Problem with resume reading

thrlly

On 2/3/2021 at 1:51 PM, Luke said:

Hi there, let's look at an example. Please attach the information requested in how to report a media playback issue. thanks !

I tried like 8 times in a row but wasn't able to reproduce yet and did not save the log of the one time it did not fail. But throttle does not fix the problem.

In my case I think it might be related to embycon, because it is handling resumes differently as the Emby Theater Windows app. With Emby Theater the server is not starting at the 0:00 and is jumping to the right position and produces an double transcode like embycon. With Emby Theater the movie starts at the right position.

@Happy2Play please move my two postings to the kodi section of the community. Thanks.

8 hours ago, thrlly said:

I tried like 8 times in a row but wasn't able to reproduce yet and did not save the log of the one time it did not fail. But throttle does not fix the problem.

In my case I think it might be related to embycon, because it is handling resumes differently as the Emby Theater Windows app. With Emby Theater the server is not starting at the 0:00 and is jumping to the right position and produces an double transcode like embycon. With Emby Theater the movie starts at the right position.

Yes like I suspected:

SessionManager: Playback start reported by app Emby Theater 3.0.14 playing . Started at 4188481 ms

SessionManager: Playback start reported by app Kodi EmbyCon 1.9.106 playing . Started at unknown ms

TeamB

It looks like this thread may have been split out from a larger thread.

Can you give me some context on the issue you having with EmbyCon, a log file and description of your issue will help.

Turn on debug logging in the EmbyCon addon settings, not kodi debug logging. Restart kodi, reproduce the issue and send me the logs, pm is fine if you don't want publicly post them.