Emby Theater 3.0.14 doesn't display some videos (ET 3.0.11 does)

nicko84

nicko84

Hello Luke,

ET 3.0.14 doesn't display some videos (see mpvlogs - ET- 3.014.txt and media-info.txt) but in the mean time ET 3.0.11 (standalone) does (see mpvlogs - ET - 3.0.11 - Standalone)

Setup are the same on both app (all video auto and audio passtrough AC3 DTS E-AC3)

ET 3.0.14 works with some other videos ... (SD v.s. HD ?)

When ET 3.0.14 works bad i see background picture of tvshow or movie and ET is spinning around...forever ... i've to quit, no way to get back or stop it.

P.S. : Can you remember me how to prevent ET auto update from 3.0.11 for example to last 3.0.14 ? I've to stay in an old version ... till 3.0.15 😉

Best Regards

media-info.txt mpvlogs - ET - 3.0.11 - Standalone.txt mpvlogs - ET - 3.0.14.txt

Hi, does your setup actually support audio passthrough? The cause of this is a defect in newer versions of the mpv video player we're embedding.

Previously, if the audio-passthrough fails, mpv would fallback gracefully to audio decoding, whereas now the video just fails altogether. There is an open ticket about this with mpv.

daedalus
12 hours ago, nicko84 said:

P.S. : Can you remember me how to prevent ET auto update from 3.0.11 for example to last 3.0.14 ?

as this is still sthing they control for you, with nothing on the horizon, there are only steamroller tactics

just get what ever version u want, and then revoke any write access to the "updates" folder, that lies along with the ET system folder, by the security tab in the folder properties

stangely just marking it read only the "normal way" couldn't stop the updating process

be aware that this only prevents "core system" updates, it does not prevent any updates concerning the UI

nicko84

Hello,

Luke, after several tests with AC3, E-AC3 and DTS soundtracks all with passtrough setup (ET 3.0.14), it goes wrong only with E-AC3 (AC3 and DTS with passtrough are good) 
because my amplifier is not E-AC3 compliant i assume (?) ... i understand now !

I'll go back to previous ET version and block ET update with Daedalus solution.

Thanks to both of you for your help !

• Like 1

Can't you just uncheck the passthrough option for eac3? that should give you the same result and then you can be on the latest version.

nicko84

Yes you're absolutely right...i did it yesterday and it works fine with ET 3.1.14

In which folder can i find mpv.exe for ET 3.0.14 ? And the version of mpv ?

Thanks

daedalus

4 hours ago, nicko84 said:

In which folder can i find mpv.exe for ET 3.0.14 ? And the version of mpv ?

ET uses the dll version of mpv now, if you use any customisation by the mpv.conf file, that version is still supar and you should switch back to the exe version to retain all functionallity

IndianaGeorge
2 hours ago, daedalus said:

ET uses the dll version of mpv now, if you use any customisation by the mpv.conf file, that version is still supar and you should switch back to the exe version to retain all functionallity

Subpar?  Is that for 4K HDR?  1080p and below seems to work nicely for me, but the mpv.conf auto-profiles need to be updated to the new format.  Just curious if I'm not noticing something wrong?

daedalus

Subpar in the way that some special things don't work or settings simply don't get applied

If you don't notice anything abnormal be glad and keep watching