Emby 4.6 API change?

Tolriq

Tolriq

Hi,

I have users reporting that their items are no longer seen as favorites in my app while it was ok before, and when looking at the API result the UserData show that Likes is true but not IsFavorite.

Is this an undocumented API change or a bug?

"UserData":{"Rating":17,"PlaybackPositionTicks":0,"PlayCount":0,"IsFavorite":false,"Likes":true,"Played":true}

Well for instance, what kind of item are we looking at? If they add brand new content into their database and then mark it as favorite, does it occur with that?

Tolriq

I've asked the user to join here, not even sure about the difference between favorites and likes. Maybe it's an UI change that triggers changing the other type.

Tolriq

No my app read and set favorite, the issue is that whatever he does on Emby side, previously it did set the favorite status and now it set the likes. Or actually that's what the API return.

feerlessleadr

Hi - I'm the user that reported the issue on the yatse forums. 

Prior to installing one of the latest betas (apologies, I don't know exactly which one, but it was one of the later ones .20 or later possibly, but definitely since .26), I was able to see all of my favorited songs (indicated by pressing the heart icon on the emby interface for each song) in yatse, which I was then able to view in a smart playlist within the yatse app.

When I open the app now they are not there. 

I have not changed, or made any updates to the songs that I have 'favorited' on my emby server, or how I have 'favorited' them. 

Happy to provide logs, etc. if that would be helpful. 

I'm running .28 beta with the same issue. 

On 2/22/2021 at 9:56 AM, Tolriq said:

Hi,

I have users reporting that their items are no longer seen as favorites in my app while it was ok before, and when looking at the API result the UserData show that Likes is true but not IsFavorite.

Is this an undocumented API change or a bug?

"UserData":{"Rating":17,"PlaybackPositionTicks":0,"PlayCount":0,"IsFavorite":false,"Likes":true,"Played":true}

Exactly what endpoint was this returned from?

feerlessleadr

I've just realized that although my songs are listed under the 'Favorites' section under the 'Suggested' tab in my Music library, the songs aren't actually favorited (since the heart is not red):

image.png.9ab6b34e561206ca97674b3f39dba1b3.png

When I click the red heart and then refresh the page, the heart turns back from red to grey for that same song. 

I tested this through the web interface. The same thing happens when I favorite a song on the 'Songs' tab.

See attached for a debug log on my server

embyserver.txt

Tolriq

Unchanged for years:

https://xxxx/Users/yyyyyyyy/Items?Recursive=true&IncludeItemTypes=Audio&ParentId=7e64e319657a9516ec78490da03edccb&ExcludeLocationTypes=Virtual&Fields=Genres,SortName,Path,RunTimeTicks,DateCreated,ProductionYear,CommunityRating&startIndex=0&limit=2000&UserId=yyyyyyyy

feerlessleadr

Any other insight here? Unfortunately this issue has caused my ability to listen to music via the yatse app to be very difficult. 

Thanks

Tolriq
4 hours ago, Luke said:

@Tolriq do you ever use this endpoint?

/Users/{UserId}/Items/{Id}/Rating

Nope, but in this case the issue is unilateral, it's only about reading from Emby. But from

it seems even the Emby GUI have issue on that. 

feerlessleadr
7 hours ago, Tolriq said:

Nope, but in this case the issue is unilateral, it's only about reading from Emby. But from

it seems even the Emby GUI have issue on that. 

Upon further testing, it appears that when I'm in the songs view, when I hit the heart to favorite a song, it appears nothing happens, but the song is still added to favorites (even though the heart doesn't turn red). I am unable to remove anything from favorites through the songs view though.

When I go to the album view and view the songs in each album, I am them able to see the red heart, and am able to both add and remove from favorites, as expected. 

I'm not sure if this big is related to the issue with yatse or a separate bug though.

Upon further testing, it appears that when I'm in the songs view, when I hit the heart to favorite a song, it appears nothing happens, but the song is still added to favorites

That's strange. I'm not able to reproduce. Are you still seeing this? What server version are you on now?

feerlessleadr
1 minute ago, Luke said:

That's strange. I'm not able to reproduce. Are you still seeing this? What server version are you on now?

I am still seeing this unfortunately - I'm on the latest beta server (.31). None of my favorite songs have the red heart show up - and if I click a song to favorite, it will turn red, but when I refresh the page (or navigate away and navigate back), the red favorite is gone. 

The weird thing is that it looks like it may just be a GUI issue, because when I go to my favorites list, the song is included (even though it does not have a red heart). 

I'm not sure if this is causing the issue that is causing emby not to provide the favorites to @Tolriq 's yatse app or not (still having that issue as well). 

Tolriq

Yatse does receive the Likes to true, so maybe now it's the wanted behavior of the favorites to be Likes and I need to adapt but it's nowhere documented and Luke said nothing changed.

• 2 weeks later...