Emby next gen

quickmic

wakeboarder141
5 hours ago, quickmic said:

sideload from here:

https://kodi.emby.tv/Public testing/plugin.video.emby-next-gen-6.0.3-build 151 (ex23).zip

or in Kodi (install from zip) -> filebrowser -> kodi.emby.media -> public testing -> latest version

The experimental version doesn't seem to have fixed any of my problems.  I am still missing episodes of shows that cover multiple folders.  I am also still having problem with Dolby Vision playback.  The video and/or audio flickers in and out.

quickmic
10 hours ago, wakeboarder141 said:

The experimental version doesn't seem to have fixed any of my problems.  I am still missing episodes of shows that cover multiple folders. 

Can you please send me a kodi.log of the sync process.

I am also still having problem with Dolby Vision playback.  The video and/or audio flickers in and out.

hmm, not sure if this issue is related to next-gen plugin. I try to find a Dolby vision content file for a test.

• 2 weeks later...
jonomite

Hello @quickmic!

Recently upgraded from 5.3.4 to the latest experimental version. I did a full database reset. All seems to be working well. The only minor issue I'm currently experiencing is that, after a period of time streaming content, my Emby dashboard no longer reports that the content is being streamed (although it is). I can see the media there initially, but the dashboard just stops reporting it at some point, as best I can tell. Oddly, this doesn't seem to affect the server saving my resume position.  

quickmic
1 hour ago, jonomite said:

Hello @quickmic!

Recently upgraded from 5.3.4 to the latest experimental version. I did a full database reset. All seems to be working well. The only minor issue I'm currently experiencing is that, after a period of time streaming content, my Emby dashboard no longer reports that the content is being streamed (although it is). I can see the media there initially, but the dashboard just stops reporting it at some point, as best I can tell. Oddly, this doesn't seem to affect the server saving my resume position.  

Please send me a log when this happens.

Are you using native or addon mode?

jonomite

Sure, I'll try to get you a log later today. I'm using native mode - I like having chapter thumbnails and using the Extras add-on for special features, and it's my understanding that neither of those would work in addon mode. 

quickmic
15 hours ago, jonomite said:

Sure, I'll try to get you a log later today. I'm using native mode - I like having chapter thumbnails and using the Extras add-on for special features, and it's my understanding that neither of those would work in addon mode. 

I investigated how the extras add-on works. Unfortunately, it needs native pathes, yes (no workaround possible 😞 ).

Probably I can adopt the extras functions in next-gen addon context menu.

Edited by quickmic

quickmic
On 8/23/2021 at 3:47 PM, jonomite said:

Extras (added directly to next-gen plugin) will be added in next experimental version, chapter thumbnails not possible 😞

Edited by quickmic

jonomite

Hmm. The method to post a log seems to have changed since the last time I submitted one. How does one access it now?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,in the newest beta version (6.0.5-build 122 (ex9)) strm files doesn't work anymore. You always get the Error "File doesn't exist anymore".

The problem is that in the table files the strFileName only shows ?url=example and not  plugin://plugin.video.example/?url=example so kodi doesn't find the data anymore.

If i replace the lines

Filename = obj['FullPath'].rsplit('\\', 1)[1] if '\\' in obj['FullPath'] else obj['FullPath'].rsplit('/', 1)[1]
            Filename = self.EmbyServer.Utils.StringDecode(Filename)

to 

Filename = obj['FullPath' 

. It works again.

Greetings Nerto

• Thanks 1

quickmic
7 minutes ago, Nerto said:

Hi,in the newest beta version (6.0.5-build 122 (ex9)) strm files doesn't work anymore. You always get the Error "File doesn't exist anymore".

The problem is that in the table files the strFileName only shows ?url=example and not  plugin://plugin.video.example/?url=example so kodi doesn't find the data anymore.

If i replace the lines

Filename = obj['FullPath'].rsplit('\\', 1)[1] if '\\' in obj['FullPath'] else obj['FullPath'].rsplit('/', 1)[1]

to 

. It works again.

Greetings Nerto

Thanks, will check it.

quickmic
4 hours ago, Nerto said:

If i replace the lines

to 

. It works again.

