Emby next gen

quickmic

rhodges

I am getting "WARNING: EMBY.core.common.Common: No video bitrate available" for some of my files. I added a json.dumps and found that

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/plugin.video.emby/blob/43bf7dceba5b819e6cdd639f4139d1281e8c32cd/core/common.py#L125
obj['Filename'] = "%s-%s-%s-stream-%s" % (obj['Id'], obj['MediaSourceID'], obj['Item']['MediaSources'][0]['MediaStreams'][0]['BitRate'], Filename)

The first media stream is not always the video stream, so it can be missing the bitrate key.

You have already found and seperated this into:

obj['Video'] or even obj['Streams']['video']

Wouldn't using it from there be better?

quickmic
1 hour ago, rhodges said:

I am getting "WARNING: EMBY.core.common.Common: No video bitrate available" for some of my files. I added a json.dumps and found that

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/plugin.video.emby/blob/43bf7dceba5b819e6cdd639f4139d1281e8c32cd/core/common.py#L125
obj['Filename'] = "%s-%s-%s-stream-%s" % (obj['Id'], obj['MediaSourceID'], obj['Item']['MediaSources'][0]['MediaStreams'][0]['BitRate'], Filename)

The first media stream is not always the video stream, so it can be missing the bitrate key.

You have already found and seperated this into:

obj['Video'] or even obj['Streams']['video']

Wouldn't using it from there be better?

Could be a problem with the mediastream index (as you mentioned -> not a video stream), but mostly this comes from e.g. strm files on Emby server which are not initialized.

I'll check that.

btw, invalid bitrates is not a showstopper, but it has an impact to transcoding detection.

Edited by quickmic

rhodges

I had about a dozen movies and a couple dozen episodes (all mkv files in Emby). I'm guessing it was because whoever muxed them didn't put the video first.

I changed to match what you have in the musicvideos elif block and it seems to work

• Like 1

quickmic
23 minutes ago, rhodges said:

I had about a dozen movies and a couple dozen episodes (all mkv files in Emby). I'm guessing it was because whoever muxed them didn't put the video first.

I changed to match what you have in the musicvideos elif block and it seems to work

btw, that's why I'm also working on unification of the code so I don't need to fix it in multiple spots.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
ringzer0

Thanks for all the work so far quickmic!

Is there any chance (and is it possible) that the Intro Skip add-on/plug-in will be integrated with Emby Next-Gen? Or would that need to be an entirely separate plugin?

• Like 1

quickmic
8 minutes ago, ringzer0 said:

Intro Skip add-on/plug-in

I assume you mean the Emby server addon "Intro Skip add-on".

It's already supported in next-gen experimental version (via Kodi bookmarks)

Edited by quickmic

• 3 weeks later...
AllesMeins

First of all: Thank you for developing emby-netx-gen - I love it!

I recently discovered the "ask to play trailer" feature and was wondering: Is it possible to enable it only for movies. Currently I'm also asked before each episode of a series I'm watching if I want to watch some trailers first. For my personal taste I want to watch trailers only if I'm planing to have a movie night and not when watching a quick show. Also the "play trailer?"-popup interferes with the "ask to watch next episode"-addon. So is it possible to enable the trailer-question for movies but disable it for TV-Shows?

Hello, 1st time Emby user here.

First off, great work. I was able to install Emby (docker, Synology) and make it work with Kodi (nvidia shield) via your next gen addon, very easily. So far (i'm still moving my media from my old server) all works great.

Just a couple of newbie questions tho

1) Do I need emby's Kodi plugin installed? Does it speed up the emby/kodi dialogue?

2) I'm not seeing fanart, just folder poster pictures in movies/series. But I guess I just have to execute "cache all metadata" (or is it pictures) from emby next gen addon config, right?

3) Slightly off topic, but what emby plugins do you guys recommed, for QoL improvements? What makes your emby life easier? What are musthaves? Is there something to notify me if a series I have is missing an episode or a whole season?

Thank you!

BaukeZwart
3 hours ago, Silvayn said:

1) Do I need emby's Kodi plugin installed? Does it speed up the emby/kodi dialogue?

2) I'm not seeing fanart, just folder poster pictures in movies/series. But I guess I just have to execute "cache all metadata" (or is it pictures) from emby next gen addon config, right?

3) Slightly off topic, but what emby plugins do you guys recommed, for QoL improvements? What makes your emby life easier? What are musthaves? Is there something to notify me if a series I have is missing an episode or a whole season?

