Emby next gen

quickmic

kevylluma

Good morning.

Uninstalled version 5.1.17 and installed version 5.3.2, I can't see the movie and series listings either, I must be doing something wrong.

It connects me to my NAS, it synchronizes all the movies and series of all the libraries, but I do not see the list and therefore I cannot put access in my main menu.

Any idea where I can get the error?

Greetings.

quickmic
On 6/11/2021 at 6:25 AM, kevylluma said:

Good morning.

Uninstalled version 5.1.17 and installed version 5.3.2, I can't see the movie and series listings either, I must be doing something wrong.

It connects me to my NAS, it synchronizes all the movies and series of all the libraries, but I do not see the list and therefore I cannot put access in my main menu.

Any idea where I can get the error?

Greetings.

Arctic mainmenu

Arctic submenu

• Like 1

kevylluma

FANTASTIIIICCCCCCCC!!!!

Just one last question.

I have a collection in EMBY that are 3 different folders, is it possible in KODI to create 3 entries in a submenu and that each link to one of those 3 folders, within the same collection?

Or is it only possible if in EMBY I separate the folders by collections?

Thanks a million again.

quickmic
On 6/15/2021 at 5:38 PM, kevylluma said:

FANTASTIIIICCCCCCCC!!!!

Just one last question.

I have a collection in EMBY that are 3 different folders, is it possible in KODI to create 3 entries in a submenu and that each link to one of those 3 folders, within the same collection?

Or is it only possible if in EMBY I separate the folders by collections?

Thanks a million again.

Not sure, but I'll try it.  I keep you updated

• Like 1

Mister D
On 6/9/2021 at 1:04 AM, quickmic said:

Well, I'll check that. I have an idea, why it's not syncing 😉

Hey, any update on what you found looking into this? I've reset my database and started from scratch several times and it still refuses to sync after the initial library import.

• Like 1

quickmic
8 hours ago, Mister D said:

Hey, any update on what you found looking into this? I've reset my database and started from scratch several times and it still refuses to sync after the initial library import.

Please try 5.3.4 from here:

If sync is still broken, please send me kodi.log file

Edited by quickmic

FingerlessGlovs
15 hours ago, quickmic said:

Please try 5.3.4 from here:

If sync is still broken, please send me kodi.log file

5.3.4 fixed my syncing issue too, I even fully reset my local Kodi database trying to fix it 😅

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
wakeboarder141

Are we still having problems with TV shows in multiple folders?  I did a local database reset after the latest update, and it fixed some of my shows, but I have others that still aren't showing up correctly.  For example, I have my TV shows in 2 separate folders for 1080p and 4k.  I have season 1 of Jupiter's Legacy in both 1080p and 4k folders, but the only episode that shows up is a watched episode 1 in 1080p.  None of the others are showing.  I'm not sure how many shows this affects yet.

quickmic
1 hour ago, wakeboarder141 said:

Are we still having problems with TV shows in multiple folders?  I did a local database reset after the latest update, and it fixed some of my shows, but I have others that still aren't showing up correctly.  For example, I have my TV shows in 2 separate folders for 1080p and 4k.  I have season 1 of Jupiter's Legacy in both 1080p and 4k folders, but the only episode that shows up is a watched episode 1 in 1080p.  None of the others are showing.  I'm not sure how many shows this affects yet.

Does Emby server detect your TV show namings as a multiversion of the same episode/Show? I used filename extensions in the same folders for my tests .

Edited by quickmic

wakeboarder141
33 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Does Emby server detect your TV show namings as a multiversion of the same episode/Show? I used filename extensions in the same folders for my tests .

I'm not sure.  How would I test that?  Do you mean if I am using the Emby app instead of Emby Next Gen? If so, yes I do see all of the episodes, and they have multiple versions there.  Just not in Kodi. 

quickmic
58 minutes ago, wakeboarder141 said:

I'm not sure.  How would I test that?  Do you mean if I am using the Emby app instead of Emby Next Gen? If so, yes I do see all of the episodes, and they have multiple versions there.  Just not in Kodi. 

