Remote from my phone and tablet

Chubs2862

Chubs2862

Hi Guys..

Been using plex pass for years - it's good but dated in layout so thought I'd give Emby a go.. Great so far and cleaner that Plex.

I actually have 3 machines that are set up as servers so that at any given time one will be on.

The problem I have is connecting to my server from my android phone or tablet whilst out and about.

The Phone sees the server from the app using connect, but just dose not connect and display content just comes up with failed connection.

Port forwarding has been set for my local network so I can use it from my bedroom to 8096 and for the external im using 8920.. alas no joy. On this Plex was up n running straight away.

Im using a Virgin Media hub 2.

Any help would be grateful.

mastrmind11
1 hour ago, Chubs2862 said:

Hi Guys..

Been using plex pass for years - it's good but dated in layout so thought I'd give Emby a go.. Great so far and cleaner that Plex.

I actually have 3 machines that are set up as servers so that at any given time one will be on.

The problem I have is connecting to my server from my android phone or tablet whilst out and about.

The Phone sees the server from the app using connect, but just dose not connect and display content just comes up with failed connection.

Port forwarding has been set for my local network so I can use it from my bedroom to 8096 and for the external im using 8920.. alas no joy. On this Plex was up n running straight away.

Im using a Virgin Media hub 2.

Any help would be grateful.

not sure what you mean port forwarding has been set for your local network, since port forwarding only applies to external connections.  that aside, you can't just port forward SSL for external use without first setting up a certificate on your emby server (or via other means), because it won't work.  Set up SSL on your box (plenty of tutorials on how to do that here and on the internet) and lets go from there.  Otherwise disable SSL and test with standard 8096 and we can go from there too.

mastrmind11
13 minutes ago, Chubs2862 said:

Cheers for getting back, will do what you suggest.. 👍 probably tomorrow.. 

Not quite as easy as plex but think its worth it..

oh, its definitely worth it.  pop back into this topic if you get hung up.