Emby next gen

quickmic

t123thomas
40 minutes ago, quickmic said:

New Beta version released and synced with emby-kodi beta repo:

If there are no major issues reported in the next two week, this will be the next stable version:

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/plugin.video.emby/releases/tag/5.2.05

I am testing on Wins10 and Coreelec, I will report issue as I find them, does this version require DB reset?

quickmic

No,

1 minute ago, t123thomas said:

I am testing on Wins10 and Coreelec, I will report issue as I find them, does this version require DB reset?

Technically not needed. If you had issues with DB sync in the past, probably a good idea.

A already corrupted (out of sync) DB will not be repaired by a version update.

t123thomas
48 minutes ago, quickmic said:

New Beta version released and synced with emby-kodi beta repo:

If there are no major issues reported in the next two week, this will be the next stable version:

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/plugin.video.emby/releases/tag/5.2.05

Coreelec I rebuild it from scrach then load e4K 5.2.05 havinf issue logging on with diff users only admin is accepted

2021-03-23 18:16:28.086 T:3677332352  NOTICE: INFO: EMBY.database.database: Add missing column presentation_key
2021-03-23 18:16:28.108 T:3677332352 WARNING: WARNING: EMBY.helper.xmls.Xmls: advancedsettings.xml set data
2021-03-23 18:16:30.848 T:4091949072  NOTICE: Stopping player
2021-03-23 18:16:30.848 T:4091949072  NOTICE: Storing total System Uptime
2021-03-23 18:16:30.849 T:4091949072  NOTICE: Saving settings
2021-03-23 18:16:30.864 T:4091949072  NOTICE: Saving skin settings
2021-03-23 18:16:30.874 T:4091949072  NOTICE: Stopping all
2021-03-23 18:16:30.874 T:4091949072  NOTICE: ES: Stopping event server
2021-03-23 18:16:30.874 T:3677332352  NOTICE: INFO: EMBY.emby.connect.Connect: --[ server/DEFAULT ]
2021-03-23 18:16:30.875 T:3677332352  NOTICE: INFO: EMBY.core.connection_manager: Begin connect
2021-03-23 18:16:31.132 T:4091949072  NOTICE: stopping zeroconf publishing
2021-03-23 18:16:31.151 T:4091949072  NOTICE: CWebServer[8080]: Stopped
2021-03-23 18:16:31.502 T:3881603968  NOTICE: ES: UDP Event server stopped
2021-03-23 18:16:31.502 T:4091949072  NOTICE: stop dvd detect media
2021-03-23 18:16:31.883 T:3677332352  NOTICE: INFO: EMBY.core.connection_manager: Found Servers: [{u'Name': u'U-ROCK-PC', u'Id': u'3ee5bb58a99b4336876aa53525d507ac', u'Address': u'http://192.168.1.104:8096'}]
2021-03-23 18:16:31.885 T:3677332352  NOTICE: INFO: EMBY.core.connection_manager: Begin connectToServers, with 1 servers
2021-03-23 18:16:31.885 T:3677332352  NOTICE: INFO: EMBY.core.connection_manager: testing connection mode 2 with server U-ROCK-PC
2021-03-23 18:16:31.886 T:3677332352  NOTICE: INFO: EMBY.core.connection_manager: tryConnect url: http://192.168.1.104:8096/emby/system/info/public
2021-03-23 18:16:31.944 T:3677332352  NOTICE: INFO: EMBY.core.connection_manager: calling onSuccessfulConnection with connection mode 2 with server U-ROCK-PC
2021-03-23 18:16:31.978 T:3677332352  NOTICE: INFO: EMBY.helper.utils.Utils: DeviceId loaded: 9939414b-cf02-43aa-aa74-33506e3d33c7
2021-03-23 18:16:31.990 T:3677332352   ERROR: ERROR: EMBY.hooks.monitor.Monitor: EmbyServer Connect error
2021-03-23 18:16:32.016 T:3677332352 WARNING: CPythonInvoker(1, /storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby-next-gen/service.py): the python script "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby-next-gen/service.py" has left several classes in memory that we couldn't clean up. The classes include: N14PythonBindings30XBMCAddon_xbmc_Player_DirectorE,N9XBMCAddon9xbmcaddon5AddonE,N9XBMCAddon7xbmcgui6DialogE,N9XBMCAddon7xbmcgui6WindowE,N14PythonBindings31XBMCAddon_xbmc_Monitor_DirectorE
2021-03-23 18:16:32.208 T:4091949072  NOTICE: Application stopped
2021-03-23 18:16:32.409 T:4091949072  NOTICE: XBApplicationEx: destroying...
2021-03-23 18:16:35.106 T:4091949072  NOTICE: unload skin
2021-03-23 18:16:35.149 T:4091949072 WARNING: Cleanup: Having to cleanup texture button-fo.png
2021-03-23 18:16:35.150 T:4091949072 WARNING: Cleanup: Having to cleanup texture button-nofo.png
2021-03-23 18:16:35.150 T:4091949072 WARNING: Cleanup: Having to cleanup texture bg.jpg
2021-03-23 18:16:35.153 T:4091949072 WARNING: Cleanup: Having to cleanup texture dialog-bg.png
2021-03-23 18:16:35.155 T:4091949072 WARNING: Cleanup: Having to cleanup texture separator-grey.png
2021-03-23 18:16:35.155 T:4091949072 WARNING: Cleanup: Having to cleanup texture logo.png
2021-03-23 18:16:35.191 T:4091949072  NOTICE: unload sections
2021-03-23 18:16:35.625 T:4091949072  NOTICE: XBApplicationEx: application stopped!

