update app on Android TV

wiebereu
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

wiebereu

I think i that i miss some features on my Emby app on the Android TV. I have a Sony Bravia smart TV. 

I can't synchronize subtitles when they are out of sync. 

There is also no way to import my own subtitle which i already stored on my computer

If i want to fast forward the movie i can not do it with steps of 10 seconds for instance but it fast forward the movie with minutes i think. 

My version of the Emby app on my Android TV is 1.8xxx

My Emby server version is 4.5.4

I want to know if i have the latest version of the app on my tv. it would be nice if you know which version is available and which version you are running so that you know that you are lagging behind the current version. 

If i look at the settings of my Android TV i can only remove the app or remove the cache. There is no option to reinstall the app. 

I hope i can find some help here.

Edited by wiebereu

GrimReaper

Emby for Android TV
Google Devices
Stable: v1.8.55g (2021/02/22)
Beta: v1.8.78g (2021/02/28)

Amazon Devices
Stable: v1.8.55a (2021/02/22)
Beta: v1.8.78g (2021/02/28)

In your Emby for Android TV app, press the cog icon (Settings) - your current version is indicated at bottom right screen corner. 

• Solution

You have the latest version.

9 hours ago, wiebereu said:

I can't synchronize subtitles when they are out of sync. 

Subtitle offset for external subs will be in the next version of the app

There is also no way to import my own subtitle which i already stored on my computer

Not sure exactly what you mean here but if you place your subtitle with your media and follow the proper naming convention, it should be seen by the entire system. 

If i want to fast forward the movie i can not do it with steps of 10 seconds for instance but it fast forward the movie with minutes i think. 

The standard jump is 10 seconds but this is configurable in the app settings.  Also, if you have thumbnails enabled on your server, then you can seek visually.