Emby next gen

quickmic
6 hours ago, spon said:

(or make it as an option).

An option will not impact the current sync implementation.

Is emby-next-gen compatible with the embuary skin on Matrix?

I know you have to make an .xml edit to make the skin show up in Matrix but after that does emby next gen 'emulate' or replace emby4kodi and leave all parts of the skin functional?

On 5/4/2021 at 7:12 AM, quickmic said:

Please try the beta version and report if it fixes the issue.

Hello, I've tried the beta version. It correct the bug, I'm now connected every time. But I not seen my connected avatar in the upper right corner with embuary and on parameter page user and server address are not show. But I think it's due to beta version.

Many thanks for the help and your very good job.

• Thanks 1
On 5/3/2021 at 7:26 PM, Nosepull said:

Yeah, for my internet radio streams I indeed solved the issue by giving the streams the fake artist "Radio". For my usecase this is a viable workaround.

However, IMHO it is not good that the plugin fails more or less silently in such cases. Wouldn't it be possible to give those missing artists an obviously false fake artist like "NOARTIST" or something like that, sticking out in Kodi. Then it's up to the user to fix the metadata.

Was it synced in 4.x without Artist info? I tried some approaches, but it not easy to inject fake data.

One request: Could you kind of standardize the version numbering? As I see it, there is a beta repo and a stable repo. The stable repo is outdated, but the beta repo seems to be outdated, too, because you can manually download version 5.2.07.

And I just noticed that even for 5.2.07 there seem to be different build versions...

Why not just keep the beta repo updated?

Thanks for your work!

I release experimental versions as pre-review. Usually there it's a work in progress version. e.g. 5.2.07 (experimental): Core change is node re-implementation and it still needs work. Favorites nodes still needs an update.

As soon as finished, I push it in beta repo. The current beta 5.2.06 has Kodi 18 issues, that's why I haven't pushed it already in stable repo.

Stable repo releases are fully tested with different Kodi version (18 and 19), Different devices (libreelec, osmc, PC, Android) in both modes. Native and plugin and lot's more.

Edited by quickmic

I finally took the plunge and upgraded my two Android boxes to Matrix and next-gen (using Add-on mode for the first time also... always used Native in the past). All seems good so far... just have a few questions.

1. When something new is added to the library (eg. Movie), the old version of the addon used to refresh the kodi library on the fly. Now I need to back out of the movie library and go back in to see the newly added movie. Is this by design? Is there a way to turn this auto-refresh on?

2. Widgets also don't update unless I restart Kodi or Reload the skin. Eg. "Recently added movies". By design?

Thanks!!

No, not by design. Not sure which version you are using. There are lot's of improvements since 5.1.7 (stable version). You can try beta or experimental.

8 minutes ago, quickmic said:

No, not by design. Not sure which version you are using. There are lot's of improvements since 5.1.7 (stable version). You can try beta or experimental.

Interesting. I'm curious if it's the skin that I'm using. I'll do a bit more testing.

edit: I'm using the latest beta version.

Edited by knewknow
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, knewknow said:

Interesting. I'm curious if it's the skin that I'm using. I'll do a bit more testing.

edit: I'm using the latest beta version.

Just tested this @quickmicwith a new copy of Matrix and Emby-NG on a Windows laptop for testing. Using default skin. This time I used native mode so that it was different than my Android installs.

- added new movie
- checked emby server to ensure it was added
- waited on the movie library screen (wall) for about 15 minutes. Library screen was not updated with newly added movie.
- exited to home menu on kodi and immediately back into movie library, and it showed up in the list.

- checked the newly added movie widget on the home screen. Newly added movie did not show up
- checked emby server and the movie was showing under latest movies
- restarted kodi, and the movie was showing in the widget

Thanks!

8 hours ago, knewknow said:

Just tested this @quickmicwith a new copy of Matrix and Emby-NG on a Windows laptop for testing. Using default skin. This time I used native mode so that it was different than my Android installs.

- added new movie
- checked emby server to ensure it was added
- waited on the movie library screen (wall) for about 15 minutes. Library screen was not updated with newly added movie.
- exited to home menu on kodi and immediately back into movie library, and it showed up in the list.

- checked the newly added movie widget on the home screen. Newly added movie did not show up
- checked emby server and the movie was showing under latest movies
- restarted kodi, and the movie was showing in the widget

Thanks!

Please check if the websocket connection is online. -> send a (text) message from emby-server to Kodi.

knewknow
18 hours ago, quickmic said:

Please check if the websocket connection is online. -> send a (text) message from emby-server to Kodi.

Thanks @quickmic. How do I do this? I’ve looked everywhere in the settings and can’t seem to find this option...

Edit: disregard, I found the option and the text message was received.

Edited by knewknow
quickmic
5 hours ago, knewknow said:

Thanks @quickmic. How do I do this? I’ve looked everywhere in the settings and can’t seem to find this option...

Edit: disregard, I found the option and the text message was received.

Very good, so the realtime communication between server and Kodi is online.

Please send me a kodi.log (via PM), I'll check for errors.