Emby next gen

quickmic

quickmic
1 hour ago, Nosepull said:

Short question: Does it currently (Emby Matrix) still happen that a cleanup of the Kodi library removes the Emby entries? 

Yes, and there is nothing wrong with. It sounded like you think that's an issue.

quickmic
14 hours ago, Nosepull said:

The *.strm-files I like to play look like this:

https://stream.rockantenne.de/rockantenne/stream/mp3

And this content is not playable via Emby-Server (WebUI)?

Nalcoooo

Running Kodi 19  on Win 10. Using the latest Emby Server on a networked machine also running windows.

I have a weird problem using both versions, 5205, and 5206.

If I update the library, or repair the library It adds a new media source to select from. I used to be able to to just click the episode I wanted to watch, but I am presented with a new screen where it asks me to select a media source. I only have one copy of each episode, so I am not sure whats up. Chances are its something I have done wrong, but I cant figure it out.

I also tried removing all video sources and re adding them, and then I am still presented with two options. Then an update will add three and so on.

All of these sources are pointing to the same single episode.

Any ideas?

Kodi.png

quickmic

Some other users reported that as well, but they could never provide me with a test case. Are you saying, this happens on update or repair library? Is this reproducible?

BaukeZwart

I have a suspicion it happens sometimes afther a db repair. A local db reset doesn't seem. To cause this. But again it's a suspicion based on my findings. Unfortunately it doesn't happen every time when doing a repair. 

Nalcoooo

Its a very strange problem. Is it reproducible, yes, in a way.

Right after I read your message, I manually updated my library, and went back to the show. It did not prompt me to choose a media source. I then closed Kodi, opened it back up and then I had two sources to choose from.

I did a repair, and I had three sources, I did another repair, and I had four sources. I did yet another repair, and I was back to two sources.

*Shrugs*

The show plays fine no matter what source I use.

I initially noticed this after manually updating my library, but now that I see it being fine and then two sources after the restart, I am not convinced an update is doing this. A repair is definitely doing this though.

I also want to add that while the Killing Eve was not prompting me that one time, other shows were still showing up to four  nine sources.

Its very random.

Kodi2.png

Edited by Nalcoooo
  • Like 1

Nosepull
12 hours ago, quickmic said:

And this content is not playable via Emby-Server (WebUI)?

It plays fine in Emby server's WebUI or e.g. the Android App. It does not play in Kodi via the plugin. It's not even displayed in the directory listing.

quickmic
5 minutes ago, Nosepull said:

It plays fine in Emby server's WebUI or e.g. the Android App. It does not play in Kodi via the plugin. It's not even displayed in the directory listing.

Thanks, I'll perform a test and come back to you. What type of Emby library have you used? Is it a music library?

quickmic
9 hours ago, Nalcoooo said:

Its a very strange problem. Is it reproducible, yes, in a way.

Right after I read your message, I manually updated my library, and went back to the show. It did not prompt me to choose a media source. I then closed Kodi, opened it back up and then I had two sources to choose from.

I did a repair, and I had three sources, I did another repair, and I had four sources. I did yet another repair, and I was back to two sources.

*Shrugs*

The show plays fine no matter what source I use.

I initially noticed this after manually updating my library, but now that I see it being fine and then two sources after the restart, I am not convinced an update is doing this. A repair is definitely doing this though.

I also want to add that while the Killing Eve was not prompting me that one time, other shows were still showing up to four  nine sources.

Its very random.

Kodi2.png

I've tested with movies, not reproducible. I perform a couple more tests with TV Shows...

BaukeZwart
8 minutes ago, quickmic said:

I've tested with movies, not reproducible. I perform a couple more tests with TV Shows...

I have seen this issue only with TV Shows. 

• Like 1

quickmic
18 minutes ago, BaukeZwart said:

I have seen this issue only with TV Shows. 

Confirmed, only on TV-Shows. I'll fix it on next update.

• Thanks 1

Hi,

currently emby-next-gen (v5.2.06) is not working on my Kodi 18.9 on Windows 10.