quickmic

Yes, sorry forgot to mention that. Yes, that's on my todo list. Admin rights are required at the moment.

Edited by quickmic

t123thomas
2 hours ago, quickmic said:

Yes, sorry forgot to mention that. Yes, that's on my todo list. Admin rights are required at the moment.

To be ceratin the use must be nust have admin right for this  to work

t123thomas

Coreelec log.txt

Coreelec  test result, something is not write I login with Admin, the system went throught the usual process of syn, thereafter, I restarted the kodi, but it did nor prompt with user name, although the play back is fine, but navigating through movie list is somehow not smoth.

screenshot001.thumb.png.3e1dff075de312b21990bb2fe01d9b4a.png

quickmic

There is a "EmbyServer Connect error" even the connection logs looking good. Please try disable very connection. Maybe it helps. I'm already working on a solution...

Edited by quickmic

reas11

Is there anyway to stop the add-on reloading the skin when it signs in? I believe the previous emby for Kodi add-on didn't have this effect. 

Not a major issue but causes some skins to load twice when first opening Kodi, meaning a 5-7 second delay before Kodi is usable.

quickmic
On 3/25/2021 at 12:05 AM, reas11 said:

Is there anyway to stop the add-on reloading the skin when it signs in? I believe the previous emby for Kodi add-on didn't have this effect. 

Not a major issue but causes some skins to load twice when first opening Kodi, meaning a 5-7 second delay before Kodi is usable.

Correct, at the moment this is on purpose. I try to change it, but not find a better way to refresh the artwork without reloading the complete skin.

Hi guys. Quick question. I used Kodi years ago but have been using Emby exclusively for 5+ years now. Recently re-installed Kodi and emby-next-gen pretty much solely to be able to show MetaCritic and Rotten Tomatoes scores. As I understand it, emby server does not have a place to store Metacritic scores, even though they are pulled with the OMDB scraper. 

my question - does anyone know if using Emby as the server and Kodi as the front end via emby-next-gen will allow for the scraping and display of MetaCritic scores?

Thanks!

heula

I have some issues with tv show recordings that do not show up in Kodi. See this topic.

In Kodi I can select all kind of options for my libraries but there is no option to select "active recordings" in the Recordings library. Is it possible to get that option in Kodi so I can use that as a widget?

Thanks.

quickmic
3 hours ago, heula said:

I have some issues with tv show recordings that do not show up in Kodi. See this topic.

In Kodi I can select all kind of options for my libraries but there is no option to select "active recordings" in the Recordings library. Is it possible to get that option in Kodi so I can use that as a widget?

Thanks.

I reviewed the thread. Not sure how I actually should answer. There are many topics included in this thread.

progress updates, sync on kodi startup, sync while running (relatime), recordings, dynamic lists etc.

Probably I start with the easy ones 😉

Which kodi next gen version are you using. Have you tried the latest experimental (not the beta) version? There are many performance improvements compared with the stable version.

Edited by quickmic

heula
47 minutes ago, quickmic said:

I reviewed the thread. Not sure how I actually should answer. There are many topics included in this thread.

progress updates, sync on kodi startup, sync while running (relatime), recordings, dynamic lists etc.

