Emby keeps syncing some movies incorrectly with Trakt

markdj

I’ve two movies I accidentally marked as watched a while ago now and it has always bugged I couldn’t get it fixed.

As soon as I mark the movie as unwatched (through Emby server), let it sync to Trakt (all references to the movies have been removed on Trakt beforehand) and then sync back, it ALWAYS gets marked again as watched.

How can I fix this? As I mentioned Trakt has no references to the movies anymore and they show up as unwatched on their site but Emby refuses to listen.

Edited by markdj

Well, I have a movie for the wife, Falling Inn Love, which I accidentally marked as 'watched'. Trakt synced it, which is understandable. So afterwards I removed it from Trakt (deleted the play), then synced Trakt back to Kodi (I marked it as 'unwatched' before). And while that seems to work, I guess after a next update (from or to Trakt I do not know) it's marked again. It doesn't always show up on Trakt again as watched so I would assume it's something from within Emby/Trakt that does this).

I cannot for the life of me get it unwatched again and keep it synced that way.

On 2/25/2021 at 2:30 PM, markdj said:

Well, I have a movie for the wife, Falling Inn Love, which I accidentally marked as 'watched'. Trakt synced it, which is understandable. So afterwards I removed it from Trakt (deleted the play), then synced Trakt back to Kodi (I marked it as 'unwatched' before). And while that seems to work, I guess after a next update (from or to Trakt I do not know) it's marked again. It doesn't always show up on Trakt again as watched so I would assume it's something from within Emby/Trakt that does this).

I cannot for the life of me get it unwatched again and keep it synced that way.

Try just marking it unwatched in emby instead.

I’ve tried it many times but the scheduled task marks it as watched again. I deleted only the Trakt plugin but the tasks kept going. Removing them has fixed the issue (which is why I went with Trakt for Kodi).

But i think you're not getting what I'm saying. if you accidentally mark it watched in emby, then just mark it unwatched before you run the scheduled task to sync to trakt.

On 2/27/2021 at 1:43 PM, markdj said:

I did try that and it works but once the tasks run it gets marked as watched again somehow.

Which scheduled task? Gets marked as watched where?

markdj

The import task, even though it’s unwatched on Trakt Emby marks it as watched again. Removing the tasks helps and solves the problem.

If you performed activity in Emby, then why would you import from Trakt after that?

markdj

As I said it was set up like that from the beginning. I never changed a thing. But never mind, it seems to be fixed.