hughe leap forward in media streaming / playing devices that are available today. I dont know bugger all about progaming or software etc but surely you could list it as a startup and try to get someone interested in creating a dedicated box.

I was just musing and wondered if it had been brought up or even contemplated, i remember in the days of MB2 it was suggested that no way would there be a non WMC dependent version but look how far you have come now. Im not even sure how it would work .. maybe a drone box with all your files on and then an MB head unit that can stream to multiple devices ... what does anyone else think aobut this? has this been raised before ?

Just curious

Beardyname

What would be perfect is if someone could convince the guys over at openelec.tv that we need a raspberry pi build for Mediabrowser :P

aka rip out the internal database and replace it with Mb3

swhitmore

I don't think it ever will to be honest. The HTPC scene is very niche and hardware is an expensive market to get into.

space2001

it would be great if someone contacted meed8er and got them to use the mediabrowser server.

If would make there box perfect.

fantaxp7

I think it's a fantastic idea and a great way to support the mediabrowser project.

I'm sure there are a ton of things to consider...I'd imagine some system on a chip type thing...maybe one of the many Android boxes out there could be selected and a custom Android app could be used as an image some how...just thinking out loud here :)