Live TV with HDHomeRun but no channels?

Jashobeam
Go to solution Solved by Jashobeam,

Jashobeam

I've just rebuilt my server, this time with Win10 after having no joy with previous. However I'm not seeing any real progress, since the Live TV is still not working. I've followed all the guides I can find in support of my setup, including installing the Windows software for my old HomeRun. I've power cycled the tuner and restarted the Emby server to no effect. The HDHomeRun Windows app seems to play Live TV no probs but I can't see anything in Emby.

I get the following in the log:

2021-02-28 15:09:12.610 Info HttpClient: GET http://192.168.1.190/discover.json
2021-02-28 15:09:12.659 Info HttpClient: GET http://ipv4-api.hdhomerun.com/api/lineup?DeviceAuth=8qmAHYuGfvUrCBMGayqyuTrA
2021-02-28 15:09:13.137 Error LiveTvManager: Error refreshing channels for service
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.5.4.0
	Command line: C:\Users\admin\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll -noautorunwebapp
	Operating system: Microsoft Windows 10.0.19042
	Framework: .NET Core 3.1.9
	OS/Process: x64/x64
	Runtime: C:/Users/admin/AppData/Roaming/Emby-Server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 4
	Data path: C:\Users\admin\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata
	Application path: C:\Users\admin\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system
	System.Xml.XmlException: System.Xml.XmlException: The 'link' start tag on line 10 position 3 does not match the end tag of 'head'. Line 12, position 4.
	   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
	   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(String res, String[] args)
	   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ThrowTagMismatch(NodeData startTag)
	   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseEndElement()
	   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseElementContent()
	   at System.Xml.XmlReader.ReadToDescendant(String name)
	   at Emby.XmlTv.Classes.XmlTvReader.GetChannels()
	   at Emby.LiveTV.Listings.XmlTv.XmlTvProvider.GetChannels(ListingsProviderInfo info, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Emby.LiveTV.EmbyTV.GetEpgChannels(IListingsProvider provider, ListingsProviderInfo info, Boolean enableCache, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Emby.LiveTV.EmbyTV.GetChannelsAsync(Boolean enableCache, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Emby.LiveTV.LiveTvManager.RefreshChannelsInternal(ILiveTvService service, IProgress`1 progress, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Emby.LiveTV.LiveTvManager.RefreshChannelsInternal(IProgress`1 progress, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	Source: System.Private.Xml
	TargetSite: Void Throw(System.Exception)

Any ideas?

Hi,

Please post a screen shot of your web dashboard after clicking the Live TV menu option.
I'd like to see your tuner and guide setup.

Thanks

Any chance we can do a remote session later today?  It's 3:45 AM my time but anytime 5+ hours from now?
If so send me a PM and we'll arrange it.

Jashobeam

Ahhh 5+ hrs from "now"?. According to my clock here you posted 3 hours ago, add another 2 hrs for me and that makes it 0130 hrs local time (AEDT). Not an option for me unfortunately. However, I might be able to do 0700 tomorrow my time - by my math that is 2000 hrs GMT. Does that work? I will check for your response at 0700 my time and get online if you agree. Otherwise we'll have to reset and look at our schedules again.

Hey thanks for taking such a personal interest cayars - it's very much appreciated.

To make it easier. I'm in the Eastern Time Zone or same as New York City.
So figure out a time that good for you and fall in the 6am to 2am time frame for me and we are good any day or the week.  If you can't schedule a time to fit this let me know as once or twice a week I shift my sleep patterns to accomodate you guys across the pond who I can't fit in other days.

We can work it out and get you remote help for sure.  Just send me a PM and we'll get it scheduled.

• Solution
Jashobeam

Hey cayars, as I said during your remote assistance session, thanks so much for solving this. It looked like the solution was to delete the config file and start over, maybe also that HDHomerun update did something as well. Anyway your time and patience were much appreciated.

• Like 1