Works fine here, please double check and send me a kodi.log

Maybe I find something.

I think I found the problem. Will be fixed in next beta

New beta version with fix available:

BETA VERSION 6.0.13:
https://github.com/MediaBrowser/plugin.video.emby/releases/tag/6.0.13

Download link for manual update:
https://github.com/MediaBrowser/plugin.video.emby/archive/refs/tags/6.0.13.zip

I just updated to the latest beta referenced above. It triggered a db reset and full sync.

Artwork isn't coming through like before - especially noticable on TV series. Season artwork and individual episode screenshots aren't showing up now. Not a huge deal, but seems to be a regression.

quickmic
4 hours ago, NNate said:

I just updated to the latest beta referenced above. It triggered a db reset and full sync.

Artwork isn't coming through like before - especially noticable on TV series. Season artwork and individual episode screenshots aren't showing up now. Not a huge deal, but seems to be a regression.

Hmm, not sure why you have a problem with the artwork. Season Artwork and Episodes are fine here, I'll check.

Yes I know, the 6.x version requires a full DB reset. Unfortunately, it's absolutely necessary but I'll add a warning notification in next beta. Anyway, a db resync is mandatory for upgrading 🙄

Edited by quickmic

tube82
4 hours ago, NNate said:

I can confirm a problem with images of episodes. There seems to be a change in the mapping.

I am using Arctic Zephyr 2 and configured widgets that use aspect ratios "Poster" and "Landscape".

Before the recent update/reset of the DB, for episodes (e.g. in a Next up widget) "Poster" used to show the series poster ("Primary" image for series on Emby server), while "Landscape" showed the episode screenshot ("Primary" image for episodes on Emby server).

After the update "Poster" shows a cropped version of the episode screenshot and "Landscape" shows the series "Thumb" image.

quickmic
2 minutes ago, tube82 said:

I can confirm a problem with images of episodes. There seems to be a change in the mapping.

I am using Arctic Zephyr 2 and configured widgets that use aspect ratios "Poster" and "Landscape".

Before the recent update/reset of the DB, for episodes (e.g. in a Next up widget) "Poster" used to show the series poster ("Primary" image for series on Emby server), while "Landscape" showed the episode screenshot ("Primary" image for episodes on Emby server).

After the update "Poster" shows a cropped version of the episode screenshot and "Landscape" shows the series "Thumb" image.

Thanks, I'll check it. Only a up-next problem? Cause up next is a special case.

Edited by quickmic

tube82
12 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Thanks, I'll check it. Only a up-next problem? Cause up next is a special case.

Seems to be a general problem. In regular season view it also displays series thumb instead of episode screenshot:

image.png.e2827acfccf36f4ee8eb76fbb5dce63b.png

Edited by tube82
  • Thanks 1

quickmic
38 minutes ago, tube82 said:

Seems to be a general problem. In regular season view it also displays series thumb instead of episode screenshot:

image.png.e2827acfccf36f4ee8eb76fbb5dce63b.png

I installed Arctic Zephyr 2 Resurrection from here: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=362941

Looks all good, but I cannot find the view mode you are using. Can you explain what it is?

https://youtu.be/FpUDqhsxm-M

quickmic
3 minutes ago, smernt said:

Will Next Gen get the 'in progress', 'Next Episode' etc for the library folders like the older plugin had?

Should be already available. Check the plugin menu, there you can see all available nodes (beside stock Kodi nodes).

4 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Should be already available. Check the plugin menu, there you can see all available nodes (beside stock Kodi nodes).

Damn you're right! It wasn't there last night, but checked again & now it is. Guess my server was slow at populating or something!

• Like 1

quickmic
Just now, smernt said:

Damn you're right! It wasn't there last night, but checked again & now it is. Guess my server was slow at populating or something!

