Emby next gen

quickmic

saed
13 hours ago, quickmic said:

One drawback, EPG will not be automatically refreshed. You must trigger the "Sync Live TV" from time to time.

I'll add a auto update in one of the next versions.

waiting for that update. Even so, I am starting to have everything configured on the emby server. Thank you so much

saed

One question, is it possible to edit the tv channels in an emby server file? If so, what would be the path? attached capture.

image.thumb.png.633d3aa74c7776a17be7dd8740a83fd0.png

Edited by saed

quickmic
4 hours ago, saed said:

One question, is it possible to edit the tv channels in an emby server file? If so, what would be the path? attached capture.

image.thumb.png.633d3aa74c7776a17be7dd8740a83fd0.png

I don't know, I think you should post this question in one of the Emby support threads.

The plugin just queries the live-tv data from Emby server. In other words, what is valid/playable on Emby server (WebUI) is also valid for next-gen.

The paths Kodi uses are just the stream paths coming from Emby server (with some modification making it also valid for Kodi).

• Agree 1

• 1 month later...
mr_white79

I have 4 libraries in Emby, Movies, TV Shows, Kid's Shows, and Kid's Movies.

Movies and TV Shows contain everything.

id's movies are pointed to directories containing Kid's Movies and Kid's TV shows.

/mnt/Kids Movies

/mnt/Kids Movies

Started playing around with emby-next-gen and I am having trouble getting Kid's Movies to populate.

Movies - shows all movies

TV Shows - shows all tv shows

Kid's Shows - shows all shows in my Kid's Shows directory/library

Kid's Movies - shows nothing.

Kid's movies in Emby works fine, but in Kodi, when I browse to that library, there's nothing there.  

How can I go about troubleshooting this?  

2022-06-20 21_13_07-Kodi.png

quickmic
4 hours ago, mr_white79 said:

I have 4 libraries in Emby, Movies, TV Shows, Kid's Shows, and Kid's Movies.

Movies and TV Shows contain everything.

id's movies are pointed to directories containing Kid's Movies and Kid's TV shows.

/mnt/Kids Movies

/mnt/Kids Movies

Started playing around with emby-next-gen and I am having trouble getting Kid's Movies to populate.

Movies - shows all movies

TV Shows - shows all tv shows

Kid's Shows - shows all shows in my Kid's Shows directory/library

Kid's Movies - shows nothing.

Kid's movies in Emby works fine, but in Kodi, when I browse to that library, there's nothing there.  

How can I go about troubleshooting this?  

2022-06-20 21_13_07-Kodi.png

Which plugin version are you using? If you use Kodi 19, try latest 7.x version.

Have you performed a tested the nodes in the plugin's -> "run" menu?

Edited by quickmic

mr_white79

Installed 7.2, same issue.

If I go to Synced Nodes (Emby Server) - nothing shows under my Kid's Movies.

If I go to Dynamic Nodes (Emby Server) - I can see the movies there.

What's the difference between the two?

quickmic
5 minutes ago, mr_white79 said:

Installed 7.2, same issue.

If I go to Synced Nodes (Emby Server) - nothing shows under my Kid's Movies.

If I go to Dynamic Nodes (Emby Server) - I can see the movies there.

What's the difference between the two?

Dynamic nodes queries data directly from Emby server while synced nodes are using Kodi's database.

Synced nodes are much faster as dynamic nodes and supports all Kodi features.

Can you send me a kodi log after full sync. Seems something is wrong, but no idea what's the actual problem.

It's not a common issue, must be something specific for you setup.

Only issue I could imagine, is the quote character. Can you try renaming "Kid's Movies" to "Kids Movies" please.

mr_white79

Thanks for your replies.  Think my issue is skin related.  Reset everything,  started over and I can see all movies/shows in their respective folders in the default skin, just need to figure out how to separate them.

quickmic
7 hours ago, mr_white79 said:

Thanks for your replies.  Think my issue is skin related.  Reset everything,  started over and I can see all movies/shows in their respective folders in the default skin, just need to figure out how to separate them.

Only possible if you use the custom nodes. So the custom nodes (synced nodes) in plugin menu must be also correct. Otherwise it's still an issue.

Edited by quickmic

mr_white79

Ok, yea.  Synced Nodes is not working then for the Kids Movies library.  I did rename it to remove the single quote, but it had no effect.

