cannot use "identify" on some series

thibbb

Hi there,

Can you help me figure out why I can't identify some series ?

i.e. i have Breaking Bad + The Crown + Dexter on 3 different folders that have their own name
When I login to my emby server, I can see that BB + TC have their own nice logo + if I open it, the serie has been correctly identified (names, actors, seasons etc)
But for Dexter, nothing shown except "Dexter" with a random picture of a random episode.
If i click on the "three dots" menu, i can't select the "Identify" shortlink where I can set for example the tag from IMDB, because I just don't have it.
I can understant the serie is not identifed, but why can't i identify it by myself ?

I have this specific behavior for almost 50% of my series

Edit : I can't identify the serie. If I open it, I can't identify "Season 1". If i open "Season 1", i CAN identify a specific episode.

Thank you!

Thib

Edited by thibbb

Happy2Play

Can you go over folder structure, naming scheme and provide a server log for a specific example.

4 hours ago, pwhodges said:

What's the library type?

Paul

it was "mixed content".

I just tried to re-create a library as "Films" and well... clearly it's not the good one

pwhodges

Your initial examples were all TV Series, but you've created a "Films" library.  Perhaps you could explain a bit more what your folder and library structure actually is, with actual examples.

Alternatively, you could try adding to the folder names for each series or film the IMDB id, in the form "[imdbid=tt12345]".  This can help Emby look things up if they are tricky ones (tvdbid or tmdbid can also be used).

Paul

6 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

Can you go over folder structure, naming scheme and provide a server log for a specific example.

6 hours ago, pwhodges said:

What's the library type?

Paul

Well it turns out re-creating the library (as mixed content) seems to have fixed the problem

Thank you anyway!

Happy2Play

I am confused as none of this make since unless wrong content library is used or a structure naming issue.

On 2/21/2021 at 6:56 AM, thibbb said:

I just tried to re-create a library as "Films" and well... clearly it's not the good one

As this will never work for TV as you can not query the proper side of any provider as they differentiate /tv/ and /movie/ queries.

On 2/22/2021 at 9:37 PM, cayars said:

Why are you using mixed library instead of TV Shows library for these?

Because i don't have it, I can select Films, Music, TV, Audio Books, Books, Games, Musical Videos, Personal Photos and Videos, Mixed content

My structure folder is the following:

/mnt/Films/listofallmovies.avi|mkv|whatever

/mnt/Series/Dexter/Saison 1/*.mkv

------------------------------/Saison 2/*.mkv

/mnt/Series/BreakingBad/Saison 1/*.mkv

-----------------------------------------/Saison 2/*.mkv

etc etc

On 2/21/2021 at 5:43 PM, pwhodges said:

Your initial examples were all TV Series, but you've created a "Films" library.  Perhaps you could explain a bit more what your folder and library structure actually is, with actual examples.

Alternatively, you could try adding to the folder names for each series or film the IMDB id, in the form "[imdbid=tt12345]".  This can help Emby look things up if they are tricky ones (tvdbid or tmdbid can also be used).

Paul

I am already using IMDB ids to identify TV Shows and Movies, however my problem was that on a few of my TV Shows, I did not have the "Identify" menu that brings me the fields to populate (such as IMDB id)

GrimReaper
4 hours ago, thibbb said:

Because i don't have it, I can select Films, Music, TV, Audio Books, Books, Games, Musical Videos, Personal Photos and Videos, Mixed content

What do you mean you don't have it? You just wrote it there. 

• Like 1

Happy2Play

Please provide a exact example with naming and structure and a server log showing the failed to identify.

If Emby believe it is just a FOLDER it will not have a identify option.

I never understood "TV" to equal "TV Shows".

If I watch TV, i have a lot of things: movies, shows, informations, reality shows... (+ all VOD stuff)

As I saw a lot of things related to TV in all Emby configurations, I assumed that this category somehow did concern TV, not precisely TV Shows

I am not able to give a server log, as said before the problem is now fixed (and did not reproduced until now)

Sure "TV" could mean a lot of things but that's not a library option.  "TV shows" is the option and that is very clear in meaning.

image.png.b4ddb51489707ba43a0ee118659cb573.png

GrimReaper
5 hours ago, Luke said:

Ok I think that's just how the French translators did it.

... maybe because it's self-explanatory? Or noone ever accounted for a possibility that someone might actually succeed in NOT connecting TV shows with TV type library? 

4 minutes ago, GrimReaper76 said:

... maybe because it's self-explanatory? Or noone ever accounted for a possibility that someone might actually succeed in NOT connecting TV shows with TV type library? 

I don't know what you're trying to say, sorry. But cayars is right, it's just labeled differently due to how the French translator translated it.

GrimReaper
5 hours ago, Luke said:

I don't know what you're trying to say, sorry. But cayars is right, it's just labeled differently due to how the French translator translated it.

Yes, I am confirming that. And just listing the reasons why French translators might've thought that translation is sufficient. 🙄

Even though it just says "TV" in the context of the drop down choices it would still seem pretty clear I'd think for most people.

But we should probably get it translated to either "TV Shows" or "TV Series" which ever is more commonly called in France.

But putting the translation aside @thibbbdo you know what to do now to setup each library with specific Library Types for better matching and meta-data?

16 hours ago, cayars said:

Even though it just says "TV" in the context of the drop down choices it would still seem pretty clear I'd think for most people.

But we should probably get it translated to either "TV Shows" or "TV Series" which ever is more commonly called in France.

But putting the translation aside @thibbbdo you know what to do now to setup each library with specific Library Types for better matching and meta-data?

Yep, thank you !

• Like 1