Alternate Recording Folder

myoldvcr

myoldvcr

In my NextPVR server I have a default recording directory and a "Movies" recording directory. When selecting a movie from the TV guide I have only one choice which is the default recording path.

Will there be support for selecting alternate recording directories in the future with the NextPVR plugin?

Thanks

emveepee

The plugin provides access to the Emby API and GUI.  Is this feature available in Emby?

Martin

myoldvcr

The Emby Gui offers three directories in the DVR settings page.

Default recording path:
Movie recording path:
Series recording path:

When you select a TV show from the guide there are two options for recording, "Record" or "Record series". I assume that if you select "Record series" that the recording would go to the "Series recording path:", but I haven't tried it. When you select a movie from the guide the only option is to Record. I would have expected an option to "Record Movie" but there is none.

AFAIK, you can't actually select the directory manually.

emveepee

I wouldn't make that assumption because NextPVR doesn't know the paths you configure in Emby.  If the GUI  doesn't offer a way to choose a folder than the addon can't do it.  I
could probably make some changes to map NextPVR folders for this in Emby but that requires making the setup more complex and potential prone to user error. 

I suggest if this is important and you don't want to use NextPVR to create the rule, you will need to modify the folder in NextPVR after creating it in Emby.   There is more flexibility in the NextPVR UI anyway.

Martin