Attached are my logs, taken from a fresh install/setup/sync.  And the screenshot is my library configuration in Emby.   The Movies library is 2 directories, /mnt/movies and /mnt/kids movies.  The Kids Movies library is just /mnt/kids movies.

2022-06-22 11_06_11-Library.png

kodi.log

• Thanks 1

quickmic
53 minutes ago, mr_white79 said:

Ok, yea.  Synced Nodes is not working then for the Kids Movies library.  I did rename it to remove the single quote, but it had no effect.

Attached are my logs, taken from a fresh install/setup/sync.  And the screenshot is my library configuration in Emby.   The Movies library is 2 directories, /mnt/movies and /mnt/kids movies.  The Kids Movies library is just /mnt/kids movies.

2022-06-22 11_06_11-Library.png

kodi.log 884.62 kB · 0 downloads

The kodi.log looks perfect. Please send me (via PM) ALL files from

kodi/userdata/Database/

and

kodi/userdata/library/

for review.

Please compress the files to zip.

Edited by quickmic

mr_white79

lol, went to play something and nothing happens or Kodi crashes.  Can see items, but can't play anything.

quickmic
1 hour ago, mr_white79 said:

lol, went to play something and nothing happens or Kodi crashes.  Can see items, but can't play anything.

Please send me another kodi.log for the crash.

quickmic
2 hours ago, mr_white79 said:

I've reviewed your database you send me via PM.

I can confirm it's not working but it seems you haven't re-synced your database after changed from Kid's to Kids.

The tags are wrong in the database. As you also mentioned in the previous posting, the selection (nodes) worked after resync.

Seems there is an issue with the quote char in the libraries labels. I'll check that and try to fix it.

Now the question is, why not playable.

Maybe Kodi was not correctly closed (and still running in the background). If it's still not working, please send me the kodi.log after you initiate a playback and fails.

thanks.

Edited by quickmic

mr_white79

Finally believe I have it working.  I tried removing single quotes and any other programmatic characters from my library, but that made no difference. 

I think the issue was how I had my Emby library setup.  My Movies library was two folders, movies and kids movies.  My Kids movies library was just the same kids movies folder.

I removed the Kids Movies folder from the Movies library and now it appears to be working as it should.  I'm seeing random play back failed messages, but on the 2nd attempt, the file will play, so not sure what that is, but not a big deal. 

• Like 1

quickmic
17 hours ago, mr_white79 said:

Finally believe I have it working.  I tried removing single quotes and any other programmatic characters from my library, but that made no difference. 

I think the issue was how I had my Emby library setup.  My Movies library was two folders, movies and kids movies.  My Kids movies library was just the same kids movies folder.

I removed the Kids Movies folder from the Movies library and now it appears to be working as it should.  I'm seeing random play back failed messages, but on the 2nd attempt, the file will play, so not sure what that is, but not a big deal. 

You are right, I tested your case and have the same issue as you.

I can also confirm, that the programmatic characters are not related to the issue.

Even it's an edge case, I'll try to fix the issue.

On 26/04/2022 at 15:02, quickmic said:

Both issues are related to a corrupted addon settings.xml There is something wrong/broken in your setup, please upload a Kodi.log (no debug mode) and/or reinstall the plugin.

Just to add to this issue/solution, I had the same problem with the emby-next-gen prompting for settings each time it restarted (including each upgrade).

I determined my issue was caused by emby-next-gen upgrading the settings from the old emby plugin, and not correctly writing out its own XML file to its own directory.

I had uninstalled the old emby plugin from my system, but its data folder was still present. Emby-next-gen appeared to be reading the settings from here (like which Emby server to connect to, etc.), but prompted each time for what kind of paths I wanted and whether I wanted to sync user ratings.

When I checked the emby-next-gen data folder, I saw that the settings XML file was there, but was 0 bytes big: not corrupt, but completely empty.

I stopped Kodi, and renamed both the old emby plugin data folder and the emby-next-gen data folder, restarted Kodi, reconfigured emby-next-gen completely, and then it wrote out a proper XML config file and doesn't now prompt on each restart/upgrade of the plugin.

I am not sure if this is a general issue with the way the settings are "migrated" from the previous emby plugin, or whether I just had my own personal issue 😀

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
quickmic
On 6/24/2022 at 4:09 PM, mr_white79 said:

In 7.5.1, your case should be covered. If you want, you can give it a shot.

Edited by quickmic

• 1 month later...
Paxalou

Hi,
On KODI Matrix, the latest Emby-next-gen 6.2.11, works fine when I installed it from zip file, but when restarting Kodi, it doesn't work anymore. At Kodi re-launch, it says that there is an error with this add-on, and "check the log".

