Emby next gen

quickmic

quickmic
1 hour ago, tuumke said:

For some reason, the addon is just not working for me anymore?

I have update KODI, reinstalled addon, switched to beta, just won't work.

Attached the logs, looks like something is trying to setup a local server?

2021-11-05 13:05:42.150 T:4444    ERROR <general>: Exception in thread 
2021-11-05 13:05:42.150 T:4444    ERROR <general>: Thread-1
2021-11-05 13:05:42.150 T:4444    ERROR <general>: :

2021-11-05 13:05:42.150 T:4444    ERROR <general>: Traceback (most recent call last):

2021-11-05 13:05:42.150 T:4444    ERROR <general>:   File "C:\Program Files\Kodi\system\python\Lib\threading.py", line 932, in _bootstrap_inner

2021-11-05 13:05:42.151 T:17968 WARNING <general>: WARNING: EMBY.entrypoint.Service: [ Start Emby-next-gen ]
2021-11-05 13:05:42.151 T:4444    ERROR <general>:     
2021-11-05 13:05:42.151 T:4444    ERROR <general>: self.run()

2021-11-05 13:05:42.151 T:4444    ERROR <general>:   File "C:\Users\tijme\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby-next-gen\hooks\webservice.py", line 41, in run

2021-11-05 13:05:42.151 T:4444    ERROR <general>: self.socket.bind(('127.0.0.1', 57578))

2021-11-05 13:05:42.151 T:4444    ERROR <general>: OSError
2021-11-05 13:05:42.151 T:4444    ERROR <general>: : 
2021-11-05 13:05:42.151 T:4444    ERROR <general>: [WinError 10013] An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions

-edit-

I tried to find anything running on pot 57578 but i couln't find it. Tried:

nestat -aon | findstr 57578

-edit2-

After reboot, it's working again? :-s so weird..

57578 is the internal webservice port. Probably Windows firewall was blocking?

SwanStream
On 11/4/2021 at 7:12 AM, xe&#x60; said:

Edit 2: Delving into the stable repo it lists 5.3.2 which is tagged beta on github. All very confusing.

Yeah, I asked basically the same question a couple weeks ago and never did get a clear answer. Two repos with two options in each.... confusing. 

As far as I can tell both repos contain two versions, which are the same two versions tho they come from two separate repos twice, so really there are only two versions available via stable and beta repos for a total of two options selectable as they appear to the be the same two options (stable and beta) regardless of which repo, but I could be wrong, as you noted confusing. ... I know it's a Laurel and Hardy "who's on first" skit if ever there was one.  

No idea why there can't be one repo with two options or 4 options if there are 4 different version, but they both (if in fact there are two) seem to have the same version #'s.

The screenshot below shows the options at the minute... from one of the repos, but I don't know which one as I have both installed. (you'll see beta repo or stable in the right side graphic depending on which you're highlighting)

The DB updates seem to be problematic in the 6.1.5, (for my two systems ShieldTV Pro and PC) so it may be better to stick with the 5.3.2 if that's a concern, full reset seems to be faster with the new, but then I seem to need to do that often to catch updated/new media nearly daily, which gets to be less fun as time goes by. The 6.1.5 also seems to go out of sync with pushing watched status very regularly, it may coincide with it not getting updates the other way, can't tell and spend all the time I feel like spending on this with resetting DB, so no time left to dig into helping troubleshoot that.

Sorry I can't actually be helpful, I'm pretty much lost too.

I'm using the higher # "beta" repo and the higher # version. image.thumb.png.1a3bf3f703abd031064ae2d0e22f338d.png

quickmic
9 hours ago, SwanStream said:

Yeah, I asked basically the same question a couple weeks ago and never did get a clear answer. Two repos with two options in each.... confusing. 

Clear answer 🙂:

Each repo has only ONE version checked in. The version selection shows a list of ALL version of ALL repos with the same plugin id. This is how Kodi works.

Your custom skin just hides the repo information.

version.png

Edited by quickmic

quickmic

The DB updates seem to be problematic in the 6.1.5, (for my two systems ShieldTV Pro and PC) so it may be better to stick with the 5.3.2 if that's a concern, full reset seems to be faster with the new, but then I seem to need to do that often to catch updated/new media nearly daily, which gets to be less fun as time goes by. The 6.1.5 also seems to go out of sync with pushing watched status very regularly, it may coincide with it not getting updates the other way, can't tell and spend all the time I feel like spending on this with resetting DB, so no time left to dig into helping troubleshoot that.

