Subtitles falling out of sync, fixed by start/stop

JKjkJKjkJKjk

JKjkJKjkJKjk

I've been going a bit crazy trying to watch a film with subtitles. This usually isn't a problem at all - whether it's internal or external subs. This particular movie has internal subs, though I've also tried an external srt from OpenSubtitles (that is an exact match for the rip I'm trying to play, encoder and all) and I've even tried extracting the internal subs with ffmpeg and using them as external. Nothing seems to work. When I first start watching the subs are in sync but as I continue it's almost like the time between the subtitles grow exponentially. Using the sub offset function is no use as they get 15-20 seconds behind very quickly. However, if I exit playback and then resume, the subtitles are perfectly back in sync. I tried watching for a while last night, starting and stopping about every 5 minutes.

I've tried watching the file in VLC, no problems with any of the subtitles. I've tried watching through the Emby browser version - no problems. I'm stumped!

Also, if I turn on 'stats for nerds' it says it's direct play. I've tried playing with setting playback quality but I typically leave it on auto.

Any ideas? Log from last night attached.

Edit: Apologies, I failed to mention this is occurring when using the Emby app on my Samsung Smart TV (Samsung Smart TV (UN65TU7000FXZA) running Emby for Samsung 1.0.88) and not occurring when using the Chrome browser version (Emby Web 4.5.4.0).

img%5D

embyserver-63749116800.txt

Edited by JKjkJKjkJKjk

Hello JKjkJKjkJKjk,

Please wait for someone from staff support or our members to reply to you.

It's recommended to provide more info, as it explain in this thread:

Thank you.

Emby Team

• 1 month later...
tces12011

I seems I have the same problem in my ru8000,  the subtitle cannot show when start play a new video, if you press stop, and run, the subtitle comes out, my iphone could not reappear this problem

On 3/20/2021 at 12:10 PM, tces12011 said:

I seems I have the same problem in my ru8000,  the subtitle cannot show when start play a new video, if you press stop, and run, the subtitle comes out, my iphone could not reappear this problem

Hi what, what version of the Samsung app are you running?

• 2 weeks later...
tces12011
On 2021/3/23 at AM3点19分, Luke said:

嗨,您正在运行什么版本的Samsung应用程序?

my app version is latest 1.0.93