1. Only the Emby next gen plugin is needed.

2. Check your config, fanart i sloading fine for me without the need to "cache all metadata". I'm aslo running Emby in Docker on Synology and Kodi on a Shield TV (2017 model, Shield Pro has arrived and is waiting to be installed)

3 Musthaves is up-to-you, I run a setup with minimal plugins. As for notifications of missing episodes, that's I think out of the Emby/kodi scope and depends on how you get your stuff. I use Radarr/Sonarr/Bazarr (al in docker on Synology) and use Notifiarr for Discord notifications.

Edited by BaukeZwart

Hi I'm not sure if Emby Next Gen is supported on Xbox Series S yet, but I've installed Kodi 19.3 and Emby Next Gen 6.1.9.  Everything seems to install fine, but when Emby next gen ties to start I get an error, and it will not connect to my server.  I've been using Emby with with Emby4Kodi on a windows PC for a while now and that still works.  I'm not sure if maybe I need to go back to Kodi 18.9(not sure how I would even do that)

Log files are a bit hard to get off the xbox, but the error is as follows(I could upload some pictures if that would help):

Error<general>: :CGUIMediaWindows::GetDirector(pluging.video.emby-next-gen/?content_type+video failed

INFO <general>: Initializing python engine

ERROR <general> EXCEPTION Thrown

(PythonToCppException):-->Python callback/script teturned the following error<--

-NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!

Error Type <class 'PermissionError'>

Error Contents:[Error 13] Permission denied: S:\\Program Files\\WindowsApps\\XBMCFoundation.Kodi_19.3.0.70._X64_4n2hpmxwrvr6p\\system\pyton

-->End of Python script ero report<--

INFO <general>:Python interpreter stopped

Error<general>:XFILE::CDirector::GetDirector - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.emby-next-gen/?content_type=Video

ERROR <general.>:CGUIMediaWindows::GetDirector(pluging.video.emby-next-gen/?content_type+video failed

quickmic
On 12/24/2021 at 12:07 PM, AllesMeins said:

First of all: Thank you for developing emby-netx-gen - I love it!

I recently discovered the "ask to play trailer" feature and was wondering: Is it possible to enable it only for movies. Currently I'm also asked before each episode of a series I'm watching if I want to watch some trailers first. For my personal taste I want to watch trailers only if I'm planing to have a movie night and not when watching a quick show. Also the "play trailer?"-popup interferes with the "ask to watch next episode"-addon. So is it possible to enable the trailer-question for movies but disable it for TV-Shows?

Sure it would be possible but let's get that straight. Onlt the "ask to play trailers" option should be split into two categories for episodes and movies OR. The trailers playback should be separated into categories OR both? Actually everything is possible.

• Like 1

quickmic
10 hours ago, micnda said:

Hi I'm not sure if Emby Next Gen is supported on Xbox Series S yet, but I've installed Kodi 19.3 and Emby Next Gen 6.1.9.  Everything seems to install fine, but when Emby next gen ties to start I get an error, and it will not connect to my server.  I've been using Emby with with Emby4Kodi on a windows PC for a while now and that still works.  I'm not sure if maybe I need to go back to Kodi 18.9(not sure how I would even do that)

Log files are a bit hard to get off the xbox, but the error is as follows(I could upload some pictures if that would help):

Error<general>: :CGUIMediaWindows::GetDirector(pluging.video.emby-next-gen/?content_type+video failed

INFO <general>: Initializing python engine

ERROR <general> EXCEPTION Thrown

(PythonToCppException):-->Python callback/script teturned the following error<--

-NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!

Error Type <class 'PermissionError'>

Error Contents:[Error 13] Permission denied: S:\\Program Files\\WindowsApps\\XBMCFoundation.Kodi_19.3.0.70._X64_4n2hpmxwrvr6p\\system\pyton

-->End of Python script ero report<--

INFO <general>:Python interpreter stopped

Error<general>:XFILE::CDirector::GetDirector - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.emby-next-gen/?content_type=Video

ERROR <general.>:CGUIMediaWindows::GetDirector(pluging.video.emby-next-gen/?content_type+video failed

Please send me a kodi.log. There are also Kodi plugins available todo the kodi.log upload job.

Obviously there is a permission issue, currently I cannot say where exactly it's coming from so I'm a bit guessing. Are you using native mode? If yes, please try addon mode. Also please try beta version with an absolute clean Kodi installation. Probably there is something in the sources.xml with causes the issue.

Unfortunately, I have no xbox for testing.

AllesMeins
27 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Sure it would be possible but let's get that straight. Onlt the "ask to play trailers" option should be split into two categories for episodes and movies OR. The trailers playback should be separated into categories OR both? Actually everything is possible.

For me personally it would be enough if only the "Ask to play trailers"-Options were split, because I don't watch trailers for episodes.I don't know about others

• Like 1

On 27/12/2021 at 04:08, quickmic said:

Please send me a kodi.log. There are also Kodi plugins available todo the kodi.log upload job.

