Emby on WD My cloud (gen2) - not OS5 compatible

danlat1415

danlat1415

I've recently updated my WD My cloud single bay (gen 2) 8tb - to v5.09.115 (Jan 2021 update) OS5 now that WD have released the update for this drive recently.

I've tried to install Emby using the links in the download section of both "Western Digital" and "Western Digital (OS3)" section, but it would seem that these are the exact same OS3 version. All downloads in both sections, and even the beta downloads give the error saying this is intended for OS3 and not compatible with OS5

Have you any plans to update Emby for the WD My cloud (gen 2) NAS?

Screenshot_20210221-082506.png

Screenshot_20210221-082552.png

Edited by danlat1415

danlat1415

Sorry to trouble you, is there any update or response to my query?

My Cloud has had another update yesterday, not running OS5 v5.10.122

I would just like to know IF the My Cloud (gen 2) will be updated to Emby OS5 at some point.

I can hold out for now, but as I've got an Nvidia Shield running a server in the meantime (only temporary), but if the My Cloud will never get OS5 support, then I can make alternative arrangements.

• 2 weeks later...

hi @danlat1415 great news. We've built an OS5 package for this model. It will be up on our website shortly. Please try it out and report your experience. Thanks.

• Like 1

danlat1415
2 hours ago, Luke said:

hi @danlat1415 great news. We've built an OS5 package for this model. It will be up on our website shortly. Please try it out and report your experience. Thanks.

Thank you!

I've just downloaded the beta version (the standard one hasn't uploaded yet, getting 404 page error).

Installs and works perfectly fine on my WD My cloud gen2 with OS5

Thank you

Screenshot_20210314-195446.png

Edited by danlat1415

danlat1415
12 hours ago, Luke said:

Thanks for the feedback !

The beta version file is working fine, but it seems the standard version file has not uploaded correctly, or the file name is wrong, as it still gives a '404 error', file not found on server.

The linked file is;

https://emby.media/emby-server-western_digital_my_cloud_gen2_os5_{version}_armhf.bin

It seems to be saying 'version' rather than the actual version number in the file name.

Please could you take a look?