I'm getting this error in the kodi log:

2021-04-10 22:07:59.313 T:4116   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnicodeDecodeError'>
                                            Error Contents: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 43: ordinal not in range(128)
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\XYZ\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby-next-gen\service.py", line 125, in <module>
                                                serviceOBJ.ServerConnect()
                                              File "C:\Users\XYZ\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby-next-gen\service.py", line 48, in ServerConnect
                                                self.Monitor.LibraryLoad(server_id)
                                              File "C:\Users\XYZ\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby-next-gen\hooks\monitor.py", line 150, in LibraryLoad
                                                self.library[server_id] = database.library.Library(self.player, self.EmbyServer[server_id])
                                              File "C:\Users\XYZ\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby-next-gen\database\library.py", line 59, in __init__
                                                self.Views.get_nodes()
                                              File "C:\Users\XYZ\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby-next-gen\emby\views.py", line 281, in get_nodes
                                                self.window_nodes()
                                              File "C:\Users\XYZ\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby-next-gen\emby\views.py", line 953, in window_nodes
                                                self.window_wnode(windex, view, *node)
                                              File "C:\Users\XYZ\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby-next-gen\emby\views.py", line 1064, in window_wnode
                                                self.LOG.debug("--[ wnode/%s/%s ] %s" % (index, self.EmbyServer.Utils.window('%s.title' % window_prop), self.EmbyServer.Utils.window('%s.artwork' % window_prop)))
                                              File "C:\Users\XYZ\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby-next-gen\helper\loghandler.py", line 15, in debug
                                                xbmc.log(msg.encode('utf-8'), xbmc.LOGDEBUG)
                                            UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 43: ordinal not in range(128)
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

Edited by peffe
As code

quickmic
14 hours ago, peffe said:

Hi,

currently emby-next-gen (v5.2.06) is not working on my Kodi 18.9 on Windows 10.

I'm getting this error in the kodi log:

2021-04-10 22:07:59.313 T:4116   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnicodeDecodeError'>
                                            Error Contents: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 43: ordinal not in range(128)
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\XYZ\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby-next-gen\service.py", line 125, in <module>
                                                serviceOBJ.ServerConnect()
                                              File "C:\Users\XYZ\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby-next-gen\service.py", line 48, in ServerConnect
                                                self.Monitor.LibraryLoad(server_id)
                                              File "C:\Users\XYZ\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby-next-gen\hooks\monitor.py", line 150, in LibraryLoad
                                                self.library[server_id] = database.library.Library(self.player, self.EmbyServer[server_id])
                                              File "C:\Users\XYZ\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby-next-gen\database\library.py", line 59, in __init__
                                                self.Views.get_nodes()
                                              File "C:\Users\XYZ\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby-next-gen\emby\views.py", line 281, in get_nodes
                                                self.window_nodes()
                                              File "C:\Users\XYZ\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby-next-gen\emby\views.py", line 953, in window_nodes
                                                self.window_wnode(windex, view, *node)
                                              File "C:\Users\XYZ\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby-next-gen\emby\views.py", line 1064, in window_wnode
                                                self.LOG.debug("--[ wnode/%s/%s ] %s" % (index, self.EmbyServer.Utils.window('%s.title' % window_prop), self.EmbyServer.Utils.window('%s.artwork' % window_prop)))
                                              File "C:\Users\XYZ\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby-next-gen\helper\loghandler.py", line 15, in debug
                                                xbmc.log(msg.encode('utf-8'), xbmc.LOGDEBUG)
                                            UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 43: ordinal not in range(128)
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

Sounds like a special character issue. Will be fixed in next version. btw. it's related to Kodi18 only.

Meanwhile you can use the stable version or switch back to https://github.com/MediaBrowser/plugin.video.emby/archive/refs/tags/5.2.05.zip

Edited by quickmic
  • Thanks 1

skank

Ok i just installed next gen on kodi last version of kodi 18

Some movies wont start playing (bdmv format, and even normal mkv)

They dont start

I got rid of the next gen version and installed the old emby for kodi and tada, everything works (native mode)

How can that be?

quickmic
7 minutes ago, peffe said:

thank you. 5.2.05 is working perfectly!

