Shcedules Direct Emailed me, said I'm not allowed to use with emby.

zachattack83

zachattack83

So, what alternatives are as easy to use as schedules direct for setting up my tv guide? It seemed to be the only one that wanted to work for me, and now they say I'm not allowed to use it for some license violation or something...

rbjtech

Are you not using 'Emby Guide Data' ? 

I'm reasonably sure that emby moved away from Schedules Direct some time ago - so it may just be a case of setting up the new Guide Provider in the live tv setup.

• Like 1

zachattack83

I just went through the set up for emby guide data. When I set up Schedules Direct is was late 2019 or early 2020. It was the only one that I could get to work. Looks like the EGD is set up and working.

Is there a way to remove certain channels? I seem to have  a lot of blank ones.

zachattack83

Actually went into the HDHR and set all the working channels to 'favorite', then I readded the HDHR to emby and only imported the favorite channels.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
BlueSnake

I today received a mail from Schedules direct that they will block Emby starting from June 1 2021. In germany I only can select SD and xmlTV. So when will Emby Guide Data be available in Germany? Or do I really have to switch to Plex in order to get working epg data?

4 hours ago, BlueSnake said:

I today received a mail from Schedules direct that they will block Emby starting from June 1 2021. In germany I only can select SD and xmlTV. So when will Emby Guide Data be available in Germany? Or do I really have to switch to Plex in order to get working epg data?

Hi.  In the meantime, you can try this:

BlueSnake

Thank you for your reply, but epg123 is running on a pc, correct? I have emby running on my Synology NAS, so I don't want to run a PC just for EPG. So this is no solution for me.

BlueSnake

Thanks, I will switch to epg.best in the future. But nevertheless I hope that Emby guide data will be available in germany as well.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
2 hours ago, BlueSnake said:

Any updates regarding Emby Guide Data in germany?

Hi.  No updates at this time.