Live TV Guide Timeline

GrimReaper

GrimReaper

Would it be possible for the Timeline to be timeframe-customised (contracted/expanded) as opposed to current fixed one, i.e. a dropdown with 2 hours, 3 hours, 4 hours... etc.?

Also, 10 minute line-marks (ruler like) would give some eye-candy there. 

GrimReaper
4 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, what do you mean by timeline?

This? Don't know how else to call it. 🤷‍♂️

Screenshot 2021-02-24 033349.png

GrimReaper

As visible from above, it surely would as most of it is just wasted space. Hence the customization option, so anyone can set it as seen fit. 

If you start displaying more hours, how will you be able to read it since the font size would be the same.  Things will start to not fit.

GrimReaper
4 hours ago, cayars said:

If you start displaying more hours, how will you be able to read it since the font size would be the same.  Things will start to not fit.

Again, look at the screenshot above: even 5 hours there (and that's extreme), DOUBLE as it is now, would make those fields HALF as wide as they are currently - and still leave a lot of padding, more then enough or needed, with exactly same sized font. I ain't asking for a change in default behaviour, but for users to have a customizable option - I envisioned it as a dropdown menu with pre-determined hourly values. We don't all use it in a same way - there ain't "one size fits all". 

Depends on screen resolution.  For example this is already overly crowded and adding more hours will make it that much worse.  Of course reducing the hours could also be a benefit.

image.thumb.png.6346e2b1d36502a343b8466a6637b8ba.png

GrimReaper
4 hours ago, cayars said:

Depends on screen resolution.  For example this is already overly crowded and adding more hours will make it that much worse.  Of course reducing the hours could also be a benefit.

image.thumb.png.6346e2b1d36502a343b8466a6637b8ba.png

As I said way above, "Hence the customization option, so anyone can set it as seen fit." Some would use 1 hour. Some would use 2. Some 3. Some (like me) 4. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1