Why Can't I Shuffle music videos on my Smart TV

FJOverholt
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

FJOverholt

1.  When I watch stored music videos on my computer I have options at the top that includes the option to shuffle videos.  When I watch stored music videos on any of my Samsung Smart TVs those options are not present.  What am I missing? 

Emby Help.pdf

FJOverholt

I can't seem to be able to shuffle my music videos when watching EMBY on any of my smart TVs.  For example, I created a music video folder titled "Not So Famous Artists" and have downloaded music videos into the folder.  When I watch EMBY on my PC, I can select the folder and shuffle the videos.  However, when I want to watch the videos on any of my Smart TVs, I can select the folder but there is no shuffle option.  What am I missing?

FJOverholt

I keep my music videos on Emby in folders and playlists.  When I watch Emby on my computer, I have the option to shuffle the videos. When I watch Emby on my smart TV there is no option to shuffle the videos.  What am I missing?

• Solution

Hi there, I've merged your topics that are discussing the same issue so that we can keep relevant discussion in one place.

What version of the Emby Samsung app are you running?

Happy2Play
8 minutes ago, FJOverholt said:

I have a Samsung 55" Crystal UHD TV and a Samsung 65" TV 4KSUHD

Going off these images you are talking about DLNA not the Emby Samsung app/client correct?

images.thumb.jpg.2f176d14b2283baaad5018f0792afbf9.jpg

• Like 1

FJOverholt

Emby version 1.0.88. To avoid having to use WiFi. I link directly to my Emby account on my PC through my hard-wired network .  My TV's are also hard-wired to my network.  Using the Emby App on my TV works fine.  It's when I link to my PC Emby account that I have the problem.  My PC is a CyberPower C Series Supreme Liquid Cooled PC

Happy2Play

So you want DLNA to have the same functionality as a built client? My understanding is DLNA does not support shuffle play.