Emby does not detect Yamaha RX-V475 to play on

dml33

• 2 weeks later...
dml33

Hi. 

Now, I am just running beta 4.6.0.30. 

The only thing I see is that a kind of pop up message shall appear in case an error connecting to the DLNA client is risen. It would be very useful.

I mean, in my case, if I forget to manually turn on the Yamaha AVR and put in in server mode, no music is played and no error is shown anywhere... 

Besides, is it possible that Emby command the AVR to turn on and be ready to receive music when a song is played? For example, in Spotify Connect mode, it works that way.

Thanks. 

I mean, in my case, if I forget to manually turn on the Yamaha AVR and put in in server mode, no music is played and no error is shown anywhere... 

Well in this case there would be no error because it would not be in the list, right?

dml33
16 minutes ago, Luke said:

Well in this case there would be no error because it would not be in the list, right?

Well, it is always in stand-by. There, the LAN is alive, it responds to Emby and appears on the list. 

But, in order the AVR really work, you have to turn it on with the remote control. Except in Spotify, where, when you select the AVR to play on, it automatically turns it on in Spotify Connect mode and the song is began to be played. 

That's why I wonder if that behavior is just due to Spotify API and if it could also be done in DLNA. 

And the error message is useful to do something to solve it. In BubbleUPnP, for example, a message appears saying "500 server error". Tricky, obscure, but you realize something is wrong: turn the AVR on! :D

Ok yea i"m not sure what Spotify is doing there. It might require some Yamaha-specific enhancements.