Greetings Nerto

Can you please perform a test with this code:

same file as you modified common.py, same function: get_filename

rollback your modifications (even if this works for you, it breaks native content) and try this:

replace:

if Temp.startswith("plugin://"):
            ForceNativeMode = True
        elif Temp.endswith(".bdmv"):
            ForceNativeMode = True

with:

return obj['FullPath']
            ForceNativeMode = True

I have no testcase for plugin content. Thanks

9 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Can you please perform a test with this code:

same file as you modified common.py, same function: get_filename

rollback your modifications (even if this works for you, it breaks native content) and try this:

replace:

ForceNativeMode = True
            ForceNativeMode = True

with:

return obj['FullPath']
            ForceNativeMode = True

I have no testcase for plugin content. Thanks

I'm still at work right now. I will test it later.

Sorry my change was only meant as a tip not as a fix.

• Like 1

quickmic
Just now, Nerto said:

I'm still at work right now. I will test it later.

Sorry my change was only meant as a tip not as a fix.

Yes, and much appreciated! I like bug reports with possible solutions included 👌

Meanwhile I uploaded a new experimental version with the modification. I hope it fixes the plugin issue.

On 9/7/2021 at 4:09 PM, quickmic said:

Yes, and much appreciated! I like bug reports with possible solutions included 👌

Meanwhile I uploaded a new experimental version with the modification. I hope it fixes the plugin issue.

With the new Version plugin.video.emby-next-gen-6.0.6-build 45 (ex6).zip strms are working again.

Many Thanks

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, this might be a stupid question but I couldn't find a way to do it.

How can I change a user after selecting it for the first time according to the current viewer?

Thanks

I was just watching a movie which played fine for well over an hour but when I paused for a few minutes and returned to playback, it played for a few seconds and then froze. When I tried to 'stop' the video, Kodi seemed to freeze entirely. This is what I got from the log. Is there anything to gather from this? Running Kodi 19 with 5.3.4

quickmic
6 hours ago, Kocane said:

I was just watching a movie which played fine for well over an hour but when I paused for a few minutes and returned to playback, it played for a few seconds and then froze. When I tried to 'stop' the video, Kodi seemed to freeze entirely. This is what I got from the log. Is there anything to gather from this? Running Kodi 19 with 5.3.4

Could be a Kodi problem, this this a one time only issue for all videos?

On 9/20/2021 at 7:03 AM, quickmic said:

Could be a Kodi problem, this this a one time only issue for all videos?

It probably is. I'll see if it happens again. Thanks

• Like 1

Hi there,

I have a little problem.
Every time I play a file with latest 5.3.3 Version on Kodi (series or movie) with Addon, after playing is complete Kodi crashes.

Do you have any suggestions / is this a known bug or do you need a log?

Thanks!

quickmic
12 minutes ago, Junias said:

Hi there,

I have a little problem.
Every time I play a file with latest 5.3.3 Version on Kodi (series or movie) with Addon, after playing is complete Kodi crashes.

Do you have any suggestions / is this a known bug or do you need a log?

Thanks!

You can try latest experimental version: https://kodi.emby.tv/Public testing/plugin.video.emby-next-gen-6.0.10-build 47 (ex5).zip

It requires a full database rsync!

And yes, please send me a kodi log.

quickmic

New beta version available:

BETA VERSION 6.0.12:
https://github.com/MediaBrowser/plugin.video.emby/releases/tag/6.0.12

Download link for manual update:
https://github.com/MediaBrowser/plugin.video.emby/archive/refs/tags/6.0.12.zip

(also available via Emby-Kodi beta repository). This version requires a full database resync!

quickmic
54 minutes ago, RaptorCentauri said:

The multi select for native mode seems to not be working anymore. Was this feature removed?

Looks like a bug, I'll check it.

quickmic
1 hour ago, RaptorCentauri said:

The multi select for native mode seems to not be working anymore. Was this feature removed?

Works fine here, please double check and send me a kodi.log

Maybe I find something.

I think I found the problem. Will be fixed in next beta

Edited by quickmic