Probably the sync was in progress...

tube82
2 hours ago, quickmic said:

I installed Arctic Zephyr 2 Resurrection from here: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=362941

Looks all good, but I cannot find the view mode you are using. Can you explain what it is?

https://youtu.be/FpUDqhsxm-M

Sorry, it is actually Arctic Horizon. Haven't changed for quite a while and mixed up the two.

I now tried a different skin and there doesn't seem to be a problem. Weird, because I used Arctic Horizon with Emby next gen for ages and it always was fine.

Edited by tube82
  • Like 1

tube82

After playing with other skins for a while: I still have the problem described earlier when I use any kind of episode widget.

In library views I have only had problems in Arctic Horizon.

quickmic
57 minutes ago, tube82 said:

Sorry, it is actually Arctic Horizon. Haven't changed for quite a while and mixed up the two.

I now tried a different skin and there doesn't seem to be a problem. Weird, because I used Arctic Horizon with Emby next gen for ages and it always was fine.

Well, the episodes have a valid "poster" and a valid "thumbnail". Not sure what should be displayed in your screenshot. Could be the skin is selecting the season artwork OR the skin expects something else than a poster or a thumbnail and uses as fallback the season artwork.

episode.png

Edited by quickmic

quickmic
1 minute ago, tube82 said:

After playing with other skins for a while: I still have the problem described earlier when I use any kind of episode widget.

In library views I have only had problems in Arctic Horizon.

Also widgets are fine here. What artwork have you selected in the widget config? Try poster, some skin helper addons have problems with thumbnails...

tube82
6 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Well, the episodes have a valid "poster" and a valid "thumbnail". Not sure what should be displayed in your screenshot. Could be the skin is selecting the season artwork OR the skin expects a something else that a poster or a thumbnail and uses as fallback the season artwork.

episode.png

I used to see the series poster. Maybe previously episodes only had thumbnails and for poster the series poster was used?

When I check in Emby server, episodes only have one image (called Primary), which is a screenshot. Like this:
image.png.0bb0be2095c86f4d2f04baa11b3fa73b.png

3 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Also widgets are fine here. What artwork have you selected in the widget config? Try poster, some skin helper addons have problems with thumbnails...

I'll try and report back.

Edited by tube82

quickmic
4 minutes ago, tube82 said:

I used to see the series poster. Maybe previously episodes only had thumbnails and for poster the series poster was used?

When I check in Emby server, episodes only have one image (called Primary), which is a screenshot. Like this:
image.png.0bb0be2095c86f4d2f04baa11b3fa73b.png

I'll try and report back.

That's fine. Primary only on Emby server is fine, but for Kodi is convenient to have both. Therefore the primary is set to "poster" and "thumbnail" if no thumbnail is native available on Emby server. Check it, even if you have only a primary on Emby, Kodi should show both (actually same image), it's just tagged as both.

Edited by quickmic
  • Like 1

tube82
Just now, quickmic said:

That's fine. Primary only on Emby server is fine, but for Kodi is convenient to have both. Therefore the primary is set to "poster" and "thumbnail" is no thumbnail is native available on Emby server. Check it, even if you have only a primary on Emby, Kodi should show both (actually same image), it's just tagged as both.

If a 16:9 image (the same as the thumb) exists as the episodes "poster" it makes sense that it is used in a cropped (or stretched) form if a widget is set to use poster of that episode, doesn't it?

I would assume that in older versions the image didn't exist as poster for episodes and thus the series poster was used as fallback.

quickmic
19 minutes ago, tube82 said:

If a 16:9 image (the same as the thumb) exists as the episodes "poster" it makes sense that it is used in a cropped (or stretched) form if a widget is set to use poster of that episode, doesn't it?

Yep, makes sense to me, I'll check that. Not sure how it was handled in the past but there were some issues which could lead to different artworks.

Not sure what is preferred by most people.

• Like 1

SwanStream

Good work on the new(ish) emby-next-gen.

Got a few issues that keep cropping up with the DB getting messed up and having to blow it up and start over. In my attempts I've noticed I have three of the same emby servers listed in the select main server box (see attached). Not sure if is the right place for the question, but anybody know why/how to not have three of the one server listed?

emby.png

quickmic
10 minutes ago, SwanStream said:

Good work on the new(ish) emby-next-gen.

