Pin code login on local network

Flintfamily
Go to solution Solved by Flintfamily,

Flintfamily

Hi,

Any ideas why my PIN code login will no longer work on my LG TV app? It was fine until recently but I had a power cut and then had to reenter the code via web browser and since then the PIN via local network will not work. It's okay via the android app but even after changing it it won't work on the TV. Nor will the option to enter via local network without PIN if I use the TV app...

Any thoughts most welcome.

Flintfamily

Good to know it's working on other systems but on my local network with the TV I get a "Sign in Error - Incorrect username or password please try again" message. As stated the PIN works fine through the android app on my local network and until recently also worked on the TV. I have reset the PIN and also tried to set it for No password required on local network which also doesn't change the sign in error on the TV. The only thing that works is signing in with the full password which works as normal.

Hi, the server probably thinks the TV is outside the local network. I would use the password to sign in and then review your emby server network settings.

rbjtech

As Luke says, compare the IP address of the TV vs the working IP addresses - are they the same except for the last octet ?  ie 192.168.0.X

If they are the same, then it's possibly worth removing the app from the TV (or try wiping the app cache to start with), restarting the TV and re-installing it.

• Solution
Flintfamily

Bit weird. Everything was on the local network. I ended up just connecting to a 'new' server and reentering the LAN address and it's sorted.

Question, should my LAN address displayed on the dashboard be different from the actual LAN address identified by router, server etc? My actual LAN address is 192.168.0.105:8096 but on the dashboard it shows 172.16.0.2:8096 why is that? Related to OpenVPN?

rbjtech

If that is the VPN WAN address then yes.  If you wish to force the 192.168.0.105 address to avoid possible issues - then add it in Server|Network|IP Address (as the bind address) and restart emby, it should then always show the 192 address in the dashboard.