Suddenly Emby goes to sleep while playing music

WHIMWHAM

WHIMWHAM

Never did this before but suddenly now, if I start a music playlist, Emby will go to sleep two songs into the playlist, and all music stops. Have to keep restarting the &%$king thing. How do I fix this? 

Hi.  You will need to change your screen saver setting on the Roku.  Unfortunately, they removed our ability to do the "trick" we were before to keep this from happening.

whiskerc

Thank you @ebr, this solved the same problem I have been having lately with music playlists.  So far so good. 

• 2 weeks later...
Vienna

Hi @ebr, does this mean the Roku screen saver has to be turned off completely for continuous music playback on Emby? I was reading the below thread where the solution was to make the Roku screensaver timeout at least longer than your longest song, but I tried this and the screensaver still kicks in, which stops playback after the current song ends (I'm guessing this is what you mean by the "trick" being removed)

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/55638-screen-saver-stops-music/&do=findComment&comment=575153