wanted to share an update of my emby alexa custom skill because it's become very cool.

chef

chef

I've been working, on and off, during the pandemic on this alexa custom skill. I wanted to share because there is so much it can do now. 

I'm pretty sure it encapsulates almost everything Emby has to offer. I think it hits all the endpoints in the API. LOL!

And with the New Echo 10's being released (I have one coming in a couple weeks), the things you'll be able to do with Alexa is about to get even crazier!

I'm going to make the Echo 10 follow you around while you're watching a movie streamed by Emby. .. just because it will be possible to do (which is just nutz-o!)

Thanks for checking it out!

• Like 5

Spaceboy

is this all on your github chef? i got waylaid last yesr but keen to look at this now

• Like 1

rbjtech

Amazing stuff !

I must revisit this as my home is full of Echo's and Emby of course - pairing the two would be perfect.

I tried last year but fell at the first hurdle as I couldn't get the base skill talking to emby - I think it's my SSL cert type (Lets Encrypt) but didn't delve too deeply at the time.

Going to give it another go ..

• Like 1

chef
4 hours ago, Spaceboy said:

is this all on your github chef? i got waylaid last yesr but keen to look at this now

It sure is.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...