Problem setting password or pincode

lucasbuck
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

lucasbuck

I'm trying to set either a password or pin code for my user account. Using Emby through WMC. I go under users, select my profile, then passwords.  I give me an option to set a password, which I have and saved. Below that is Local Network Access. I've tried to with password and tried with a pin code I create. When I go through WMC to Emby it shows the profile as locked, but I've tried 'Require a password' and 'Allow a numeric pin code'. In both cases it says they are incorrect. What am I doing wrong? Thanks for any help.

Hi, what happens if you use the web console and set/change you password or PIN code this way?

Hi, are you able to sign out of the web app and then sign back in with that username and password?

What version of Emby for WMC are you using?

lucasbuck

I works on the web console logging in, but if you try to log in through WMC you get incorrect password. Server version is 4.5.4.0

• Solution
10 hours ago, lucasbuck said:

When I go to check for update for Emby for WMC it says its up to date. In WMC it says version 3.0.307.0

Hi.  If you are using the current server version then you need to install the beta version of EMC.  It isn't really that it is beta but, rather, that it is designed for the newer server.  Please do that and let us know how it goes.

Thanks.