Got a few issues that keep cropping up with the DB getting messed up and having to blow it up and start over. In my attempts I've noticed I have three of the same emby servers listed in the select main server box (see attached). Not sure if is the right place for the question, but anybody know why/how to not have three of the one server listed?

emby.png

Thanks, there are still some glitches I'm working on, but back to the actual issue.

Did this happen in previous versions as well? I never seen this, sometimes (when multiple servers are involved), some of them might not listed due to timing issues, but seems you have one server listed triple.

If it was wrong in previous versions, maybe an older problem. Otherwise I've to check what's going wrong here.

Probably you can send me a kodi.log.

Edited by quickmic

SwanStream

Honestly I've been using it for so many years I don't remember how far back it goes, but I "think" its a 19 issue, don't remember if I saw it on the old emby for kodi build. And I'm not even sure if it's a Kodi problem... If it helps the Emby server is a synology box, there is only the one. I get a lot of issues with the DB blowing up, especially if I ask to mark something as watched etc while its' updating, but I believe someone is aware of that issue so no desire to beat on it... I have not posted it myself.

But I do appreciate your work moving this along with the times! I use it every day. Here's the log

kodi.log

• Thanks 1

quickmic
8 minutes ago, SwanStream said:

Honestly I've been using it for so many years I don't remember how far back it goes, but I "think" its a 19 issue, don't remember if I saw it on the old emby for kodi build. And I'm not even sure if it's a Kodi problem... If it helps the Emby server is a synology box, there is only the one. I get a lot of issues with the DB blowing up, especially if I ask to mark something as watched etc while its' updating, but I believe someone is aware of that issue so no desire to beat on it... I have not posted it myself.

But I do appreciate your work moving this along with the times! I use it every day. Here's the log

kodi.log 4.39 MB · 0 downloads

Thanks for the log, I've to investigate but shouldn't have anything to do with Kodi 19. Must me a plugin issue or network issue. I can see, the server detection is already wrong (on low level):

2021-10-03 13:05:52.729 T:4288     INFO <general>: INFO: EMBY.core.connection_manager: Found Servers: [{'Address': 'http://192.168.86.39:8096', 'Id': 'f26e414103e34b098323b6f52474935a', 'Name': 'SwanStreamer'}, {'Address': 'http://192.168.86.39:8096', 'Id': 'f26e414103e34b098323b6f52474935a', 'Name': 'SwanStreamer'}, {'Address': 'http://192.168.86.39:8096', 'Id': 'f26e414103e34b098323b6f52474935a', 'Name': 'SwanStreamer'}, {'Address': 'http://192.168.86.39:8096', 'Id': 'f26e414103e34b098323b6f52474935a', 'Name': 'SwanStreamer'}]
2021-10-03 13:05:52.730 T:4288     INFO <general>: INFO: EMBY.core.connection_manager: Begin connectToServers, with 4 servers

Also I see in your log a double login to the Emby server, which is not a big issue but still wrong.

Another user also reported a double login as well, but after completely wiped Kodi and started from scratch it disappeared. Maybe I'll find the problem... I'll check.

Edited by quickmic

SwanStream

Might have something to do with ID's used to log in with... each creating a new instance of the server?? I have no idea, but it is possible I've used 3 Ids to log into Emby with from Kodi. Again I don't know what I'm talking about but maybe helpful.

quickmic
6 minutes ago, SwanStream said:

Might have something to do with ID's used to log in with... each creating a new instance of the server?? I have no idea, but it is possible I've used 3 Ids to log into Emby with from Kodi. Again I don't know what I'm talking about but maybe helpful.

Not sure yet, there a several options which could cause the issue.

I could write a workaround but that's not my style. I have to think about it and come back to you, can take a while. That's not an easy one 🙄

Edited by quickmic