Closed Captions not centered

diysub

I finally got closed captions to work via a helpful post on this very forum. However they are on the bottom of the screen, which is perfect but they are all the way to the left. So they are in the bottom left corner. I would prefer them to be in the bottom middle. I have tried the positioning in the app itself and the Samsung tv to no avail. They also are like this with my own movies and shows on my server. But if I watch a friends server they are positioned correctly. So can anyone help me out? Appreciate it.

2 hours ago, diysub said:

But if I watch a friends server they are positioned correctly.

Hi.  Are you sure those aren't subtitles as opposed to CC?

Closed captions actually have position information in them and, many times, do scroll up from the lower left.

Just now, ebr said:

Hi.  Are you sure those aren't subtitles as opposed to CC?

Closed captions actually have position information in them and, many times, do scroll up from the lower left.

Ah yes, my mistake. Those indeed are subtitles. I have tried out several other dvr programs that I have had no problem with the cc being displayed correctly, frustrating.

Just now, diysub said:

had no problem with the cc being displayed correctly

Hi.  I believe we are showing them "correctly".  I.e. the same way a normal TV would.

The top picture is Envy, bottom is another app I am trying. Hopefully you understand. Thanks.

IMG_20210227_133923.jpg

IMG_20210227_134047.jpg

Edited by diysub