You can test it via WebUI.

multiversion.jpg

Edited by quickmic

wakeboarder141
8 hours ago, quickmic said:

You can test it via WebUI.

Sorry, I thought it was something I needed to do in Kodi.  Yes, if I bring it up in Emby it does show both versions on each episode.

quickmic
1 hour ago, wakeboarder141 said:

Sorry, I thought it was something I needed to do in Kodi.  Yes, if I bring it up in Emby it does show both versions on each episode.

are you using native mode?

quickmic
1 minute ago, wakeboarder141 said:

No, I am using Addon mode.

Ok, i'll perform a test with you setup. Can you please drop a screenshot of your folderstructure.

wakeboarder141
4 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Ok, i'll perform a test with you setup. Can you please drop a screenshot of your folderstructure.

screen.thumb.png.fc4b6dc20c8943a4b6d4c65affc246a7.png

Untitled.thumb.png.4d3c1ba8bd91f39a18e45749394d9784.png

wakeboarder141
On 7/22/2021 at 10:11 AM, quickmic said:

Did that screen shot give you the info you needed to test?

quickmic

I had no time to perform a test yet. Probably can you also drop a complete path for a multivideo.

e.g.

/mnt/storage2/movies/A/Avatar (2009)/Avatar (2009) - 2d.mkv

/mnt/storage2/movies/A/Avatar (2009)/Avatar (2009) - 3d.hsbs.mkv

wakeboarder141
6 hours ago, quickmic said:

I had no time to perform a test yet. Probably can you also drop a complete path for a multivideo.

Y:\TV Shows\TV\Jupiter's Legacy\Jupiters.Legacy.S01E01.mkv

Y:\TV Shows\4K TV\Jupiter's Legacy\Jupiters.Legacy.2160p.S01E01.mkv

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
NakedPirate

I'm a new user to emby next-gen. Installed it on Kodi/Android...nothing happens.
The old Emby for Kodi just asked and replaced the Kodi database - working great.
With Next-Gen I only see the empty Movie or Show windows, if i update the Kodi library nothing happens (no paths or media sources in Kodi, because I want the emby library).
I chose "the addon method" as always
With Ebruary Skin, I can access emby, but with every other skin I see nothing.

What do I have to do to get the behaviour of the old emby plugin. Can't nextgen replace or add the Kodi library?

Thanks very much.

• Like 1

quickmic
1 hour ago, NakedPirate said:

I'm a new user to emby next-gen. Installed it on Kodi/Android...nothing happens.
The old Emby for Kodi just asked and replaced the Kodi database - working great.
With Next-Gen I only see the empty Movie or Show windows, if i update the Kodi library nothing happens (no paths or media sources in Kodi, because I want the emby library).
I chose "the addon method" as always
With Ebruary Skin, I can access emby, but with every other skin I see nothing.

What do I have to do to get the behaviour of the old emby plugin. Can't nextgen replace or add the Kodi library?

Thanks very much.

I'm working on a fix for distributed content over multiple folders. This could probably solves wakeboarder141 issue too.

His example showed distributed content AND multi version. I'm not that far with my tests.

Edited by quickmic
  • Like 2

quickmic
On 8/6/2021 at 6:11 PM, quickmic said:

I'm working on a fix for distributed content over multiple folders. This could probably solves wakeboarder141 issue too.

His example showed distributed content AND multi version. I'm not that far with my tests.

@all with the "distributed content over multiple folders" issue. Please try latest experimental version, I think it's fixed (requires complete db resync)

Edited by quickmic
  • Like 1

wakeboarder141
23 hours ago, quickmic said:

@all with the "distributed content over multiple folders" issue. Please try latest experimental version, I think it's fixed (requires complete db resync)

How do I find the experimental versions on android TV?