Emby next gen

quickmic

Nalcoooo
On 4/10/2021 at 12:37 PM, quickmic said:

Confirmed, only on TV-Shows. I'll fix it on next update.

Thank you so much!

5207 fixed my multiple media source problem.

Thank you!

• Like 1

altramarine

Hi!

After many years of running Kodi 17.6 skin I decided to wipe clean and try Kodi 19 with emby-next-gen.

Question (IF RELATED): Do any skins support the "Smart" shortcuts under emby-next-gen that were present with the Titan skin?

Thanks!

misterkoat

I've been having a very bad week with Emby or Emby-next-gen. It started with Emby breaking on Android tv. No matter what I did, the addon couldn't find the server in the LAN. The same problem replicated on my windows PC set up, which also hosts the server. It can't the server and if I try to add it manually (127.0.0.1 the easiest server to connect to) it couldn't.

I decided to test Next-gen on Tv and I was belated when it could find the server easily all I had to do was enter the pin to login. Library sync. I decided to use Direct Paths on the TV because the Tv has low RAM so it takes forever to load something simple like a song when playing on addon mode. The process worked great for movies and shows, or so I thought. When I went to browse the library, Kodi showed 0 movies with the skin broken and the menu for shows had completely dissappeared despite a succesfull sync. I didn't sync music because the addon can't seem to find the network paths in Emby and Shared Paths in Kodi, despite them being there and working for movies shows.

As I type this, the addon is processing updates, which will never show up.

Latest log on the server Machine.

kodi.log

Edited by misterkoat
Add log

misterkoat
Just now, misterkoat said:

I've been having a very bad week with Emby or Emby-next-gen. It started with Emby breaking on Android tv. No matter what I did, the addon couldn't find the server in the LAN. The same problem replicated on my windows PC set up, which also hosts the server. It can't the server and if I try to add it manually (127.0.0.1 the easiest server to connect to) it couldn't.

I decided to test Next-gen on Tv and I was belated when it could find the server easily all I had to do was enter the pin to login. Library sync. I decided to use Direct Paths on the TV because the Tv has low RAM so it takes forever to load something simple like a song when playing on addon mode. The process worked great for movies and shows, or so I thought. When I went to browse the library, Kodi showed 0 movies with the skin broken and the menu for shows had completely dissappeared despite a succesfull sync. I didn't sync music because the addon can't seem to find the network paths in Emby and Shared Paths in Kodi, despite them being there and working for movies shows.

Below is an excerpt of the log entries that are created when I start Kodi on the local machine and "Emby Error" shows up as a notification.

2021-04-18 17:24:31.099 T:13556   ERROR: CCurlFile::Stat - Failed: Couldn't connect to server(7) for http://127.0.0.1:8096/emby/Items/131141/Images/Primary/0?EnableImageEnhancers=True&Tag=379c4b6ee88aed57a5c4b882ea9f1a8e
2021-04-18 17:24:31.099 T:13556   ERROR: CImageLoader::DoWork - Direct texture file loading failed for special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/5/5f7dc53c.jpg
2021-04-18 17:24:31.102 T:15260   ERROR: CCurlFile::Stat - Failed: Couldn't connect to server(7) for http://127.0.0.1:8096/emby/Items/137745/Images/Primary/0?EnableImageEnhancers=True&Tag=2db3c2fcb548808ce456dde104d59ee4
2021-04-18 17:24:31.102 T:15260   ERROR: CImageLoader::DoWork - Direct texture file loading failed for special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/c/c604e32d.jpg
2021-04-18 17:24:31.102 T:13556   ERROR: CImageLoader::DoWork - Direct texture file loading failed for special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/2/29fddc27.jpg
2021-04-18 17:24:31.107 T:3052   ERROR: CCurlFile::Stat - Failed: Couldn't connect to server(7) for http://127.0.0.1:8096/emby/Items/133493/Images/Primary/0?EnableImageEnhancers=True&Tag=609d5df021602b6f4a47be7852db8c2c
2021-04-18 17:24:31.107 T:3052   ERROR: CImageLoader::DoWork - Direct texture file loading failed for special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/b/be1c31d8.jpg
2021-04-18 17:24:31.107 T:13556   ERROR: CImageLoader::DoWork - Direct texture file loading failed for special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/0/06f6604f.jpg
2021-04-18 17:24:35.514 T:11632   ERROR: CCurlFile::Stat - Failed: Couldn't connect to server(7) for http://127.0.0.1:8096/emby/Items/42496/Images/Primary/0?EnableImageEnhancers=True&Tag=3667c2c2ccb28cb7a5d2d8f5783d1cbd
2021-04-18 17:24:35.514 T:11632   ERROR: CImageLoader::DoWork - Direct texture file loading failed for special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/a/aa38edcd.jpg
2021-04-18 17:24:53.311 T:15260   ERROR: CCurlFile::Stat - Failed: Couldn't connect to server(7) for http://127.0.0.1:8096/emby/Items/131141/Images/Primary/0?EnableImageEnhancers=True&Tag=379c4b6ee88aed57a5c4b882ea9f1a8e
2021-04-18 17:24:53.311 T:15260   ERROR: CImageLoader::DoWork - Direct texture file loading failed for special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/1/144d2a7e.jpg
2021-04-18 17:24:53.314 T:3052   ERROR: CCurlFile::Stat - Failed: Couldn't connect to server(7) for http://127.0.0.1:8096/emby/Items/134740/Images/Primary/0?EnableImageEnhancers=True&Tag=63e7f62abb7a3f18dfbcc0d04cf345b7
2021-04-18 17:24:53.314 T:3052   ERROR: CImageLoader::DoWork - Direct texture file loading failed for special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/6/6cd624c5.jpg
2021-04-18 17:24:53.315 T:13556   ERROR: CCurlFile::Stat - Failed: Couldn't connect to server(7) for http://127.0.0.1:8096/emby/Items/138448/Images/Primary/0?EnableImageEnhancers=True&Tag=a45fd67a5d1cb8aaf1bb4ebc0ba7d114
2021-04-18 17:24:53.316 T:13556   ERROR: CImageLoader::DoWork - Direct texture file loading failed for special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/7/757d345f.jpg

