Issue with a 2016 Samsung TV and 7.1 Surround Sound

mtk143089

mtk143089

I have an odd issue that I am looking for help with.  I currently use Emby on several different devices with absolutely no issues.  I current host Emby server (latest version) on my Western Digital PR2100, which I recently upgraded to OS5 from OS3 (prior to the upgrade, I had no problems).  Since the upgrade, movies I have encoded with 7.1 surround will play with completely choppy sound on my 2016 Samsung Model UN70KU630D.  Anything else encoded with 5.1 or stereo will play without issue.  The only problems are with this one particular television.  I have a newer Samsung in the different room that plays everything flawlessly.  The television in question is also hooked up to a Onkyo receiver for audio output.  I thought that could be a related issue, but the choppy sound still persists when I set the television audio output to the internal speakers.  I have a log attached if that helps.

embyserver.txt

Edited by mtk143089

Happy2Play

That media info does not match this transcode log.

returned playbackinfo
&h264-level=41     &TranscodeReasons=VideoLevelNotSupported

item protocol
"Level":51

Happy2Play

If you were playing "Dragon Ball Z/Season 3/S03 E04 - Fighting Power, One Million.mkv", that displayed media info is wrong as the log shows different info.

That log is for a 720 item, so we do need a proper corresponding log.

"Height":384,"Width":720

Edited by Happy2Play

mtk143089

Nope, the file info shown should be Zootopia, which is one of the problem files.  Running it again now....choppy as ever.  Give me a few

FrostByte
5 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

If you were playing "Dragon Ball Z/Season 3/S03 E04 - Fighting Power, One Million.mkv", that displayed media info is wrong as the log shows different info.

That log is for a 720 item, so we do need a proper corresponding log.

"Height":384,"Width":720

See my response above, log is wrong, not the mediainfo

mtk143089

I'm sorry guys.  For the life of me, I can't figure out how to get a ffmpeg log for this device.  All of the logs that I see are for only one device, an Amazon Fire Stick in my bedroom.

6 minutes ago, mtk143089 said:

I'm sorry guys.  For the life of me, I can't figure out how to get a ffmpeg log for this device.  All of the logs that I see are for only one device, an Amazon Fire Stick in my bedroom.

Hi, it's easy. Simply recreate the problem again, then provide all log files that were written to or modified during that timeframe. Just think of it that way and you don't even have to worry about what the log file names are.

mtk143089

Hopefully this helps.  I restarted my server to make sure nothing else was active.  Then I played the video in question.  The problem is still persisting.  These are the only logs generated in that time frame.  I also turned debugging mode on.

......And I do appreciate the patience

embyserver-63749195974.txt embyserver.txt hardware_detection-63749193688.txt

Edited by mtk143089

Ok so that confirms it is direct playing the original file, which unfortunately means there's not a whole lot we can do about it.

If you put the video file on a USB stick and plug that into the TV, then play the file that way, does it happen?

mtk143089

Just used the USB stick as you suggested.  The sound was still choppy.  I suppose the problem is with the TV itself.  Although it is curious that this problem started after I upgraded my WD PR2100 to OS 5.  I never had this problem with OS 3.

1 minute ago, mtk143089 said:

Just used the USB stick as you suggested.  The sound was still choppy.  I suppose the problem is with the TV itself.  Although it is curious that this problem started after I upgraded my WD PR2100 to OS 5.  I never had this problem with OS 3.

Right but now you know it has nothing to do with OS 3 or 5. My guess is the TV is just having trouble with this high bitrate audio track. If playing on this TV is important to you then you may want to stick to 5.1 audio or keep mulitple copies of certain videos in different qualities.