Ratings Refresh plugin?

GrimReaper

GrimReaper

Following the discussion in another thread, in which Ratings - which DO get changed over time way more often than people wiki, more so for newer items - Refresh came up (and the implications prior/post), I was wondering if any of the plugin-gods (eyeing you, @chef) would be willing to develop one for that purpose? Something in the line of Refresh People task, in which only rating fields would be targeted? Waiting for Emby core to accommodate said functionality looks like rather later then sooner, and reading through a numer of posts relating to the same Ratings subject, maybe a plugin could be a way to approach that? 

At present, the only way that can be achieved (or I simply haven't found any other) is through full metadata refresh which, depending on your library size, might/would, more ofthen than not, deter you for even doing it at all, on a Library level. Granted, you may occasionally do it on a single item, but for libraries with 10s or 100s thousands of items it is illusory to even perceive that as a viable method. And then there are border cases, like mine - where, due to the nature of my job, my server is offline for several months at a time (currently since October 5, so 4.5 months and counting 🙄, with extremely rare occurences where license needs updating, as satellite internet gets VERY expensive VERY fast), and I'm convicted to content - and its metadata - as is, hence everything needs to be prepared/updated as much as possible in advance, which, in turn, literally forces me to do Full Library refreshes WAY more often than I would prefer (and I would prefer not at all, ever), which again, in turn, is both time/resources consuming and requires extremely careful curating of existing items else something unwanted gets changed. And still I get surprised every now and then, by forgetting something. Which again, just produces extra workload. It just goes on in circles. 🤦‍♂️

So, specific targeted task would REALLY be very welcomed here (and spare me a lot of grief), at least in my case, but I'm quite positive there would be a considerable few others that would find it beneficial, as well. 

Thanks to anyone that might find this something he's willing to tackle with. 

Cheers

Edited by GrimReaper76
Typos, of course