So here is the log...

If I disable Emby-next-gen before shuting Kodi down, and then relaunch Kodi and enable manually Emby-next-gen , it works fine.
BUT, if I quit KODI with Emby-next-gen  enabled, on the next Kodi launch there will be the error and Emby-next-gen  not working.

kodi.log

Edited by Paxalou

quickmic
9 hours ago, Paxalou said:

Hi,
On KODI Matrix, the latest Emby-next-gen 6.2.11, works fine when I installed it from zip file, but when restarting Kodi, it doesn't work anymore. At Kodi re-launch, it says that there is an error with this add-on, and "check the log".

So here is the log...

If I disable Emby-next-gen before shuting Kodi down, and then relaunch Kodi and enable manually Emby-next-gen , it works fine.
BUT, if I quit KODI with Emby-next-gen  enabled, on the next Kodi launch there will be the error and Emby-next-gen  not working.

kodi.log 68.37 kB · 1 download

Before I start a review, please update to the latest version which is not 6.2.11. It's 6.2.20.

btw, no longer used, can be uninstalled:

2022-08-21 20:39:31.420 T:13298    INFO <general>: CAddonMgr::FindAddons: plugin.video.emby.movies v0.14 installed
2022-08-21 20:39:31.420 T:13298    INFO <general>: CAddonMgr::FindAddons: plugin.video.emby.musicvideos v0.14 installed
2022-08-21 20:39:31.420 T:13298    INFO <general>: CAddonMgr::FindAddons: plugin.video.emby.tvshows v0.14 installed

For a proper review I need log from a clean Kodi installation (use a PC for tests, much easier). You have sooo many plugins installed, I don't know what actually causes the issue (which combination). This is for sure not a common issue, must be specific to your system.

Btw, several 3rd party plugins also shows issues.

Paxalou

Ok, you're perfectly right !!!

I started on a fresh install, and with 6.2.20 version, and now everything works fine !

Thank you !!!!

• Like 1

athanatos875

Hi @quickmic!

I'm having some issues syncing my Emby Live TV's EPG into IPTV Simple.  When I Sync LiveTV from the "Manage Libraries" menu, I get a Python "index out of range error" in my Kodi log (attached).  I am running the latest stable version of Emby Next-Gen (6.2.20) and PVR IPTV Simple Client (19.2.2).  Any ideas?

2022-08-24 12:41:05.457 T:18532   ERROR <general>:   File "C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby-next-gen\helper\pluginmenu.py", line 591, in SyncLiveTV                                               

2022-08-24 12:41:05.457 T:18532   ERROR <general>: timestampStart += " +" + temp2[1].replace(":", "")

2022-08-24 12:41:05.457 T:18532   ERROR <general>: IndexError
2022-08-24 12:41:05.457 T:18532   ERROR <general>: : 
2022-08-24 12:41:05.457 T:18532   ERROR <general>: list index out of range

kodi.log

quickmic
10 hours ago, athanatos875 said:

Hi @quickmic!

I'm having some issues syncing my Emby Live TV's EPG into IPTV Simple.  When I Sync LiveTV from the "Manage Libraries" menu, I get a Python "index out of range error" in my Kodi log (attached).  I am running the latest stable version of Emby Next-Gen (6.2.20) and PVR IPTV Simple Client (19.2.2).  Any ideas?

2022-08-24 12:41:05.457 T:18532   ERROR <general>:   File "C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby-next-gen\helper\pluginmenu.py", line 591, in SyncLiveTV                                               

2022-08-24 12:41:05.457 T:18532   ERROR <general>: timestampStart += " +" + temp2[1].replace(":", "")

2022-08-24 12:41:05.457 T:18532   ERROR <general>: IndexError
2022-08-24 12:41:05.457 T:18532   ERROR <general>: : 
2022-08-24 12:41:05.457 T:18532   ERROR <general>: list index out of range

kodi.log 102.89 kB · 1 download

Can you please try latest 7.x version (use PC for a trial run) and let me know if it's fixed there. I think it should be covered, if yes I'll backport the changes.

athanatos875
11 hours ago, quickmic said:

Can you please try latest 7.x version (use PC for a trial run) and let me know if it's fixed there. I think it should be covered, if yes I'll backport the changes.

Not sure why I didn't try that before.  That got it working!  Thank you!

• Like 1