Emby Theatre on HD Station don't reproduce

jorou1975

jorou1975

Good afternoon,

I'm new to NAS and media servers and I need some help.

I've been trying all day to get emby to work on a qnap 673 with firmware 4.5.2.1566 to transcode it has Nvidia Quadro P400 (I have a license for one year to be able to transcode). The qnap is connected by HDMI to the TV and Emby Theater in HD Station to launch the playback. 

The problem is that I access the library and try to reproduce something and it is constantly trying to load the content without reproducing anything. 

They can help me, I paid the license and finally I think that I will not be able to use it connected by HDMI.

Greetings and thank you.

Edited by jorou1975

PaulJNodine

Which TV are you using?  Emby has theatre apps for LG, Samsung and Android TV.   According to this post you can use a browser to show emby content

Edited by PaulJNodine
added link to post

PenkethBoy

are there nvidia drivers for a P400 on qnap and are they the latest ones?

not sure if theater is supported in HD Station

PaulJNodine
17 hours ago, PenkethBoy said:

are there nvidia drivers for a P400 on qnap and are they the latest ones?

not sure if theater is supported in HD Station

In the latest QNAP firmware update they removed support for Plex Home Theatre from HybridDesk Station also. 

jorou1975
On 2/15/2021 at 4:12 PM, PaulJNodine said:

Which TV are you using?  Emby has theatre apps for LG, Samsung and Android TV.   According to this post you can use a browser to show emby content

The tv is a Sony, the question is not to use an application or the browser, I want the content transmission to be done by HDMI and not by network, for this reason the enby server and the client (emby theater) must be in the qnap and playback via HD station. When I do it this way and launch emby theater, it starts up, I see the content there is, I select a movie and when I play it, nothing is played, it seems that it stays in a buffer and does not start playing.

PenkethBoy

the sony tv will be android (unless its very old) and you can load the emby ATV app

connect the tv to your network

picture will be no different and you are then not adding an extra layer of complexity

PaulJNodine
7 hours ago, jorou1975 said:

The tv is a Sony, the question is not to use an application or the browser, I want the content transmission to be done by HDMI and not by network, for this reason the enby server and the client (emby theater) must be in the qnap and playback via HD station. When I do it this way and launch emby theater, it starts up, I see the content there is, I select a movie and when I play it, nothing is played, it seems that it stays in a buffer and does not start playing.

That video card Nvidia Quadro P400 is not supported by that nas.  Here is a compatibilty list for supported video cards from QNAP

https://www.qnap.com/en/compatibility/?model=316&category=25

PaulJNodine

After some research I think the only way you can play through HDMI is to use the qnap HD Player through HD Station.  You'll also have to use the multimedia addons from QNAP - video station etc.  If your video files are just basic mp4 or mkv files with basic audio it should work without transcoding. 

If you already have your NAS plugged into a router or switch with emby server installed, its on the network so you can use the emby app from the android app store on the sony tv