Improved Chapters support

CharleyVarrick

CharleyVarrick

A quick feature request:

Useable Chapters support, like most other media player have been offering all along.

Screenshot of MPC; chapters are displayed as little indents in the timeline, and back and forward arrows jump to next or previous chapters

I am much surprised it is not already mentioned in the tracking list.

image.png.cdca2db155d17a77517147d25627b77a.png

Edited by jlr19
  • Like 1

CharleyVarrick

Looks like you're 100% right as I learned minutes ago via PM. 

Apologies everyone, I must have missed the memo.

As Roseanne Rosannadana (vintage snl), would say: "Never mind"

https://images.ctfassets.net/23wh7e5ryr18/photo-46717/b88c2d5b1868cb4a5900da3d09e4b2b2/46717-saturday-night-live.jpg

1 minute ago, daedalus said:

exactly that is the main problem here

In terms of consistency and having the same "look&feel" across clients, I agree.
However, it's not something I would request as all clients I am using already have it (apart from ET for Android on TV layout).

daedalus
2 minutes ago, neik said:

However, it's not something I would request as all clients I am using already have it (apart from ET for Android on TV layout).

and on my side none of the player i use has em showing, so now? 🤷‍♂️ f* me, f* u?

as usual they should be optional for the user on all clients, so you could hide em if you dont want/need em, i just can sit here shrugging and wait for them to gracefully code in little lines for data they know from day one

• Like 1

CharleyVarrick
45 minutes ago, daedalus said:

and on my side none of the player i use has em showing, so now? 🤷‍♂️ f* me, f* u?

as usual they should be optional for the user on all clients, so you could hide em if you dont want/need em, i just can sit here shrugging and wait for them to gracefully code in little lines for data they know from day one

Offering more choices to the users instead of one size fits all, can't go wrong this way..

58 minutes ago, daedalus said:

as usual they should be optional for the user on all clients

Chapters (and marks on the timeline) only show when you request them.

• 5 months later...