Changed the library name and the folder disappeared in the finder

mrdoowah

mrdoowah

I'm running a QNAP NAS and have been setting up my movies. I decided to rename a library which worked fine except theĀ folder disappeared in the finder. I mount the drive and it's not there. I looked for Invisible files and it's not there. For a while I could see the folder in Emby and I tried to change the folder path to see if that made a difference and then it all disappeared. I do have all the videos, I was putting them into collections and they are in fact still there. And suggestions? Thanks.

mrdoowah

Hi - I did it through Manage Embay Server>Library and then rename for the folder. I should mention that I had just moved from Plex to Emby and created a folder called Collections. Then I realized that Emby had created a folder with the same name. I renamed my folder Collections_SR and that's when things disappeared.

Ok, were you able to rename them back and correct it? Going forward with the upcoming 4.6 release this should never be a problem again. Thanks.

mrdoowah

Nope, gone for ever. However, the movies had been duplicated and there was no real loss. I look forward to a new release. Thanks for the response.