Sound just stops

arrbee99

arrbee99

This is not an Emby thing, but thought I'd ask anyway.

I have a Sony 900F TV, a 2019 Shield Pro and a Samsung N850 soundbar connected ethernet > Shield > soundbar > TV via HDMI. Its been fine till maybe a month ago when every so often, like say after an hour of playing, the sound just stops. Generally I fix it by turning the soundbar off and on again. It also does this when watching things like Disney+ and TVNZ On Demand.

Can I conclude from this info that...

a) its not Emby

b) can I eliminate the TV, or not really

The Shield has had its updates recently, so I tend to suspect that, but the TV may have had one as well. The soundbar is using its original firmware.

Any thoughts ? anyone with similar issues ? would any Emby Android TV logs help in the slightest ?

Guest kovibalko

Hi

I have a similar problem only with LG TV and a Denon amplifier, in case of direct playig you can find the error I raised here:

are the "symptoms" similar to you?

One2Go

Well looks like someone else perhaps has this sound problem also and this made me post my situation. Mine drops out for the fraction of a second and when I rewind it doesn't drop out but again perhaps 20 to 20 minutes later again a fraction of a second sound drop out.

Tried to narrow this down. 1st my setup is QNAP NAS with latest Emby server stream to Roku via hardwired network connection, which passes the sound directly to my Denon AVR receiver. To narrow this down I tried episodes from the Expanse. Audio drop out when streaming from the server, NO audio drop out when streaming from Amazon Prime app. This eliminates everything from the Roku to the Denon AVR.

NEXT no audio drop out when the audio codec is AAC, also no audio drop out with DTS, so far audio drop out noticed with DDP5.1 from AMZN. In addition for some isolated files the AVR showed 4 channels when it should be only 2.

My conclusion it either has to do something with ffmpeg or some other EMBY internals.

Guest kovibalko

i don't know what the problem may be :)
anyway, for about half a year, emby worked perfectly well with the same hardware - then it only happened on one or two, then on random movies - since I mainly watch with DD 5.1 sound, my experience extends only to these

One2Go

I experience the same AAC 2.0 is fine DDP 5.1 problematic and the same experience here it worked flawless and than it must have started with the update to version 4.5.3.0 because I was hoping that the update to 4.5.4.0 would correct it. Before that not a problem at all.