Several recordings issues

heula

Lately I have some issues with my recordings with Emby.

Serie recordings are not recorded because the name of the tv show has been slightly different. I need to create a new series recording and than I get two folders for the same serie.

Why can't Emby just see there is a tiny difference in the tv show name and just adjust to it and record to the already existing folder? Now I can't always rely on recordings will be recorded when this happens. 

I hope there will be a fix for this.

Thanks.

embyserver.txt embyserver-63750000787.txt embyserver-63749980800.txt

Capture_729.jpg

Edited by heula

I see there is an option for other libraries than tv recordings for merging series folders.

Perhaps this can be added for tv recordings?

"Auto-merge series spread across multiple folders
If enabled, series spanning multiple folders within this library will be automatically merged into one series." 

Capture_730.jpg

Edited by heula

We already do have some smarts to locate existing series folders in your library using series provider id's. Does your guide data not contain any series id's?

heula

I have updated the webgrab version and it should provide series id now. I will see if things are going better now.

3 minutes ago, heula said:

I have updated the webgrab version and it should provide series id now. I will see if things are going better now.

What does the xml look like now? I've also made changes to the server to try and prevent the situation of two folders of the same series with different letter casing.

But in the situation of a typo in the xml data where the series name is actually spelled wrong, that will be harder to resolve without having series id's.

heula

I have updated Webgrab to the newest version and now it does also provide TV show info with ID if all is correct.

the new guide.xml looks like this now.

Gids.xml

2 hours ago, heula said:

I have updated Webgrab to the newest version and now it does also provide TV show info with ID if all is correct.

the new guide.xml looks like this now.

Gids.xml 2.46 MB · 1 download

Where are the series id's? From a glance I don't see anything.

heula

Im still figuring out the new version with all it's options. I need to do some more testing with it.

heula
20 hours ago, Luke said:

Where are the series id's? From a glance I don't see anything.

Can you give me an example how it should look like in the guide.xml file?

There isn't really a standard. It's mostly a situation of we see what providers are doing and try to adapt to it. One example we've seen and added support for is:

<series-id system="imdb">xxx</series-id>
<series-id system="tvdb">xxx</series-id>
<series-id system="tmdb">xxx</series-id>

If you're taking feedback back to your provider, I would suggest showing that to them.

heula

@Luke I have asked about the showid in the guide at the Webgrab forum and they say this about it.

For further understanding of how a series data can be obtained from IMDb:
For that it needs at least a title plus either a sub-title (= episode title) or a episode-num. With only title and without sub-title or episode-num there is no way for the matching algoritm to know which episode it is.
Goede Tijden, Slechte Tijden from RTL 4 , doesn't fulfil these requirements. So no match in series.

But they have helped me to get some of the needed information and I hope Emby can work with this. Not every show has an id but al lot of them do now.

I'm still working things out because it is all based on IMDB info and I hope they can also do something with theTVDB.

This is how my guide looks like now so please tell me, is this what you were looking for?

TVGids2.xml

I don't see any series id's but as long as the series episodes are named consistently i think it will be fine. I guess I would just try it and report back on your experience. Thanks.

heula

Is the red shaded line not enough?