I'll publish a new beta today, let me know if you still experience problems and send me kodi.log

Edited by quickmic

4 hours ago, quickmic said:

Clear answer 🙂:

Each repo has only ONE version checked in. The version selection shows a list of ALL version of ALL repos with the same plugin id. This is how Kodi works.

Your custom skin just hides the repo information.

version.png

Thanks this helped me a lot.

Trivial point that got me confused you may want to address. The OP here says 5.3.3 is stable whilst github says its beta and repo says its not out yet. Thanks for your efforts they really do hold my entire extended families TV experience together.image.thumb.png.306f6b77b454f0c12de37311ace60333.png

image.png.a3fcdbaa7c126e314b6d794121661aad.png

quickmic

That's mistake it's 5.3.2, but 5.3.3 is more or less identical.

... fixed.

Edited by quickmic
  • Agree 1

jellelle

Hi,

The addon stopped working. I can't seem to figure out why, even after a fresh install of Emby Server and Kodi.

Problem: Playing a file results in slow loadtimes, or even in not loading anymore. It plays for maybe 1 second and then Kodi freezes (emby-next-gen *even beta, playback mode: addon).
I can play the file in Emby Theatre for Windows just fine.

I've added the Kodi (fresh install) and Emby logs.
Can anybody point me in the right direction?

Problems occured when I changed the ssl-certificate from zerossl.com to self created with certbot. Certificate is fine, don't think it has something to do with this.

emby server.txt kodi.log

Edited by jellelle

quickmic
2 minutes ago, jellelle said:

Hi,

The addon stopped working. I can't seem to figure out why, even after a fresh install of Emby Server and Kodi.

Problem: Playing a file results in slow loadtimes, or even in not loading anymore. It plays for maybe 1 second and then Kodi freezes (emby-next-gen *even beta, playback mode: addon).
I can play the file in Emby Theatre for Windows just fine.

I've added the Kodi (fresh install) and Emby logs.
Can anybody point me in the right direction?

Problems occured when I changed the ssl-certificate from zerossl.com to self created with certbot. Certificate is fine, don't think it has something to do with this.

emby server.txt 70.92 kB · 0 downloads kodi.log 74.41 kB · 0 downloads

Can you please downgrade to 6.1.5. I wanna know, if this has something todo with the recent change to 6.1.7

jellelle
11 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Can you please downgrade to 6.1.5. I wanna know, if this has something todo with the recent change to 6.1.7

Same problem occurs. Kodi freezes.

kodi new.log

quickmic

I've removed 6.1.7 from beta repo and rollback to 6.1.5 as a precaution but still think it's not related to 6.1.7

Edited by quickmic

jellelle
2 minutes ago, quickmic said:

I've removed 6.1.7 from beta repo and rollback to 6.1.5 as a precaution but still think it's not related to 6.1.7

Problem still occurs with 6.1.5, but maybe the addon is not the problem?

Here are the logs for 6.1.5 with fresh Kodi-install

emby new.txt kodi new.log

SwanStream
8 hours ago, quickmic said:

That helps. But if that's how Kodi shows the data anyway, is there a reason for not just having one repo with two builds? ... Not that this is a life changing issue either way.

Appreciate the work none the less! 

• Like 1

quickmic
3 minutes ago, SwanStream said:

That helps. But if that's how Kodi shows the data anyway, is there a reason for not just having one repo with two builds? ... Not that this is a life changing issue either way.

Appreciate the work none the less! 

I think it's still not clear. ONE repo ONE version. As far as I know, not possible TWO versions in one repo.

The only reason why kodi shows 2 versions is:

Plugin id is ALWAYS "plugin.video.emby-next-gen".

Kodi searches in all repos for "plugin.video.emby-next-gen" and finds one in beta and one in stable, ergo 2 version available.

I don't know if it's possible to push two version with the same plugin id in the same repo. Actually, I don't think so.

FWIW this solves my original question about how to switch from beta to stable and stay with stable from then on. You simply choose which repo to "upgrade" from which would swap the branch (TBC when I actually try it).