As I type this, the addon is processing updates, which will never show up.

I'm left on Kodi !8.9 because of Titan Bingie skin which doesn't work on Matrix.

quickmic
7 hours ago, misterkoat said:

I'm left on Kodi !8.9 because of Titan Bingie skin which doesn't work on Matrix.

You are using the older 4.x version.

Please try this version:

https://embydata.com/downloads/addons/xbmb3c/repo-install/Public testing/plugin.video.emby-next-gen-5.2.07-build 55 (ex11).zip

As you are using Kodi 18.X, you must sideload the plugin/manual install via zip file.

If you give it a shot, it requires a FULL DB REBUILD of Kodi-db.

Also you can use the 5.1.7 version from emby-Kodi stable repository, but it has some limitations.

Edited by quickmic

Glyde62

Any idea when the option to delete after playback will be happening?

Probably only thing stopping me moving my main Kodi machine to 19

quickmic

It's on the list, not sure if it will be already added in the next version.

• Like 1

Handaloo

Loving Next Gen, especially after the Matrix update. 

Does anyone else have issues with it updating in the Kodi client? 

I'm finding that left alone, it doesn't update as it did before with the Kodi add on, however, if I disable the add-on then re-enable it updates straight away. 

Any help would be appreciated 

BaukeZwart

@Handaloo I had that happen to me fort the first time last week on one of my Kodi installs.
I have 3 Kodi installs, 2 are connected wired and one (Fire TV) is connected via WiFi. Last week I updated the firmware on all my WiFi AP's (Deco M9plus) so the WiFi network was down for about 5 minutes. When I checked Kodi on that Fire TV a few days later I noticed the DB hadn't updated since the WiFi was updated.
I had to restart Kodi to get it synced again.
It looks as if when the connection is lost it E4K won't login in again when the connection comes back.

Edited by BaukeZwart

Handaloo

Thanks for the feedback @BaukeZwart - Ended up doing some testing on a fresh K19 install on a Firestick (Issue I'm having is on a Chromecast Google TV) 

Looks like the solution for me was to switch from Native to Addon - I'd always gone native before. But Addon seems to work great and updates relatively quickly. So all good :)

SeanXie

Hi quickmic,I’ve tried last Emby-next-gen on both kodi19 and 18.9 on TV(wipe install) and I can’t found any other subtitles(Chinese with ass or srt formats)but the only one  “English” from the CC menu,even the others can shows on EmbyCon and Old Emby. 
How can we workaround with it?

hi guys. Is anyone having a problem with TV Specials (ie. Season 0 or Season 00) showing up in Kodi correctly? I'm finding that they do correctly show in Kodi under Specials, however they are also showing, seemingly randomly, in various season as well. For a show with hundreds of extras, it makes it almost impossible to find the actual episodes b/c all the specials are mixed in.