<programme start="20210312101100 +0000" stop="20210312103600 +0000" channel="RTL 4 HD">
    <title lang="xx">Goede tijden, slechte tijden</title>
    <title lang="nl">Goede Tijden, Slechte Tijden</title>
    <desc lang="nl">Billy vraagt Shanti als getuige voor haar huwelijk. JoJo is bang dat Ilyas met haar wil samenwonen. Rik mat Bing af in de sportschool. Daan schakelt Nina's hulp in om Louise terug te krijgen. Kijkwijzer: Let op met kinderen tot 12 jaar, programma bevat geweld, angst en seks.</desc>
    <credits>
      <actor>Caroline de Bruijn (role=Janine Elschot)</actor>
      <actor>Jette van der Meij (role=Laura Selmhorst)</actor>
      <actor>Erik de Vogel (role=Ludo Sanders)</actor>
      <actor>Bartho Braat (role=Jef Alberts)</actor>
      <actor>Ferri Somogyi (role=Rik de Jong)</actor>
      <actor>Wilbert Gieske (role=Robert Alberts)</actor>
      <actor>Marly van der Velden (role=Nina Sanders)</actor>
      <actor>Everon Jackson Hooi (role=Bing Mauricius)</actor>
      <actor>Sabine Koning (role=Anita Dendermonde)</actor>
      <actor>Inge Schrama (role=Sjors Langeveld)</actor>
      <actor>Charlotte Besijn (role=Barbara Fischer)</actor>
      <actor>Babette van Veen (role=Linda Dekker)</actor>
    </credits>
    <date>2020</date>
    <category lang="nl">Drama, Romance</category>
    <icon src="https://staticqbr-nl-prod.prod.cdn.dmdsdp.com/image-service/ImagesEPG/EventImages/38301574.p.019c3554eee435c56e79cead1be827951fc2dddf.jpg" />
    <icon src="https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BMjJkMTUzNzYtY2I2Mi00ZTY5LWE2OGUtNDAwYzNmMDdiZjBlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTExMzIyNDM@._V1_UY268_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg" />
    <rating system="NL">
      <value>12</value>
    </rating>
    <star-rating system="imdb">
      <value>3.5/10</value>
    </star-rating>
    <review type="text">IMDb review: The oldest Dutch soap on television. Like its genre demands, it is a mix of cheap sets, worthless actors, plot lines that don't make any sense and dialog's that seems to be written by a 5-year old schoolboy. You can safely conclude that it's a burning pile of crap. But hey, who cares about that, it's a soap and therefore its viewers just don't ask for some quality in it.I personally have a hate/love affair with this show. I can't watch it without complaining about everything that is bad. But at the other hand, growing up with my mother and sister, I watched it almost everyday from my 12th till my 16th. When I started to live on my own I noticed that fore some nostalgic reason I kept watching it. Just because it came after the news of half past seven and just before movies start at half past eight.Nowadays I just see 1 or 2 episodes a month with my mother and that is enough to stay up to date on the ''exciting'' story lines that this show has to offer</review>
    <review type="text">IMDb data; show-id : tt0096597, Title: Goede tijden, slechte tijden, Starrating: 3.5/10 
 --- Description: Created by Reg Watson.  With Caroline de Bruijn, Jette van der Meij, Erik de Vogel, Bartho Braat. A group of friends and family live in a fictional Dutch town called Meerdijk. Shown Monday til Thursday at 20.00 on RTL4. 
 --- Director: Michiel Geijskes, Pim Vosmaer, Caston Cohen Rodrigues, Hans Somers, Bart Oudshoorn
 --- Actors: Caroline de Bruijn (role=Janine Elschot), Jette van der Meij (role=Laura Selmhorst), Erik de Vogel (role=Ludo Sanders), Bartho Braat (role=Jef Alberts), Ferri Somogyi (role=Rik de Jong), Wilbert Gieske (role=Robert Alberts), Marly van der Velden (role=Nina Sanders), Everon Jackson Hooi (role=Bing Mauricius), Sabine Koning (role=Anita Dendermonde), Inge Schrama (role=Sjors Langeveld), Charlotte Besijn (role=Barbara Fischer), Babette van Veen (role=Linda Dekker)</review>
    <review type="text">Category: Drama|Romance </review>
    <review type="text">https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BMjJkMTUzNzYtY2I2Mi00ZTY5LWE2OGUtNDAwYzNmMDdiZjBlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTExMzIyNDM@._V1_UY268_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg</review>
  </programme>

I mean that's really messy. Yes of course we could parse that, but if they're just creating this now it would be nice if they could separate those into individual fields for each piece of data.

heula

I told them what you thought of it en they responded with this answer.

I'm surprised Emby proposes to deviate from xmltv by recommending a non-standard element <series id and <show id. I'm certainly not going to do that in wg ++. It makes xmltv verification impossible.

I still wonder why
<series id system = ”imdb”> xxx </series-id> makes so much difference with
<review type = ”text”> IMDb show_id = ttxxxxxxx </review>?

So they can't provide it the way Emby wants it.

I hope you can parse the info the way it is now provided in the xml as it is.

If not than it stays as it is for me and us Dutch Emby users I think.

Thanks.

heula
8 hours ago, Luke said:

It's just not stored in a developer friendly way but yes it's possible.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
heula

Again I have several double series recordings because the original recording did not pick them up anymore because of a slight name change or capitol letter instead of a lowercase letter in the name.

This way I have to check every time if my recordings will be recorded and that isn't very reliable.

Perhaps a feature that let's us add alternative names for the recordings will solve this. Sickchill has this option and that is working very well when some tv shows are not found.

Thanks.

Capture_736.jpg

Capture_737.jpg

Capture_738.jpg

embyserver.txt hardware_detection-63752247398.txt

heula

Multiple series recordings that were already set would not be recorded if id not see it on time. These recordings had a slight change of name or  capitol letter instead of a lowercase letter in the name and for that my recordings would not have recorded.

I removed these series recording and made new ones so they would be recorded again and that is the reason I have double folders for those recordings. So if they are not in the log it must be because these earlier series recordings would not be recorded at all.

Another issue is now that I have removed the series recording for "Goede tijden, slechte tijden" I can not set as a new series recording, I can only choose recording.

Capture_739.jpg

Capture_740.jpg

heula

For now I have found a workaround until there is a fix for this issue I have.

There is a find and replace tool called fart.exe and that let's me change names in the xml file so recordings will be reliable for me again.

http://fart-it.sourceforge.net/

What I still don't get is why a removed series recording can't be set as a series recording again but only has a record option per episode. Like the image shown above from Goede tijden, slechte tijden.

I temporarily set the timers.json and seriestimers.json. .bak files and restarted the server but still I could not set Goede tijden, slechte tijden as a series timer again.

Guide recordings names Fix.bat

embyserver.txt

Edited by heula