Obviously there is a permission issue, currently I cannot say where exactly it's coming from so I'm a bit guessing. Are you using native mode? If yes, please try addon mode. Also please try beta version with an absolute clean Kodi installation. Probably there is something in the sources.xml with causes the issue.

Unfortunately, I have no xbox for testing.

Thank you for the reply.  I think I've found the fix.  For others, there seems to be an issue with Kodi 19.3 and Xbox.  There is a patch at Matthusiman.nz (Matt Huisman) that you can download and it fixes an issue with Python and the urllib Library.

• Like 1

PeteGul

Hi

Newly installed Emby server (qnap) and this add-on for Kodi. I taught it worked as it should, but seems not to so easy. I have read, but didn't find any answer. 

I don't think it shows all my movies in Kodi. If I make Emby shows unplayed movies(web view) , it shows say 20. But inside Kodi it just shows 6 unplayed movies. I have tried to update library, restarts and anything else I can think of. This is the same if I use menu in "all movies" and hide "watched" or I navigate to Emby "unwatced" playlist (should be the same as Emby in my mind). 

BTW if I use the playlist for unwatced via the Emby add on in Kodi, it does not show names for the movies, just an number? Se picture. 

Petter

IMG_20220102_005106.jpg

quickmic
14 hours ago, pettergulbra said:

Hi

Newly installed Emby server (qnap) and this add-on for Kodi. I taught it worked as it should, but seems not to so easy. I have read, but didn't find any answer. 

I don't think it shows all my movies in Kodi. If I make Emby shows unplayed movies(web view) , it shows say 20. But inside Kodi it just shows 6 unplayed movies. I have tried to update library, restarts and anything else I can think of. This is the same if I use menu in "all movies" and hide "watched" or I navigate to Emby "unwatced" playlist (should be the same as Emby in my mind). 

BTW if I use the playlist for unwatced via the Emby add on in Kodi, it does not show names for the movies, just an number? Se picture. 

Petter

IMG_20220102_005106.jpg

Please try latest beta version, at let me know if the issue still appears. (Beta version requires a full resync!)

PeteGul
3 hours ago, quickmic said:

Please try latest beta version, at let me know if the issue still appears. (Beta version requires a full resync!)

Thanks, I will.

Lost as I am, do I find the Beta thru Kodi repository? Could not find it in page 1 here.

Total Resync, do you mean inside Emby settings or update lib from Kodi settings?

Fells like I'm completely lost now. 😞

quickmic
35 minutes ago, pettergulbra said:

Thanks, I will.

Lost as I am, do I find the Beta thru Kodi repository? Could not find it in page 1 here.

Total Resync, do you mean inside Emby settings or update lib from Kodi settings?

Fells like I'm completely lost now. 😞

There is a second (beta) repository available.

http://kodi.emby.media/

You can load 6.x versions from there. As you are using 5.x (stable), the wizard will guide you (perform the resync automatically after upgrade).

The hint was sort of warning, that it will wipe all your content from Kodi (of course, not the actual files and not touching the Emby server's content). But it will wipe Kodi's internal database.

Edited by quickmic

PeteGul

Hi

Installed latest beta, now in "All movies" it shows right amount when "Hide watched" are marked. 🙂

But if I use the playlist from Emby, it still just shows numbers instead of movie names. Strange? 

quickmic
8 hours ago, pettergulbra said:

Hi

Installed latest beta, now in "All movies" it shows right amount when "Hide watched" are marked. 🙂

But if I use the playlist from Emby, it still just shows numbers instead of movie names. Strange? 

I'll check the playlists. What's the content of the playlists? Does it include synced content or dynamic content (not synced).

PeteGul

Little more info: I was now trying to open my self made playlists in Emby in Kodi. But they would not open now. This worked before I tried the beta. 

I have even tried to re add them, via the menu. But I can't, when I'll come to the last step it can't open the last to choose what to show.

If this is good enough explained 🙂

quickmic
19 hours ago, pettergulbra said:

Little more info: I was now trying to open my self made playlists in Emby in Kodi. But they would not open now. This worked before I tried the beta. 

I have even tried to re add them, via the menu. But I can't, when I'll come to the last step it can't open the last to choose what to show.

If this is good enough explained 🙂

Please let's switch to beta support thread, this one if for stable versions ->

Edited by quickmic

• 2 weeks later...

hi, quick question: how can i add more libraries ? cant find it 😕

edit: found the answer: Öffnen -> Datenbanken verwalten ->  Bibliothek hinzufügen

Edited by Xanthos
  • Like 1