@SwanStreamif you think about this and Kodi autoupdating if you were to try and use one repo for multiple branches Kodi or the addon would then have to have logic to know which was which and you just make things more complicated with no real gain.

SwanStream

Not worried much about the repo thing, @quickmic's response explains it well enough for me. I ask, then I learn. appreciate the explanation.

Here's another issue I keep seeing. Nvidia Shield TV Pro - Emby updates it's library and kodi on the shield starts to update and freezes. with this log seeming relevant:

https://paste.kodi.tv/zowuhesoxu.kodi

• Like 1

quickmic
18 hours ago, SwanStream said:

Not worried much about the repo thing, @quickmic's response explains it well enough for me. I ask, then I learn. appreciate the explanation.

Here's another issue I keep seeing. Nvidia Shield TV Pro - Emby updates it's library and kodi on the shield starts to update and freezes. with this log seeming relevant:

https://paste.kodi.tv/zowuhesoxu.kodi

Thanks for reporting, I think I know the problem. Which version have you installed?

I assume it happens on init sync, and you watched a movie on a different device?

For the moment, just restart Kodi and it should resume the sync.

btw, I assume you used 6.1.5 If yes, it should be fixed by 6.1.8

Edited by quickmic

SwanStream
11 hours ago, quickmic said:

Which version have you installed?

I assume it happens on init sync, and you watched a movie on a different device?

Using 6.1.5.

Not initial sync. Manual sync started because the unit wasn't updating with new content on its own.  So, addon - emby next gen - configure - sync - manage libraries - update libraries.

Possibly related, maybe not... This same unit crashes every night (the emby server shuts down nightly). Not sure if that's related to the addon or not, but would be nice if it just waited patiently if the server goes off-line rather than exit or crash.... again, no idea if it's the addon doing it or not and no idea if its related to the freeze in updating. Tested by leaving emby server on over night and unit was right where it was left. Emby server definately on-line and available, running like a champ during update at time  of log.

Edited by SwanStream

quickmic
3 minutes ago, SwanStream said:

Using 6.1.5.

Not initial sync. Manual sync started because the unit wasn't updating with new content on its own.  So, addon - emby next gen - configure - sync - manage libraries - update libraries.

Possibly related, maybe not... This same unit crashes every night (the emby server shuts down nightly). Not sure if that's related to the addon or not, but would be nice if it just waited patiently if the server goes off-line rather than exit or crash.... again, no idea if it's the addon doing it or not and no idea if its related to the freeze in updating. Tested by leaving emby server on over night and unit was right where it was left.

ok, please update to 6.1.8 beta and report if the issue is solved.

SwanStream
On 11/8/2021 at 9:21 AM, quickmic said:

ok, please update to 6.1.8 beta and report if the issue is solved.

On first glance, (haven't shut down the emby server yet...) but it does seem to be auto-updating as new items are discovered by the server... Since I changed two things, not sure if anything's different, but can't really shut the server down willy nilly.... Constant access to AV content can be a matter of life or death around here (mine that is)! more in a day or two if I grow the balls to shut-off the universe.... Thx for the support effort(s).

• Like 1

quickmic
30 minutes ago, SwanStream said:

On first glance, (haven't shut down the emby server yet...) but it does seem to be auto-updating as new items are discovered by the server... Since I changed two things, not sure if anything's different, but can't really shut the server down willy nilly.... Constant access to AV content can be a matter of life or death around here (mine that is)! more in a day or two if I grow the balls to shut-off the universe.... Thx for the support effort(s).

No need to restart the server, it makes no difference. Keep me updated, if you still experience issue.

Edited by quickmic

SwanStream
On 11/9/2021 at 10:35 AM, quickmic said:

Keep me updated, if you still experience issue

So... if the emby server stays on, but the kodi box (PC) shuts down. New content is added to emby, then when the kodi box comes back on-line it no longer updates new content, tho it does show the connect to emby message. 

PM sent with logs

Edited by SwanStream
  • Like 1

quickmic
4 hours ago, SwanStream said:

So... if the emby server stays on, but the kodi box (PC) shuts down. New content is added to emby, then when the kodi box comes back on-line it no longer updates new content, tho it does show the connect to emby message. 

PM sent with logs

Thanks for the logs. I see a huge item update "package" was received. Probably this is the reason for the issue, I'll check that.