5.2.05 have its issue. I've uploaded a new experimental version, if you wanna try -> continue in this thread

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, quickmic said:

5.2.05 have its issue. I've uploaded a new experimental version, if you wanna try -> continue in this thread

Thank you very much. I have installed the latest experimental version now. Seems to work as well for me.  

Edited by peffe
  • Like 1

knewknow
On 07/03/2021 at 01:43, quickmic said:

Limitations:
- Sleep mode/hibernate is not supported

Are you able to elaborate on this? When I had Matrix installed I noticed that my Android box was never sleeping and spent quite a lot of time troubleshooting. I ended up going back to v18. Is this the same issue? If so, any plans to fix if possible?

Also someone else mentioned that the skin reloads on startup. Any plans to work around this?

quickmic
2 hours ago, knewknow said:

Are you able to elaborate on this? When I had Matrix installed I noticed that my Android box was never sleeping and spent quite a lot of time troubleshooting. I ended up going back to v18. Is this the same issue? If so, any plans to fix if possible?

Also someone else mentioned that the skin reloads on startup. Any plans to work around this?

Hibernate/sleep mode is fixed in beta and experimental versions. Let me know if there are still issues. btw, don't use beta on Kodi 18, use experimental version.

skin reloads on startup. Any plans to work around this?

No, cause I found no alternative yet to refresh the artwork without reloading the skin. Does it break a functionality you are using?

Edited by quickmic

Nosepull
On 4/10/2021 at 8:05 PM, quickmic said:

Thanks, I'll perform a test and come back to you. What type of Emby library have you used? Is it a music library?

Yes, it is a music library. Is there a better way to organise internet radio streams in Emby?

I made some progress: I simply organized the STRM-files as if they are tracks in an "virtual" album. This alone did not change anything. 

I then edited those tracks with Emby's metadata-editor. After some fiddling around this lead to NFO-files being generated in those virtual album folders. I also gave all tracks a common unique "genre" (internet-radio).

I don't know what did the trick, but somehow  now the STRM-files are usable within Kodi (however a bit awkward, navigating along the virtual album structure).

Nosepull

Another point: I noticed that the plugin seems to lose connection to the Emby server if that is not reachable. The plugin then has to be restarted to reconnect,

For example, I have Kodi and Emby on the same machine and usually Kodi is up and running marginally faster than Emby. OK, here you can add startup delay for the plugin or better systemd-dependencies. Or after other restarts of Emby (plugin install, update, etc.) the connection seems not to recover.

• Like 1

quickmic
1 hour ago, Nosepull said:

Another point: I noticed that the plugin seems to lose connection to the Emby server if that is not reachable. The plugin then has to be restarted to reconnect,

For example, I have Kodi and Emby on the same machine and usually Kodi is up and running marginally faster than Emby. OK, here you can add startup delay for the plugin or better systemd-dependencies. Or after other restarts of Emby (plugin install, update, etc.) the connection seems not to recover.

I'll check both issues (put it on the list)

knewknow
On 13/04/2021 at 01:10, quickmic said:

Hibernate/sleep mode is fixed in beta and experimental versions. Let me know if there are still issues. btw, don't use beta on Kodi 18, use experimental version.

No, cause I found no alternative yet to refresh the artwork without reloading the skin. Does it break a functionality you are using?

Thanks quickmic. No functionality break, but from a usability/presentation standpoint, we have artwork that’s loaded as soon as Kodi is loaded... it then reloads the skin in a jarring way. So on load I would just wait until the skin was reloaded before doing anything. Now that sleep is fixed, I’ll wait until it’s in the main release and give next-gen another try. I’ve gone back to v18 and older version of Emby for Kodi shortly after v18 release.

BaukeZwart
On 07/03/2021 at 07:43, quickmic said:

Addon-mode supports all "emby-next-gen" features, while native mode doesn't. e.g., multi-video, trailer, 3D, transcoding support etc.

I have been experimenting with movie trailers today, It's working when using the web app but I can't get it to work in Kodi addon-mode.
Is this not implemented yet or am I overlooking something?