Streaming MP3s after a MP3Gain update

francoisp

francoisp

I have a bunch of old mp3 that had much lower volume levels at around 84 db so I have used MP3Gain to move their levels up to around 92db. When I play these songs on the PC running the emby server it seems to work. However when I play them on my Android TV, their volume levels do not appear normalized. Is there a difference between how the volume gain is applied between the PC and the Android TV?

Hi.  Yes, two totally different players on different platforms.  Exactly what equipment is involved on the Android TV?

Sorry, no.  I'm asking exactly what equipment is involved on the client end.

e.g.  I have a MiBox connected to a xxxx receiver via HDMI or ??? which is then connected to yyyy TV via ???  I control the volume by using the ??? remote control which changes the volume on the ???

Thanks.

francoisp

The MI BOX is connected to the Samsung tv hdmi port. I use the tv analog audio port to connect to the aux port of my 40 year old receiver (all analog, not digital). The volume control is handled by the MI BOX.

Edited by francoisp

francoisp

The Samsung tv audio port is a passthrough port. It cannot be controlled by the Samsung remote.

Edited by francoisp

57 minutes ago, francoisp said:

I use the tv analog audio port to connect to the aux port of my 40 year old receiver

Okay, that is probably the wrinkle here.  That audio path is probably expecting a fixed volume input at basically 100% that it then attenuates itself.