Probably I start with the easy ones 😉

Which kodi next gen version are you using. Have you tried the latest experimental (not the beta) version? There are many performance improvements compared with the stable version.

I was on 5.2.05 beta and I have now updated to the experimental 5.2.06.
I will test with this version how things go with tv recordings showing up or not.

I will try to explain better what I experience with it.

Thanks.

• Like 1

heula

I did a simple test that failed.

While Kodi was open I activated 2 recordings in Emby of which only 1 eventually became visible in the recently added episodes widget of Kodi. Also in the Emby recordings library in Kodi, only 1 was visible.

A restart of Kodi and after the update process was completed the second recording was still not visible. This requires a manual update.

Both recordings are visible in Emby. This happens continuously and it makes no difference whether Kodi is already open or has to be opened when I start the recording or a timer recording is started.

I hope that I have been able to indicate it a little more clearly.

In addition, I think it takes a very long time before the recordings become visible when you start Kodi. It will then take a while before the Emby Next gen addon is loaded and the welcome screen appears at the top of the screen. Then it takes a while before the update process starts and ends again. All this will take at least 2 minutes and then let's hope that all new recordings have become visible. Maybe the update process of the TV recordings can be separated from the other updates and given priority?

I'm all trying to think along with this.

And what are the possibilities with "Active recordings" in Kodi?

Thanks.

Recordings In Kodi

2021-04-01 16.28.22.jpg

Recordings in Emby. Red lined is not visible in Kodi.

Capture_743.jpg

kodi.log kodi.old.log embyserver.txt

Edited by heula

quickmic

Thanks for the logs. I'll review it. btw, I'll drop my findings in the other thread (testing experimental versions...).

• Thanks 1

Nosepull

Thanks for your work with this plugins. A few questions:

• Is it expected behaviour that a library is no longer available as "dynamic" in the plugin as soon as it is integrated in the Kodi library? Why?
  • I notice that both the TuneIn-plugin and internet radio stations integrated with "*.strm"-files are not accessible with the plugin. Folder structure is shown, but not the contents. Bug or intended behaviour? (Podcast plugin i.e. works fine.)
  • My music library contain several drawers which I like to navigate to also separately. That seems to be possible as the plugin provides separate library nodes per drawer. But as soon as you enter this library node, you end up with the classic listing of artist/genre/album/etc. which again contains all music titles, not only those in the selected drawer.
  • Is it possible that "add users to session" does no longer work with the latest beta (works with non-beta version)?
  • I noticed that the plugin seems to have added two new media sources, empty "http://" and "smb://". Ony for videos, not for music. What are those good for?

Are there any users of the Netflix plugin in Kodi? How have you set up Kodi, Emby and the plugin?

Edited by Nosepull

quickmic
44 minutes ago, Nosepull said:

Thanks for your work with this plugins. A few questions:

• Is it expected behaviour that a library is no longer available as "dynamic" in the plugin as soon as it is integrated in the Kodi library? Why?
  • I notice that both the TuneIn-plugin and internet radio stations integrated with "*.strm"-files are not accessible with the plugin. Folder structure is shown, but not the contents. Bug or intended behaviour? (Podcast plugin i.e. works fine.)
  • My music library contain several drawers which I like to navigate to also separately. That seems to be possible as the plugin provides separate library nodes per drawer. But as soon as you enter this library node, you end up with the classic listing of artist/genre/album/etc. which again contains all music titles, not only those in the selected drawer.
  • Is it possible that "add users to session" does no longer work with the latest beta (works with non-beta version)?
  • I noticed that the plugin seems to have added two new media sources, empty "http://" and "smb://". Ony for videos, not for music. What are those good for?

Are there any users of the Netflix plugin in Kodi? How have you set up Kodi, Emby and the plugin?

Please test with bleeding edge version (experimental) from here:

Several reported issues are already fixed. The stable version has just the very basic functionalities. Let me know, what issues are not covered and I'll put it on my list.

Hi guys. Just bumping a previous question. 

Is it possible to use Emby Server with emby-next-gen and Kodi in order to scrape and display Metacritic ratings? Thanks

Nosepull
On 4/3/2021 at 7:08 PM, quickmic said:

Please test with bleeding edge version (experimental) from here:

Several reported issues are already fixed. The stable version has just the very basic functionalities. Let me know, what issues are not covered and I'll put it on my list.