Edited by spon

misterkoat

I'm loving next-gen. It seems much more "cleaner" and sync is almost seamless. I however have a couple issues.

1. I created a music widget directly from Emby next-gen while previously I  had to go through skin helper service widgets to get certain widgets (thanks btw for giving many option s in the addon so as to pick widgets directly). However when I start playback from the widgets, tags don't show up in the OSD and so we have something like this

screenshot002.thumb.png.0b5e29d5c93ab93845c01165aa63e1eb.png

Instead of

screenshot001.thumb.png.d613ce54cae8d1b0a1b00e69a7f32a9c.png

At times it might show so name starting with "stream...". This wouldn't be a huge problem if last fm addon didn't rely on this information to scrobble. I've tested and verified if the song plays like this, no data is sent. This is huge for me.

2. Crossfade doesn't work anymore. Previously crossfade worked great. Now a song has to end before the next one is streamed. This is a huge one too for me.

3. On less powerful systems a.k.a my TV with 1Gb ram, I use direct paths, it's faster that way (thanks to next-gen again.) It works okay with TV shows and movies but not music. songs play with "cuts" every few beats it should be considered torture to listen to something like that. I tried using addon mode but before a song starts playing, I'm done with my utensils. It takes forever to load and it's in a LAN. If I play on Emby for TV app, the playback is seamless.

Nosepull

I have sporadic connection problems with plugin 5.2.07 (on Ubuntu 21.04, Kodi Matrix, Emby as a Docker container on the same host.).

It happens (not always, but unfortunately too often to ignore it) that Kodi shows up an "EMBY-NEXT-GEN ERROR" after startup. The logs then contain many lines like this:

2021-04-30 19:07:43.136 T:70732   ERROR <general>: CCurlFile::Stat - Failed: Couldn't connect to server(7) for http://127.0.0.1:57578/audio/140683/
2021-04-30 19:07:43.136 T:70732 WARNING <general>: Process directory 'http://127.0.0.1:57578/audio/140683/' does not exist - skipping scan.

This cannot be recovered by restarting the plugin (in fact it looks as if the plugin does not even react to the restart menu entry). Only restarting Kodi as a whole helps. Emby has been up and running before Kodi, so it is not a startup race condition.

• Like 1

quickmic
On 4/29/2021 at 1:25 AM, misterkoat said:

I'm loving next-gen. It seems much more "cleaner" and sync is almost seamless. I however have a couple issues.

1. I created a music widget directly from Emby next-gen while previously I  had to go through skin helper service widgets to get certain widgets (thanks btw for giving many option s in the addon so as to pick widgets directly). However when I start playback from the widgets, tags don't show up in the OSD and so we have something like this

screenshot002.thumb.png.0b5e29d5c93ab93845c01165aa63e1eb.png

Instead of

screenshot001.thumb.png.d613ce54cae8d1b0a1b00e69a7f32a9c.png

At times it might show so name starting with "stream...". This wouldn't be a huge problem if last fm addon didn't rely on this information to scrobble. I've tested and verified if the song plays like this, no data is sent. This is huge for me.

2. Crossfade doesn't work anymore. Previously crossfade worked great. Now a song has to end before the next one is streamed. This is a huge one too for me.

3. On less powerful systems a.k.a my TV with 1Gb ram, I use direct paths, it's faster that way (thanks to next-gen again.) It works okay with TV shows and movies but not music. songs play with "cuts" every few beats it should be considered torture to listen to something like that. I tried using addon mode but before a song starts playing, I'm done with my utensils. It takes forever to load and it's in a LAN. If I play on Emby for TV app, the playback is seamless.

Which next-gen version are you using?

spon
On 4/27/2021 at 5:35 PM, spon said:

hi guys. Is anyone having a problem with TV Specials (ie. Season 0 or Season 00) showing up in Kodi correctly? I'm finding that they do correctly show in Kodi under Specials, however they are also showing, seemingly randomly, in various season as well. For a show with hundreds of extras, it makes it almost impossible to find the actual episodes b/c all the specials are mixed in.

In addition to the question above, I'm wondering is anyone else is having issues with refreshing data in Kodi? It seems like the only way I can get a refresh is to "remove" then "re-add" emby-next-gen, which will immediately trigger the refresh. 

Thanks guys. Really appreciate this plugin. 

quickmic
8 hours ago, spon said:

In addition to the question above, I'm wondering is anyone else is having issues with refreshing data in Kodi? It seems like the only way I can get a refresh is to "remove" then "re-add" emby-next-gen, which will immediately trigger the refresh. 

