Unable To Connect

jblake68

jblake68

I'm unable to connect to my server when pulling up the Emby app on my iPhone 11.  When I click "Add Server," I enter the "192" URL and port number.  This is the message that I get every time I click connect:  

Connection Failure
We're unable to connect to the selected server right now.  Please ensure it is running and try again.

The server is running since I'm able to access it from my Android tv.  Just not from my MacBook or iPhone.

Can someone please assist?

HI there, what device is your emby server running on? Are you sure the url you've entered is correct? Where did you get it from?

PilgeramMedia

I am having the same issue, I think. when i am on the local network, everything works fine. when I use a different network,  the app gets to to the "select Server" screen. When I select the server name, i also get the connection failure. dont get it. 

pwhodges
20 hours ago, PilgeramMedia said:

I am having the same issue, I think. when i am on the local network, everything works fine. when I use a different network,  the app gets to to the "select Server" screen. When I select the server name, i also get the connection failure. dont get it. 

To access from another network requires additional setting up.  Have you tried going through the support article about that?

https://support.emby.media/support/solutions/articles/44002137137-remote-setup

Paul

Edited by pwhodges

• 2 weeks later...
mrfragger

Might be applicable not sure. I was having slow WiFi with my iPhone but not iPad. 

iOS 14.4.1 puts in the WiFi settings private address which upon disabling it and rejoining WiFi solved the issue. Now the WiFi is working as expected and had been previously. 

jblake68
On 3/4/2021 at 12:43 PM, Luke said:

@jblake68 has this helped you resolve it?

Hi Paul,

I will take a look at this article and report back what happens.