No playback controls on iPad?

gottspeed

gottspeed

Just set up emby on my unraid server and things are working wonderfully on my iPad except that the only way I can control playback is by swiping down the built-in transport controls on the iPad. Is there something I'm missing here or is there nothing like "Now Playing" that shows the media information and some playback controls?

EDIT: Ok, so it seems like the playback bar isn't visible until I've accessed a file once, and then I close the app and access theĀ  media again. What's going on here? Does anybody else suffer from this bug?

Edited by gottspeed

Hi, can you please describe this in more detail? There should be a now playing bar at the bottom that you can click.

gottspeed

Yes, there is, but when I first open a file it won't appear. I have to access a media file, and then exit the app and re-access it in order for the playback controls to appear. Of note, the metadata isn't appearing for a file when first selected either, but does once I leave the app and come back. Also interestingly, the app will hang with the spinning circle in the middle if I select a different file to play while the playback bar is unavailable.

Two things I can think of. First, the server wasn't done scanning all my media. Second, My iOS is one minor revision out of date.

I'll try again after work when the media is done scanning.

gottspeed

By access I mean attempt to play. Now that the server has finished scanning my media these problems don't occur anymore. Thanks for the followup.