Emby-next-gen Fails to Connect on Shield

feerlessleadr

feerlessleadr

I realize the title of this thread is similar to others, but the issue that I'm facing seems to be different. 

I currently run the E4K next gen on 2 different types of boxes - the first type are CoreELEC powered devices, and the other are Nvidia Shield devices. I have set up E4K next gen on both boxes, and on first connect everything syncs as it should, with no issue. 

What I've noticed is that often-times on my Shields, when I start Kodi (matrix versions installed), the welcome message for E4k will never pop-up, the skin never gets re-loaded, and I'm unable to play anything. I end up having to restart kodi multiple times (5 or 6 times) and then the welcome message will pop up, and all is good. 

I have never experienced this issue on my N2 CoreELEC box. 

I have set up a brand new kodi profile on my shield, and I have also tried just clearing the data for kodi on the shield (so I have to re-accept all permissions as well) - the issue remains.

I was able to have a friend who has the same problem (also using a shield) capture a log of the first minute or so of waiting, which you can see here:

https://paste.kodi.tv/zokuhavuto

I was able to capture this in a log on my shield last night, which you can see here:

kodi.log

Happy to provide any additional detail as needed.

Thanks!

quickmic

Looks the plugin started before the network is ready. You can try to set a "startup delay" under advanced options.

If the issue appears after Nvidia Shield was in hibernate, there is still a bug I'm fixing.

feerlessleadr

Thanks,I'll give that a shot. It just happened on my N2 running coreelec as well,so not local to the shield. I'll report back. Thanks. 

• Like 1

feerlessleadr

Just to follow up on this - I'm seeing that about 50% of the time, whenever I start my N2 (not from sleep or hibernate), even with the startup delay set to 5 seconds, the addon still fails to start. Of course every time I reboot with debug logging on, it will connect, so I haven't been able to catch it in a log. 

Similar for my Shield, when I wake up my shield, I make sure that Kodi is not open, or running in the background. About 50% of the time, when I start kodi, it will fail to connect, even with the 5 second delay. My wife mainly uses that box, so hard to get time in there to get a debug log. 

quickmic

Seems you are still getting network timeouts. Please try to increase the startup delay to 10 or 15.

Network init can be slow especially when you use Wifi.

btw, no need to enable debug mode. Regular log is fine.

Edit:

I cannot find a startup delay msg in the log. Usually this should be reported. That's kind of weird.

Edited by quickmic

feerlessleadr

Thanks. The 2 original logs I attached didn't have the delay set yet. I didn't realize a regular log was ok. I'll grab one today and will post if/when it happens again.

quickmic

Somewhere in Kodi settings (not in the plugin settings) is a option like "wait for network". You can also try that one.

feerlessleadr

Thanks, I just set that kodi network delay to 10 seconds, and that seems to have helped. 

One other thing I noticed is happening is that the E4kNG pop up that says welcome now only flashes for a very short time (like a 10th of a second), and my profile picture on embuary no longer shows up at the top right. 

It was working maybe a week ago (using matrix), so not sure if that's an embuary bug or E4kNG bug. 

I've attached a log just in case.

kodi.log

• Like 1

quickmic

One other thing I noticed is happening is that the E4kNG pop up that says welcome now only flashes for a very short time (like a 10th of a second), and my profile picture on embuary no longer shows up at the top right. 

Yep, it's a bug. Will be fixed in the next releases.

Have you switched to 5.2.01 (beta)? I assume your connections issues are resolved due to an update.

Edited by quickmic

feerlessleadr

Well I think I spoke too soon. I just started up my N2 to check the version of E4KNG and it failed to start again. 

kodi.log

EDIT:: To answer your questions though, yes, I am running the 5.2.01 beta. 

Edited by feerlessleadr

quickmic

Seems the plugin didn't connect to your server. Can you please check the websocket connection. Just send a msg from Emby server to Kodi.

feerlessleadr
18 minutes ago, quickmic said:

Seems the plugin didn't connect to your server. Can you please check the websocket connection. Just send a msg from Emby server to Kodi.

Sorry, I've never actually done that before and I'm not sure how. 

feerlessleadr

Thanks - I haven't had a chance to test it since the wife isn't too keen on letting me fiddle with the box when she's trying to watch her shows. 

I can confirm that when it is connected, the message displays though - I'll give it a shot tomorrow when the kids are in school. 

feerlessleadr

Ok, I was able to try it this morning on my shield when it happened again. It didn't connect, and I tried to send a message and nothing popped up in kodi on my shield. 

Here is my kodi log as well as my emby log. I'm in my phone,so I can't trim the emby log, but I was doing this around 7:20-7:30am eastern (so you can check that time in the emby log).

kodi.log embyserver.txt

feerlessleadr

I was just browsing the 5.x.x thread, and saw that there was a test version posted. I decided to try a fresh profile and give it a shot, and I have to say, the sync time is crazy fast - well done. 

I also turned my N2 off and on a bunch, and it seemed to have no issues connecting. Unfortunately, whenever I try to play something, I just get a spinning circle (nothing will play). Here is a log:

kodi.log

I realize it is just a test version, so I have a full backup of my previous .kodi profile folder, but wanted to let you know.