Handling Multiple Versions of an Album in Music Library - "Multi-version" Albums

swandruski

swandruski

I searched and didn't find anything related to "multi-version" features for music, but this idea came to me recently. I have been gradually ripping my BluRay and DVD-A discs with high-resolution audio versions of albums. These will usually have at least 3 versions of an album - a new high resolution surround mix, a new high resolution stereo mix and an original high resolution stereo mix. Currently I have these  as 3 separate album folders, but this is starting to be a little cluttered looking. Often I also have one or two CD versions in addition to the high resolutions versions, perhaps because of different bonus tracks. It would be interesting for Emby to be able to pick up an album folder naming convention that would pull all of those versions into one "Album" and then have  the ability to select different versions to play much like you can have with movies named with the "Title - Version" convention. While this has been most obvious for these high resolution discs, as I think about whether to digitize ALL my CDs, this would also be a way of cleanly ripping and organizing multiple CD versions.

• Agree 1