Does emby for iOs in a car?

sjkiss

Hi there, I an thinking about getting an iPhone but I need to be sure it will work with my current setup.  I have emby 4.5 on a qnap NAS and I need to have my library available in the car. Right now my phone runs Android Auto and i just connect it to my car's head unit via bluetooth. It works pretty well. Does any one have a similar setup? I don't want to have to buy a whole new head unit. Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...
DavidUsh

Having had major issues with Plex support of Genres and playlists, I am giving Emby a try - for music. The IOS client seems to support both very well, but in Carplay all I see is a list of titles, with no facility to select. Since I have 3000 songs on one server and 40,000 on another, this isn't going to be workable. Please advise.

4 hours ago, DavidUsh said:

Having had major issues with Plex support of Genres and playlists, I am giving Emby a try - for music. The IOS client seems to support both very well, but in Carplay all I see is a list of titles, with no facility to select. Since I have 3000 songs on one server and 40,000 on another, this isn't going to be workable. Please advise.

Hi, yes we'll keep improving on this with each new release where you'll get the same kind of categories that you see in the web app. Thanks for the feedback.

• 5 months later...
mixdkins

@Luke Just wondering if more support for playlists is still in the works for apple carplay? 

If it's going to be a while before we can see the same categories we see in the web app (no worries, we all know we gotta be patient for new options), would it be possible to get favorite playlists  option (we currently have favorite albums and favorite songs) so we can access that way? Or even a multi-select option to select all songs in a playlist and "favorite" them?

Yes are continuing to work on improving playlist support for CarPlay. Thanks for the feedback.

• Thanks 1