Emby-Next-Gen - "Delete from Emby" not working

phunzie

phunzie

i'm using the latest Kodi + EmbyNextGen + Rapier skin...when i want to delete a movie, i rt. click the movie's icon/poster, then select "Emby Options" from list, then "Delete from Emby"...this has worked fine in the past with previous Kodi and Emby versions, but now no longer works...is this a known issue?

quickmic

No, but I haven't tested that option in quite a while. Does your (emby) user have admin previlegies?

phunzie

after some more playing around, it does seem to be working now...but Kodi doesn't refresh as often, so the movie icon is still visible until i exit Kodi and return...i can also verify the movie folder is in the Recycle Bin...previously it seemed the movie icon disappeared from library about 3-4 seconds after deleting the item from Emby, without having to shutdown Kodi and restart

quickmic
22 hours ago, phunzie said:

after some more playing around, it does seem to be working now...but Kodi doesn't refresh as often, so the movie icon is still visible until i exit Kodi and return...i can also verify the movie folder is in the Recycle Bin...previously it seemed the movie icon disappeared from library about 3-4 seconds after deleting the item from Emby, without having to shutdown Kodi and restart

As far as I recall, current implementation just sends the delete command to emby server. Kodi is not aware of the removal till server pushes a notification back to Kodi. Not sure how log it takes, and also depends on Emby server performance etc. Maybe I can improve it like: Send delete command to Emby server and immediately remove if from Kodi DB.

Edited by quickmic
  • Like 2

phunzie

that would be awesome...i don't know if many people delete items from Kodi/Emby using this procedure, but it works well for me...i also like the fact the item's folder gets sent to the Recycle Bin, so a deleted item can be restored if need be...thanks for your explanation and help

• Like 2

CharleyVarrick
17 hours ago, phunzie said:

that would be awesome...i don't know if many people delete items from Kodi/Emby using this procedure, but it works well for me...i also like the fact the item's folder gets sent to the Recycle Bin, so a deleted item can be restored if need be...

Does it ?

I would expect this to be true if you're deleting from a Kodi installed on the same computer as Emby server.

Not sure it holds true if Kodi is on computer 1 and Emby on computer 2

If I'm not mistaken the later acts as a SHIFT-DELETE (no recycle bin)

EDIT: Then again, you might be right, as Kodi on the remote side does not delete file thru share, instead it request Emby to do it, straight  from file host.

Edited by CharleyVarrick
  • Like 1

tosa65
On 3/2/2021 at 12:04 PM, quickmic said:

No, but I haven't tested that option in quite a while. Does your (emby) user have admin previlegies?

So I yes... At least I have set it so that I am allowed to. I'm already big and know what I'm doing... I would leave it up to the users and then offer a switch in the addon. That would be more democratic.

Something similar is the part "Update this object" in the Emby options. That doesn't always work and is unfortunately no longer executed immediately. It used to be that if a cover was not displayed, for example, EfK would immediately fetch and display the image...

Unfortunately, this is no longer the case. Maybe you could take a look there again.

tosa65
On 3/3/2021 at 7:39 PM, phunzie said:

previously it seemed the movie icon disappeared from library about 3-4 seconds after deleting the item from Emby, without having to shutdown Kodi and restart

Yes, I can confirm that.
It is very serious when you want to refresh the collections. It is often the case that EmbyNextGen only executes it the next day, or when you reboot.

I can live with that. But maybe it can be fixed.

tosa65
On 3/4/2021 at 6:19 PM, quickmic said:

Maybe I can improve it like: Send delete command to Emby server and immediately remove if from Kodi DB.

That would be great.
I would welcome it.

• Like 1

CharleyVarrick

I just tested this on my side, first making a copy of a specific movie folder, and pasting it out of monitored folder.

So in Kodi, on said movie, Emby Options/Delete from Emby = It instantly disappear from win file explorer. (perfect)

50-60 seconds later, it disappear from Emby (normal delay)

But 15 minutes+ hours later, its still listed in Kodi. As OP suggested, unless we force a manual Kodi refresh, its not updating as expected. (not so great)

Edited by CharleyVarrick
  • Like 1

CharleyVarrick
4 hours ago, tosa65 said:

Something similar is the part "Update this object" in the Emby options. That doesn't always work and is unfortunately no longer executed immediately. It used to be that if a cover was not displayed, for example, EfK would immediately fetch and display the image...

Unfortunately, this is no longer the case. Maybe you could take a look there again.

That has never worked for me, or if it did, it was so long ago I don't remember it ever did.

I usually have to fiddle around on Emby's side to get a reaction on Kodi's.

Edited by CharleyVarrick

CharleyVarrick
On 3/3/2021 at 1:39 PM, phunzie said:

so the movie icon is still visible until i exit Kodi and return...

Quicker way is hit the settings icon (gear, top left), then Update Library (top right center)

image.png.b613f2858835114fcb1c1d48c694b0b5.png

image.thumb.png.f4eb768f491ac8f8c8849722d43c12d8.png

Edited by CharleyVarrick

phunzie

just updated to newest version (5.2.01), and now delete doesn't work at all...EmbyNG pops up an error message...says to check log for details, but don't know where log is

Edited by phunzie

phunzie

has anyone confirmed delete works properly with the latest release, 5.2.01? i had to downgrade to 5.1.17 to get it working again

BaukeZwart

No, delete doesn't work with 5.2.01.

For me none of the functions ction in the e4k sub menu work in the latest beta. I also downgraded to the stable build. 

CharleyVarrick
21 hours ago, quickmic said:

Confirmed, Context menu is broken in 5.2.01. I'm working on it.

Noob Q, neither first or last

Where can I find the E4Kversion # ?

phunzie

go to the Add-Ons section in Kodi, find Emby-Next-Gen, click on it, and information will be shown

• Like 1

CharleyVarrick
6 hours ago, phunzie said:

go to the Add-Ons section in Kodi, find Emby-Next-Gen, click on it, and information will be shown

so simple when looking in the right area...

Edited by CharleyVarrick

• 2 weeks later...
phunzie

delete from Emby was working in 5.2.04, but now doesn't work in 5.2.05

also, you had previously mentioned possible adding:  "Send delete command to Emby server and immediately remove if from Kodi DB."...this would be welcome, but if you can't get to that right now, having to manually  "Update Library"  is not that big of a deal