Thanks for the quick reply. 

The  new beta version fixed an issue I wasn't even aware of: As I have bad experiences with the original addon messing up my Kodi database I only tried your new addon for the music library. I didn't even notice that about half of my songs were simply missing (without any hint that there had been a problem with the sync).

The new addon version seems to have fixed that - a bit, now all albums are doubled, repairing database does not help... I have to admit that makes me a bit sceptical, because of stuff like that I had given up on the original plugin, I hope that will get better with your new version.

Concerning my question, however, only the part with "add users to session" seems to have changed with the new version.

• Music library is only accessible as a whole, despite the fact that the plugin seems to offer separate library nodes for different drawers
  • TuneIn plugin shows only drawers, listing of stations empty/error
  • STRM-files are not handled for both music and videos (maybe related to the TuneIn problem, as in both cases the media is not physically present on the server)?
  • Librarys are no longer accessible dynamically as soon as they have been added to the library
  • Empty smb:// and http:// video media source created

ojessie

Hi there,

first of all thanks for developing a new plugin for kodi. Highly appreciate. 

I just installed the latest beta 5.2.0.5 and having the same problem as previously mentioned. The music library syncs only a fraction to kodi. What ever I do, restart, rescan, etc. etc. nothing helps. I didn't test any other libraries / functions. 

Any help is appreciated. Thanks. 

quickmic
On 4/5/2021 at 9:24 AM, Nosepull said:

Thanks for the quick reply. 

The  new beta version fixed an issue I wasn't even aware of: As I have bad experiences with the original addon messing up my Kodi database I only tried your new addon for the music library. I didn't even notice that about half of my songs were simply missing (without any hint that there had been a problem with the sync).

The new addon version seems to have fixed that - a bit, now all albums are doubled, repairing database does not help... I have to admit that makes me a bit sceptical, because of stuff like that I had given up on the original plugin, I hope that will get better with your new version.

Concerning my question, however, only the part with "add users to session" seems to have changed with the new version.

• Music library is only accessible as a whole, despite the fact that the plugin seems to offer separate library nodes for different drawers
  • TuneIn plugin shows only drawers, listing of stations empty/error
  • STRM-files are not handled for both music and videos (maybe related to the TuneIn problem, as in both cases the media is not physically present on the server)?
  • Librarys are no longer accessible dynamically as soon as they have been added to the library
  • Empty smb:// and http:// video media source created

Music library is only accessible as a whole, despite the fact that the plugin seems to offer separate library nodes for different drawers

Will check, should not be the case.

STRM-files are not handled for both music and videos (maybe related to the TuneIn problem, as in both cases the media is not physically present on the server)?

Please send me a content sample of the strm files.

Librarys are no longer accessible dynamically as soon as they have been added to the library

Yes, that's the way it should be. Libs are still accessable but not via dynamic nodes.

Empty smb:// and http:// video media source created

In the kodi sources file? I think this part of the code was just migrated from 4.x to 5.x. Not sure if this is still needed.

quickmic
16 hours ago, ojessie said:

Hi there,

first of all thanks for developing a new plugin for kodi. Highly appreciate. 

I just installed the latest beta 5.2.0.5 and having the same problem as previously mentioned. The music library syncs only a fraction to kodi. What ever I do, restart, rescan, etc. etc. nothing helps. I didn't test any other libraries / functions. 

Any help is appreciated. Thanks. 

I'll update the beta on weekend. Please try again and report if this will solve the issue.

Nosepull
2 hours ago, quickmic said:

Music library is only accessible as a whole, despite the fact that the plugin seems to offer separate library nodes for different drawers

Will check, should not be the case.

It might be that this is Emby related. I just noticed that the Jellyfin plugin for Mopidy shows the same behaviour:

My music library consists of several paths, so yes, you can browse the library by those different paths. In the next step you can select the artist. In this step you only see the artists contained in this specific path. But as soon as you select an artist, and the artist is contained in both paths, e.g. "Various artists", in the next step you can see artists from the whole library, not only from the path you started the navigation. This is about the same behaviour I noticed in the emby-next-gen plugin.

The *.strm-files I like to play look like this:

https://stream.rockantenne.de/rockantenne/stream/mp3

Nosepull

Short question: Does it currently (Emby Matrix) still happen that a cleanup of the Kodi library removes the Emby entries?