No subtitles in Emby app from LG store on LG CX

Haxy

Hi all,

I bought LG CX, installed an Emby app I tried to play some movies with subtitles but these don't display.

The same file playing in emby for kodi in different TV display subtitles properly.

Logs attached.

Some infos:

LG CX firmware version: 03.21.16

Emby Theater on LG CX version: 1.0.24

File info (tried other files with subrip subtitles but the result is the same):

image.png.845580f7e7ca98064615bd1bb3879fd6.png

image.png.dad048cc6bd416daee9003ef93acaf1d.png

image.png.18e1031f5dd3bb54a956bec3165e2d51.png

embyserver.txt

Hi, the server is extracting subtitles on the fly, and for a large video like this it is just taking too long in your environment.

You can disable the on the fly extraction in server transcoding settings, but please make sure to read the help text because you might not like the fallback technique that it will use to render the subtitles.

For best results, try external .srt subtitles instead.

Thanks for the replay.

Why this extraction is needed when using Emby on LG? 

Can I pause video and wait until extraction ends? Will it be any notification after? I dont want to watch half of the movie without subtitles.

How can I make subtitles extraction faster? Add more ram or cpu to my docker host? Or maybe any Emby setting needs to be adjust to make extraction faster?

What are the cons and prons when disabling extraction on the fly that you mention?

How long it will take is largely dependent  on the i/o performance of the storage holding the media.

What are the cons and prons when disabling extraction on the fly that you mention?

Does the help text underneath the option not answer this?

Disabling extraction on the fly cause stream loading fail on start because extraction takes too much time on start (file is over 100gb).

Is it possible to extract subtitles „offline” before start movie?

SamES

You will also find that with a TrueHD track that is unsupported, playback will be DirectStream which means there should be an ffmpeg log for this playback.   Can you please attach this?

I will be surprised if you are able to get this file to playback smoothly unless you DirectPlay. 

Your best option is to play another 5.1 track if it exists, or manually create a 5.1 AC3 track and add it to the file. 

see this article 

https://support.emby.media/support/solutions/articles/44001984861-why-does-the-emby-app-for-my-lg-tv-not-play-the-dolby-atmos-truehd-audio-without-transcoding-