Thanks guys. Really appreciate this plugin. 

Which version are you using?

spon
7 hours ago, quickmic said:

Which version are you using?

Thanks for the reply! I’m on 5.1.17

• Like 1

quickmic
On 4/30/2021 at 7:19 PM, Nosepull said:

I have sporadic connection problems with plugin 5.2.07 (on Ubuntu 21.04, Kodi Matrix, Emby as a Docker container on the same host.).

It happens (not always, but unfortunately too often to ignore it) that Kodi shows up an "EMBY-NEXT-GEN ERROR" after startup. The logs then contain many lines like this:

2021-04-30 19:07:43.136 T:70732   ERROR <general>: CCurlFile::Stat - Failed: Couldn't connect to server(7) for http://127.0.0.1:57578/audio/140683/
2021-04-30 19:07:43.136 T:70732 WARNING <general>: Process directory 'http://127.0.0.1:57578/audio/140683/' does not exist - skipping scan.

This cannot be recovered by restarting the plugin (in fact it looks as if the plugin does not even react to the restart menu entry). Only restarting Kodi as a whole helps. Emby has been up and running before Kodi, so it is not a startup race condition.

I think it's based on another issue. Can upload a full log and send it to me via PM.

Sysyphus_

Hello,

First things first : thank you all for the amazing work. I know it's a lot of work.

I write this message to bring to your attention a problem I have since I use  Emby NextGen with Kodi Matrix. I seems that EmbyNextGen won't connect every time to mu Emby server on the Kodi launch. It seem to be arbitrary, some time the connexion works, sometime not. I send a lot of time to discover why, looking at logs, starting a new fresh Kodi install, disabling all firewall, but I don't have any clue of what happening... It took me a while for me to realize the problem because Kodi works fine, but all my medias watched been randomly synchronized to Emby Server.

You will found attached two logs. One with Kodi starting and Emby NexGen who don't connect. I another with the an ok startup.

I hope you can help me, I'm an professional IT so you can ask me technical things if it's can help you.

Thank you in advance

kodi.embyok.log kodi.embyerror.log

quickmic
On 4/9/2021 at 5:22 PM, Nosepull said:

It might be that this is Emby related. I just noticed that the Jellyfin plugin for Mopidy shows the same behaviour:

My music library consists of several paths, so yes, you can browse the library by those different paths. In the next step you can select the artist. In this step you only see the artists contained in this specific path. But as soon as you select an artist, and the artist is contained in both paths, e.g. "Various artists", in the next step you can see artists from the whole library, not only from the path you started the navigation. This is about the same behaviour I noticed in the emby-next-gen plugin.

The *.strm-files I like to play look like this:

https://stream.rockantenne.de/rockantenne/stream/mp3

I check the issue. Problem is, if the "song" has no Artist info on Emby server, it doesn't sync correctly.

Possible solution, add an Artist or I can label it as "unknown". Frankly I prefer no injecting fake data.

Nosepull
50 minutes ago, quickmic said:

I check the issue. Problem is, if the "song" has no Artist info on Emby server, it doesn't sync correctly.

Possible solution, add an Artist or I can label it as "unknown". Frankly I prefer no injecting fake data.

Yeah, for my internet radio streams I indeed solved the issue by giving the streams the fake artist "Radio". For my usecase this is a viable workaround.

However, IMHO it is not good that the plugin fails more or less silently in such cases. Wouldn't it be possible to give those missing artists an obviously false fake artist like "NOARTIST" or something like that, sticking out in Kodi. Then it's up to the user to fix the metadata.

• Like 1

quickmic
3 minutes ago, Nosepull said:

Yeah, for my internet radio streams I indeed solved the issue by giving the streams the fake artist "Radio". For my usecase this is a viable workaround.

However, IMHO it is not good that the plugin fails more or less silently in such cases. Wouldn't it be possible to give those missing artists an obviously false fake artist like "NOARTIST" or something like that, sticking out in Kodi. Then it's up to the user to fix the metadata.

Yes possible, but not nice. I think about it.

Nosepull
Just now, quickmic said:

Yes possible, but not nice. I think about it.

As far as I'm concerned, I dislike such kind of "silent partial failure". That only leads to frustration :-/.

There should be some feedback to the user if contents of the library cannot be synced. IMHO injecting obviously false data in those cases is a legitimate solution, as the user is effectively reminded to get his/her Emby library in shape. And as soon as this is done, the next sync will get rid of the fake entries.

• Like 1